Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

Hi George, Good to hear from you on here mate, even though we speak most days, the work you did on the Shark was really good stuff considering the Kit.

As for an un cluttered room, well I seem to be making things even worse with my 3 Layouts in there now.

There was still room for 5 Bodies in there the other night though.

1240460222_IMG_0718-Copy.JPG.54e838de74f234413dd946d4b4a12fb9.JPG

• Like 16
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

11 hours ago, Baggies1961 said:

Great shot that Andy.

Thanks Julian, I do love the O Gauge close ups.

So here's 20142 at the Gates, ready to run back up the Yard, as the Gates are now out of use with the Tracks beyond lifted.

XDSCF2968.JPG.1f974fba45bf8a3bcd7265d7cbbde343.JPG

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 12

1 hour ago, Baggies1961 said:

Another one Andy! Is the truck still available to buy?

Don't know mate, I saw it parked down the Road with the keys in the ignition and thought to myself, that looks a nice un.:o:no::nono:

In truth, I was given it by a mate who collects Lorries and Busses and he didn't want it any more, so it ended up on SMS. It really is to old for my period, as I was running Steam at the time, and I'd forgotten it was still there until I saw the pic this morning.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

10 hours ago, Baggies1961 said:

Another one Andy! Is the truck still available to buy?

It's the Thames Trader by Corgi / Vanguards, on eBay many versions are available. This one is Corgi 30201.

Click here to go to google images

Click here to visit eBay

Jelle Jan

Edited by JelleJan
Link to eBay added, typo corrected
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

Yes, I now the Bedford OB bus is 1:50, I checked that by comparing the size of the model with the size of a real one. This lorry is also smaller than 1:43, some say 1:50, others (like Corgi/Vanguards itself) even say 1:64. I haven't been able to check the scale myself. 

Edited by JelleJan
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium
50 minutes ago, Baggies1961 said:

There doesn't seem to be many available commercial vehicles available in 1/43 scale.

There are a few though mostly by Ixo. A Sava/BMC, Bedford TJ and TK (artic), Ford Thames and a Morris Commercial all decent quality in true 1:43

• Informative/Useful 1

My mates and I were down at Seven Mills late last night, and so a shot taken as Dusk fell, and the Fleet are bedding down for the night. Lazy Joe was off shift and leaning on a Bar somewhere I expect.

IMG_0544.JPG.6e175f5efc7e9471fe50e618d3522b29.JPG

• Like 14