Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

1 hour ago, Mulgabill said:

Also - they. the original builders, would surely not have gone to the expense of building an extra bridge

just to gain 1 siding.

Just a thought.

TONY

A very good thought Tony, Thanks.

43 minutes ago, ianwales said:

Sharp curves into MOD sidings for which the LWB vans and opens were unsuited was the3 reason why some vanwides were converted to VEA's and Pipe wagons to ODA's. Don't do away with the MOD line as it will reduce the "playability"

Ian

Thanks Ian, another couple of very good points, a couple of VEA's would be nice if someone did them.

2 hours ago, 47606odin said:

If you lose the spur line, will that not reduce the playability? The MOD transfer is a good reason to have trains other than ballast trains

Cheers, everybody seems of the same opinion so that's a positive sign that the link will now be staying in place.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, 47606odin said:

but they are coming. To convert to VEA you’d need to replace the axleboxes and springs. I’m sure there’d be some available somewhere 

Unfortunately I wouldn't notice one Axel Box from another, so if there Red / Grey, that will do me just fine.:good:

• Like 1

Since coffee and before I had my Lunch, I've lifted some of the curve to the MOD Line and cut back the embankment and greenery in anticipation of getting the New Points next week.

The carpet grip rod is representing the New feed to the MOD Line.

IMG_0979.JPG.56c08a3672bbb9379cc01576a4609e3b.JPG

IMG_0980.JPG.bc67c136c1cd913dbff8ac0e899793af.JPG

IMG_0981.JPG.76271db086338ec54d28042d283b5c61.JPG

IMG_0982.JPG.e9c7b205299762c8b1755a7e48dd0b89.JPGIMG_0983.JPG.9e2aa064358612a098dbd379b2d12584.JPG

• Like 15
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

8 minutes ago, chuffinghell said:

Looking good as usual Andy :good:

How well do your locos run on the carpet strip? :jester:

Probably better than they do on the Rails, haha.:o

Edited by Andrew P
  • Funny 3

Glad look to have decide to keep the MOD line. If you can lay your hands on some steel wagons you could assume it ran down to a docks side for export, or BUzz Models should have a kit for VGA wagons at some point later this year, if its as simple as the IWA it'll be a relatively easy addition.

Al.

• Informative/Useful 1

1 hour ago, D6775 said:

Glad look to have decide to keep the MOD line. If you can lay your hands on some steel wagons you could assume it ran down to a docks side for export, or BUzz Models should have a kit for VGA wagons at some point later this year, if its as simple as the IWA it'll be a relatively easy addition.

Al.

Cheers Al, Good news, I'll see how much Fiddle Yard I have when I've moved.

Really glad you have decided to stay with O gauge after the long chat we had over your future plans for when you get back down south, plus the great work you have done with that old lima 33 bringing it right up to date, great stuff and l love the extra yard you have added to SMS.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

13 minutes ago, georgeT said:

Really glad you have decided to stay with O gauge after the long chat we had over your future plans for when you get back down south, plus the great work you have done with that old lima 33 bringing it right up to date, great stuff and l love the extra yard you have added to SMS.

Cheers mate, I have actually decided to move the 33 on,

IMG_0921.JPG.150c0b0cb5aad68c23778aa378a95a55.JPG

I might get the Heljan one, :o  but the Jury is still out, I might be better investing in some more varied wagons.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1