Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

Off to the Great Central in a moment with Jeff / Binny as it's the Steam Gala Weekend and although a couple of the 10 Locos in Steam may not be working, both Hall's, the K1 and the Black 5 are amongst those that will be in Steam today.

They are also running some Goods Specials today which I always enjoy, so I'll probably put some pics on here or Privett Green later.

First job is to find Weatherspoon for a hearty Breakfast or maybe have that at the GCR as well.:good:

• Like 9

I haven’t been to the GCR since last year. It really is a wonderful place, kinda like a Jurassic Park but with locomotives :laugh:

I grew up nearer the Avon Valley Railway which is a nice little railway but nothing compared to the might that is the Great Central.

The AVR is like a little train set, small but good, and the GCR is like a full 60ft exhibition layout in O, massive and spectacular!

any chance you’ll have a video of the event too?

Edited by PannierTanker14
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, PannierTanker14 said:

I haven’t been to the GCR since last year. It really is a wonderful place, kinda like a Jurassic Park but with locomotives :laugh:

I grew up nearer the Avon Valley Railway which is a nice little railway but nothing compared to the might that is the Great Central.

The AVR is like a little train set, small but good, and the GCR is like a full 60ft exhibition layout in O, massive and spectacular!

any chance you’ll have a video of the event too?

I have quite a bit of Video footage to put together and upload so will make a start over the weekend and put it onto my Privett Green thread, along with a few more photos.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, gismorail said:

Some cracking shots there Andy the K1 does look in fine fettle .....what a  beauty :D all the locos are well turned out thanks for sharing EXCELLENT :clapping_mini:

Thanks Martin, Yes indeed, the bark from the exhaust on the K1 was awesome.

I picked up an OO K3 today ready for another project that is in the pipeline, more details in the Layouts Section as and when it comes to life.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

I picked up an OO K3 today ready for another project that is in the pipeline, more details in the Layouts Section as and when it comes to life.

"I won't have much space in the new house to begin with" he says,  "So I need to cut back Privett Green" he says  :lol::lol:

Now another layout appears.....:D

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

4 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

"I won't have much space in the new house to begin with" he says,  "So I need to cut back Privett Green" he says  :lol::lol:

Now another layout appears.....:D

No, Yes, Well no not exactly, after the move, I will need to rationalise and sell some bits, but some things will stay, Yes Privett Green will go, and also Argyle Street may have to go eventually but still not sure.

This O Gauge SMS is the biggest issue, I really want it to stay in some form if I can, and that will dictate what else stays or goes.:good:

• Friendly/supportive 1

8 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

No, Yes, Well no not exactly, after the move, I will need to rationalise and sell some bits, but some things will stay, Yes Privett Green will go, and also Argyle Street may have to go eventually but still not sure.

This O Gauge SMS is the biggest issue, I really want it to stay in some form if I can, and that will dictate what else stays or goes.:good:

And in this sale of the century, where does a K3 fit in :lol:

You were planning to model the railways where you are (or is that now were) planning to live.

Are you now moving to Peterborough or maybe somewhere near the old CLC in Cheshire :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, woodenhead said:

And in this sale of the century, where does a K3 fit in :lol:

You were planning to model the railways where you are (or is that now were) planning to live.

Are you now moving to Peterborough or maybe somewhere near the old CLC in Cheshire :D

Over the last few weeks, I have been brought down to Earth with an almighty thump.:o

The original plan was to have somewhere to try and keep Seven Mills, but also do a continuous Roundy Layout as well.

Well having visited some friends, one of whom has a Roundy in about 16ft x 8ft and another  who is trying to plan one, I have come to the sad conclusion that if I end up with a standard size Garage or Shed, I wont have sensible room for SMS and a Roundy without double decking, which I personally hate, having tried it before.

So with all this in mind, I need to think of a compromise, and so that may mean another long end to end, or two shorter end to end's, either way I have a lot of planning to do.

The K3 will fit with the Great Central Railway / GCR, as will the Midland Region and some Eastern Region, Western Region and a small splattering of Southern, so lots of variety I hope.

More will be explained later.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Friendly/supportive 8

8 hours ago, AdamD98 said:

Well it's taken me the better part of the evening but I've managed to catch up with the threads I had been following. Love the updates Andy, some really fantastic shots and a great collection too. 

Thanks very much Adam, you must have the patience of a Saint to trawl through some of my garbage, but at least your at the sharp end now.

I really must get out and do some more fresh photos, as my un used stock is running very low now. I might even get the Wagons out from storage as well soon.

Cheers again.:good:

• Like 1