Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

On 11/01/2020 at 12:13, Andrew P said:

And not for the first time Martin.:o, this was last August!

UDSCF2986.JPG.25f294aff194d1d28799eba7b12cc22b.JPG

The subject of 'Lazy Joe's' toilet habits reminds me of the time I spent conducting track and drainage inspections throughout the Western Region. I would often inspect about seven miles of track each day and when I first started I was puzzled as to why there were some many half full plastic bottles laying in the cess containing a yellowish liquid ......I realised as to what the reason was when I witnessed a plastic bottle being ejected through the cab window of a passing locomotive. !!!!!!!!!   needs must I suppose ...:wacko:

• Informative/Useful 2
  • Funny 1

2 hours ago, Andrew P said:

At last 56047 is doing some work.

IMG_9550.JPG.2de3a967faaf7bacc55a60c15901b4ff.JPG

Hi Andy

Great layout, but, sorry to put my pedantic signalman's hat on, I hope you have a brake van at the rear as the Catfish is vacuum braked while 56047 is air brake only, alothough I suspect by the date when 56047 was in that livery unbraked freights were non existent if not banned for vast areas of the network.

Ian

Edited by ianwales
spelling
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, ianwales said:

Hi Andy

Great layout, but, sorry to put my pedantic signalman's hat on, I hope you have a brake van at the rear as the Catfish is vacuum braked while 56047 is air brake only, alothough I suspect by the date when 56047 was in that livery unbraked freights were non existent if not banned for vast areas of the network.

Ian

Cheers Ian, many people have put me right on that one, my excuse is that it's only moving them to the Top Yard the other side of the Bridge. 

I hope the Boss is not looking, haha.:o

33 minutes ago, Baggies1961 said:

About time a shark was produced, no doubt there is a kit. Heljan have produced the cat and dogfish so natural to finish the set so to speak.

George T of this Parish built one recently I think.

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Talking of whom, I only thought the other id been missing updates on his Barnsley area layout, but struggled to find it in this list, then it occurred to me I dont think he's posted on your thread lately - I assume all is ok with George? - Sorry to deviate Andy, but I know you two are good friends, so seemed the best place to ask! He was getting on quite well with it as I recall the last time I looked in?

Rich

• Friendly/supportive 2

8 hours ago, MarshLane said:

Talking of whom, I only thought the other id been missing updates on his Barnsley area layout, but struggled to find it in this list, then it occurred to me I dont think he's posted on your thread lately - I assume all is ok with George? - Sorry to deviate Andy, but I know you two are good friends, so seemed the best place to ask! He was getting on quite well with it as I recall the last time I looked in?

Rich

George and I speak most days, I don't remember him doing a Barnsley Layout though, all I know is that at the moment he doesn't have a Layout at home and is building a trio of West Country and Merchant Navy's for someone.

I'll get him to do a post on here or his workbench thread Rich.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, Andrew P said:

George and I speak most days, I don't remember him doing a Barnsley Layout though, all I know is that at the moment he doesn't have a Layout at home and is building a trio of West Country and Merchant Navy's for someone.

I'll get him to do a post on here or his workbench thread Rich.

Hi Andy,

Sorry its me getting mixed up!  It was his Grundy Street layout I was thinking of, but having just found it in the threads, I realised he's stopped working on it and moved over to OO for a change, hence why I hadn't seen any updates!  Apologies for the deviation!

Rich

• Friendly/supportive 1

37 minutes ago, MarshLane said:

Hi Andy,

Sorry its me getting mixed up!  It was his Grundy Street layout I was thinking of, but having just found it in the threads, I realised he's stopped working on it and moved over to OO for a change, hence why I hadn't seen any updates!  Apologies for the deviation!

Rich

Do keep up Rich, :ohaha, He's now sold the OO and got another O Gauge Steamer.:)

Don't worry, he's as bad as me,:nono: haha.:help:

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold

:crazy_mini::sorry_mini: ... end of month report ... must try harder :P

We are all as bad ... there appears to be two O gauge Large Prairie's sat on my desk at the moment, one in BR black and one in BR green, with two largish Heljan boxes on the floor :o  I must be doing something wrong as they don't seem to fit on my 2mm Finescale trackwork, there's a couple of millimetres missing somewhere ...... oops :mocking_mini:   I'm wondering if there's a screw loose?

Right, back to see what's due on Severn Mills for fuelling ... I note Lazy Joe hasn't been observed lately, not been fired for overworking has he?

Edited by MarshLane
Spelling
  • Like 1
  • Funny 2

3 minutes ago, Baggies1961 said:

Love the 56, so I guess one will be on its way here next year... sometime.

Good news spoken to Steve and point drop stops are on there way.

Glad you've sorted out your Point Drops Julian, as for another 56, I don't think that funds will run to that, even IF I have room for 7mm in the new abode.

• Friendly/supportive 2

On 14/01/2020 at 16:25, Andrew P said:

Morning Lads ,Yes l did build a shark for a guy a while back, it was a brass kit and it was awful as l remember, but l think its the only one around in kit form, (pictures are on my georgeT  7mm workbench thread)  l am wondering why Heljan has not made a shark to go with their ballast wagons  yet ?...

• Like 2

16 hours ago, MarshLane said:

Hi Andy,

Rich

Hello Rich, l have dabbled with 00 / 0 gauge layouts for years, but l get fed up with them very quickly and move on, so realizing that my love for building locos / stock is what l really enjoy, so all of the 00 and 0 gauge layouts are gone, and my room is un-cluttered now...until the next idea / project that is  Hahahaha

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2