Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

12 minutes ago, pwr said:

All quite sad really. We are having a new kitchen fitted and I have lost access to the layout for a few weeks. I desperately want to try my new Dapol signal. 

Also with this COVID-19 I am confined to working at home but sadly not modelling at home.

We will have to keep posting here Andy to keep your spirits up.

Paul R

Cheers Paul, Well I hope your kitchen fitter doesn't have to self isolate mate. As for the modelling, well I have literally hundreds of photos to look back on, the majority not yet seen on here. I also have a lot to keep my brain working. For the last 5 days, I've woken up between 3 and 4am, and with ideas buzzing around the room, I've not been able to get back to sleep.

I will be back with fresh new ideas I hope, but it may be a few Months.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Cheers Paul, Well I hope your kitchen fitter doesn't have to self isolate mate. As for the modelling, well I have literally hundreds of photos to look back on, the majority not yet seen on here. I also have a lot to keep my brain working. For the last 5 days, I've woken up between 3 and 4am, and with ideas buzzing around the room, I've not been able to get back to sleep.

I will be back with fresh new ideas I hope, but it may be a few Months.

I do some of my best thinking at that time of night. I have a great idea to improve the electrical connections on my fiddle yard cassettes without any need to plug anything in or fix anything to it. I need to find my router to be able to do that as I need to insert some flat aluminium strip into the fiddle yard deck. I'll post on Black Notley when I get round to it. Its such a sumple solution I don't know why anyone has not thought of it before.

Paul R

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Barnaby said:

Where have all the locos gone,

Long time passing...………………...

All gone to bed Barnaby, but I still have some photos kicking around.

IMG_9580.JPG.abd8c8c7c7e5f8eba40e011523398a61.JPG

• Like 16

3 hours ago, muddys-blues said:

S**T !!! Andy, looks like you have a case of Corona there ........................ 

image.png.056edcf933ad5f754657e2f712945ddb.png

Hi Young Craig, I missed this post earlier, I must have had a coughing fit, and yes, it's just the one case Dr, so I should be fine.

Will I get money back on the empties?

• Like 3

37183 will soon have another Scottish Large Logo mate to play with, once I've moved and fitted a Sound Chip.

I have Split Head Code, Large Logo Scottie Dog 37081 Loch Long, on it's way in the next few days.

DSCF4450.JPG.c6c10905df068ef352f9968920948779.JPG

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 18

• RMweb Premium

That reminds me of cycling my bike round the railway cottages at Eastleigh a few years ago, long after the depot proper had shut but before it had picked up again to current levels and there was an infernal racket coming from somewhere. Could hear it from miles away. Eventually pinned it down to one tractor chattering away behind someone's garden - would have driven me nuts.

Of course a proper noise like a sulzer would be totally different :)

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

33 minutes ago, Hal Nail said:

That reminds me of cycling my bike round the railway cottages at Eastleigh a few years ago, long after the depot proper had shut but before it had picked up again to current levels and there was an infernal racket coming from somewhere. Could hear it from miles away. Eventually pinned it down to one tractor chattering away behind someone's garden - would have driven me nuts.

Of course a proper noise like a sulzer would be totally different :)

I used to enjoy driving down peoples back passage when I lived down there.:o

Now let me re phrase that for those that don't know the area.

The Depot is either side of the Campbell Road, with houses along both sides. behind the houses runs a lane just wide enough for a car, that runs between the backs of the houses and the two Yards, so driving down the back passage, as I called it got some great views of stored and active Locos and Stock.

I'm looking forward to seeing how much things have changed when I move back down, and spend time at Eastleigh again.

2020-03-18.png.081adf90d0cffdfbfd77e4538847f63a.png

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

To be honest after the open days finished I rarely actually saw much there but you always felt you might!

My parents are still nearby so I look in sometimes and with the private works pretty active there are a few things around and it's often been good for a duff or two - City of Truro in its colas guise etc. Theres an old 07 dock shunter knocking about too.

Edited by Hal Nail
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
15 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Is the big wooden fence still up near the entrance?

To be honest not sure - its probably longer than I think since I went much past the corner on bridge overlooking the old works!

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

I've finally caught up this extremely interesting thread. Taken me about 3 weeks from start to current page and I want more. 

Given the go ahead from my wife after moving into our first house 14 yrs ago and gutting it. I'm now starting to build up a collection of diesels to go with the kits I'd purchased in the previous years before a mortgage was more important! 

I've 2 work sheds in the garden that need replacement this year, so we're looking at a summer house type wooden building as a replacement. Its going to have to store all my DIY and garden gear, my new weights bench that's far too big for the dining room! And I'm told a railway layout if I want one. I am determined to make it fit. 

This will still be some months away, even if it stops raining for more than 24hrs! I have some great ideas but won't know what sort of space or shape I'll have yet.

All the best for your move and wish everyone good health in these challenging times ahead. 

Paul

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Joner said:

I've finally caught up this extremely interesting thread. Taken me about 3 weeks from start to current page and I want more. 

Given the go ahead from my wife after moving into our first house 14 yrs ago and gutting it. I'm now starting to build up a collection of diesels to go with the kits I'd purchased in the previous years before a mortgage was more important! 

I've 2 work sheds in the garden that need replacement this year, so we're looking at a summer house type wooden building as a replacement. Its going to have to store all my DIY and garden gear, my new weights bench that's far too big for the dining room! And I'm told a railway layout if I want one. I am determined to make it fit. 

This will still be some months away, even if it stops raining for more than 24hrs! I have some great ideas but won't know what sort of space or shape I'll have yet.

All the best for your move and wish everyone good health in these challenging times ahead. 

Paul

Hi Paul, firstly thanks and you must have some stamina to wade though all this dribble.:D

Size need not be an issue, depending on your interest, there is a Layout on the Exhibition circuit by Dave Tailby, and its about 2ft x 2ft, and just uses an 08 and a couple of wagons, but can entertain at a Show, so that cant be bad.

I've done a basic shunting Layout in about 9ft, using Jinty's and Panniers, or the 08, I've also planned out a Depot / Stabling point in about 8 to 9ft x 2ft with a Low Relief Depot front, so there's loads of scope, it's more a case of what you want, and then work it into the area you have.

Whatever you decide, post up your thoughts, build and ideas on a Thread so that others can not only learn from your possible failures, (and I've had many along the way) but also your success.

All the best, and even if you don't have the Shed yet, a thread with a rough size and an idea of what you want, period and Motive Power wise, will get you lots of good advice and warnings of possible pitfalls to avoid along the way.

Get planning.:good:

Andy.

• Like 2
  • Agree 5

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, Joner said:

Paul

Welcome to the RMweb - look forward to seeing your progress.  In terms of shed make your plan and then go for at least the next size up!

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

23 minutes ago, PeterBB said:

Welcome to the RMweb - look forward to seeing your progress.  In terms of shed make your plan and then go for at least the next size up!

Very good point Peter.:good: