Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

7 minutes ago, Deano747 said:

I, For one, never was keen on the tight bend into the MOD siding, but I do know they existed. I do like the new plan though!

Regards, Deano.

Thanks Deano, I liked it when running the Steam Era Stock, but soo disliked it as I moved on to the later long wheel base wagons. I must say, I do prefer this new arrangement. Once tweaked in the morning it'll just be a case of fitting the Autofrogs when they arrive and the Sidings themselves.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andrew P said:

This evening, whilst the Good Lady watches a Visual Box in the lounge, I've modified the Point and although it still needs some fine tuning tomorrow it at least works.

IMG_0994.JPG.891188d267c5ffc5d02d318e349308d8.JPG

IMG_0995.JPG.c1869fc20ff4636488d68a1f8f611c72.JPG

IMG_0996.JPG.95e9db66ad0a3f9435c48bddcd16136e.JPG

100% better without that sharp curve Buddy, looks great...

• Like 4
  • Agree 2

Hi Andy. The new extension looks great but i am a bit worried about that sharp point in the last pic. would it be better to put that as the last point in the siding and use another standard point for where the MOD line comes in. It might flow a bit better.

Cheers Peter.

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

9 hours ago, georgeT said:

100% better without that sharp curve Buddy, looks great...

Cheers mate, Work will continue today, and hopefully get it working and wired finished before the weekend, but probably not Ballasted until down Souf.

1 hour ago, P.C.M said:

Hi Andy. The new extension looks great but i am a bit worried about that sharp point in the last pic. would it be better to put that as the last point in the siding and use another standard point for where the MOD line comes in. It might flow a bit better.

Cheers Peter.

I'll have a look this morning Peter, I've cut the main curve out of the Point, so the difference between that and an original Peco Standard point is now not that great. If you think for example of Peco OO Gauge Long and Medium Points, that's about the difference now.

But as I say, I will take your thoughts on board and have a re look, before fitting the next Point, I have to lift it a bit as I rushed it at the end last nigh and to the eye, didn't see that small kink that shows up in the photos.

• Friendly/supportive 1

Good morning Andy hope all is well and that your not too overwhelmed with the wet stuff ..... I do like the rain photo's very effective. I have to say that the extension sidings are impressive, seems to give the layout a lot more scope and will increase the operational interest greatly. Have you considered replacing the last two points with a three-way  turnout which would enable you to fit a standard point as it would allow more space in the access to the MOD sidings. Just a thought for you to chew over but I do like the general idea :dance_mini: 

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

13 minutes ago, gismorail said:

Good morning Andy hope all is well and that your not too overwhelmed with the wet stuff ..... I do like the rain photo's very effective. I have to say that the extension sidings are impressive, seems to give the layout a lot more scope and will increase the operational interest greatly. Have you considered replacing the last two points with a three-way  turnout which would enable you to fit a standard point as it would allow more space in the access to the MOD sidings. Just a thought for you to chew over but I do like the general idea :dance_mini: 

Hi Martin, No floods here mate, were on a Hill, although there are some down by the Industrial Estate where the old Cadley Hill Coal Sidings used to be, now concreted over with Roads so the water has to sit somewhere.

Peco don't do a 3 Way in O mate, and besides, these Points and NEW Box of Track came from our friend Larry at a very reasonable price.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Andrew P said:

didn't see that small kink that shows up in the photos.

The way you've cut the curved part and flowed it into the branch is very nice. It's that kink off the next point that catches the eye so great if that can be smoothed and it still all work.

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

4 hours ago, Hal Nail said:

The way you've cut the curved part and flowed it into the branch is very nice. It's that kink off the next point that catches the eye so great if that can be smoothed and it still all work.

Yes, that is now sorted. It was mess, haha. Cheers.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, P.C.M said:

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter, in response to your post from yesterday.

First up a pic of a std Point compared to the one I've shortened, and the Point to the left is against the Board joint so cant go any further to the left. the Std Point would need shortening to much to make it fit.

IMG_1000.JPG.8b12f81ca4db098f2257e50b61d67f56.JPG

Here we see a Std Point overlaid the modified Point for a comparison.

IMG_0998.JPG.8755dee7d722e5e4777b177e0331e7bc.JPG

And now I've re set the angle from the Main Point.

IMG_0999.JPG.f814bce438bf5a37e7839a7df6c8cd92.JPG

IMG_0997.JPG.d95e00b076396c89c6b1a5a046fa7871.JPG

• Like 13

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, Andrew P said:

I'm told that's what Cows do Peter, i.e. chewing the Cud, did you mean Running time?

The comment related to post 32808 where thought was required from a response ... cows take their time ruminating ... so I thought (there is that word again) that you would be taking your time thinking over it and the number of options opened up to you.

The amount of work you are doing at the moment surely means that you are missing a lot of 'running time'!  Cheers.

Edited by PeterBB
Spelling x 2
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, georgeT said:

That gives you many more options to play with, far better well done..

4 hours ago, Barnaby said:

Great work Andy I'm looking forward to your next video showing the new siding being shunted.  :dance_mini:

Cheers Guys, I'm in Ampsher now as we Sold our Bungalow today so will have limited access for a few days.

• Like 6
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 5

2 hours ago, Happy Hippo said:

Andy,

Did you get the GEM point lever fairly recently or is it one that has been lurking in the spares box for some time?

I have been looking for some for a little project I had in mind.

Hi Richard, they must be at least 25+ years old, and I ain't got a clue where they came from, I used to have some side action ones as well, but I used all them when I built an O Gauge Layout for a chap about 10 years ago.

Sorry I can't help.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PeterBB said:

The comment related to post 32808 where thought was required from a response ... cows take their time ruminating ... so I thought (there is that word again) that you would be taking your time thinking over it and the number of options opened up to you.

The amount of work you are doing at the moment surely means that you are missing a lot of 'running time'!  Cheers.

Now you've confused me even more, where do you get the Post numbers from?

And yes no more thinking for a while, but there will be some wiring when I get back from Amp Sher.

• RMweb Gold
14 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Cheers Guys, I'm in Ampsher now as we Sold our Bungalow today so will have limited access for a few days.

Congratulations - great news for you and Dee - future travel from this end - hope it all goes well.

32,811 posts see your avatar!

Edited by PeterBB
Answering Andy's question.
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
20 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Brilliant news.

Paul.

• Agree 4
  • Thanks 1