Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

18 minutes ago, DLT said:

Great photos Andy, maybe you should put some on the "How Realistic Are Your Models" thread.....

Thanks for the prompt again Dave, time is a great healer, so never say never.

If I can convince Chris and Rob to post in there again and the other prat shuts up, then we will see.

Once again, your support as with others is helpful, I hope Rob and Chris get the same support.

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

10 minutes ago, Barnaby said:

All your pictures and my fave vids have disappeared, have I missed something.

Best

All O.K. here Barnaby, not sure why you can't see anything, is it just my thread?

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, Hal Nail said:

I bought a record player for my old steam train album which needed a speaker. I was tempted by the idea of putting it through my Vox guitar amp. "A castle storms Dainton summit with 11 on (plus overdrive and reverb)".

Do it Hal DO IT!!

Regards Lez.

• Funny 2

Thanks Andy I'll go and check but it did only seem to be yours and oddly when I first visited some were there then when I came they had gone too, most odd.

They keep coming and going, black magic going on here.

Best

• Friendly/supportive 1

All the Wagons and Locos are safely back in their boxes ready for packing into large plastic crates for the move. :(

Well that's a bit of a lie actually, the Wagons and Vehicles etc have gone into a wooden suitcase, all carefully wrapped in bubble wrap, and packed with foam.:)

The Suitcase was made by my dad just after the War. I've used it for many things, when in the Band, it was divided into sections for things like foot effects pedals, pre Amps, Cables, etc.

And when Exhibiting it was a Stock and Controllers Box, so that nothing was left at home.

The Heljan Wagon Boxes are in a few cardboard boxes, but are so flimsy that putting stock in and out tends to destroy them, so I've not re used them this time.

Next job it to make end plates for the Layout boards to protect the Rail ends.:good:

• Like 9

Ta Hal  for the advice always wrap stuff in Acid free tissue paper due to an unfortunate experience with one of my American locos that was packed with yellow foam ...it reverted to it pre production petroleum state ruined the paint on the Loco ,as well as forming a yellow gooey mess everywhere !...yuk !

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

2 hours ago, mervyn said:

Know what you are going thru Andy we moved 2 years ago still got lots of railway stuff in the garage haven't unpacked yet !!......

1 hour ago, Hal Nail said:

Message to you both then - bubble wrap attacks paint. Dont leave them wrapped in it for too long!

1 hour ago, mervyn said:

Ta Hal  for the advice always wrap stuff in Acid free tissue paper due to an unfortunate experience with one of my American locos that was packed with yellow foam ...it reverted to it pre production petroleum state ruined the paint on the Loco ,as well as forming a yellow gooey mess everywhere !...yuk !

Mine will be going in the Garage, and once the Garage is converted into a comfortable living space for the Railway it will all be unpacked, that shouldn't be more that 6 to 8 weeks away now I hope.

Thanks both for the good and useful info.:good:

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, mervyn said:

Know what you are going thru Andy we moved 2 years ago still got lots of railway stuff in the garage haven't unpacked yet !!......

Unfortunately can beat that in terms of railway stuff there is some still stacked (not exactly stacked) since 1987 ...

Edited by PeterBB
Spelling
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

3 hours ago, PeterBB said:

Unfortunately can beat that in terms of railway stuff there is some still stacked (not exactly stacked) since 1987 ...

About time it was taken to the Club for a good run then Peter.:good:

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, mervyn said:

The railway stuff was unpacked before anything else of mine when we moved. If I would have left it packed my train room would have become a store room, as it is I have nine or ten boxes belonging to others in my family nesting under the baseboards.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

The railway stuff was unpacked before anything else of mine when we moved. If I would have left it packed my train room would have become a store room, as it is I have nine or ten boxes belonging to others in my family nesting under the baseboards.

I did similar on a move many years ago. As the removal men were brining in stuff, I was told by my dear wife to get out of the way.

I did, into Bedroom 4, ripped out the built in wardrobe, and started measuring it up for the baseboard in that room.:good:

One  nice German Layout. NOTE = These are photos of photographs.

IMG_8269.JPG.24cc9e27a7fe4f47a5fbd711241e94ec.JPG

IMG_8272.JPG.1a05909ea9a9ad2df98f128db3cc1e69.JPG

• Like 10