Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

Good morning Andy, wow I hadn’t realised how long it’s been since I have been on RMweb properly catching up on threads, then I come across this new one of yours.

Looks interesting & plenty of good ideas discussed from others ....... but where will the bogcarts come into it ?

Best regards

Craig

No Bog Carts, No Passengers, (there a pain in the A... and always moaning) and just a little in the way of 08's shuffling Vans about, and noisy Diesels coming and going.

• Like 5

Dear Mr Kazmierczak

Our Clive has been busy and has eventually got round to doing his homework and fitted the trap point. 

Please see Sheffield Exchange page 80

Yours

Clive's Mum

Dear Mrs M,

Thank you for your note. Good to hear that young Clive is now starting to pull his finger out and apply himself to his work.

It also makes a nice change from the notes I usually get saying that "the dog has ate the homework".

Thanks,

Mr K

• Like 2

The plan is evolving nicely Andy, as Jints says some nice overgrown tracks will definitely add character & atmosphere.

PS remember when you are fed up of the layout by September, I have first dibs on the rat, cash waiting we can exchange at the Great Welsh Meet Up in November

Best regards

Craig

I reckon there are plans afoot to have a “time warp” curve at the far end end to join PYB & SMS !!!

Craig

post-9335-0-45830000-1534599841_thumb.jp

I reckon there are plans afoot to have a “time warp” curve at the far end end to join PYB & SMS !!!

Craig

Edited by muddys-blues

I like that Andy, and it has now got character because it is not all in a straight line, it's far more realistic.

Certainly should look well with overgrown tracks in 7mm!!!!

Jinty ;)

The plan is evolving nicely Andy, as Jints says some nice overgrown tracks will definitely add character & atmosphere.

PS remember when you are fed up of the layout by September, I have first dibs on the rat, cash waiting we can exchange at the Great Welsh Meet Up in November

Best regards

Craig

Cheers Guys, yes the curves tracks look so much better, and when walking in from the door it looks good.

And as for the Rat at the Great Welsh Meet Up in November :O , I've just bought a newer BIGGER Car to make room for the Welsh Rat and other Blue Stock to come back to middle England with me, BTW I will pay CASH. :sungum:

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/uploads/monthly_08_2018/post-9335-0-45830000-1534599841.jpg

Craig

Sorry mate, cant be done, at least not with 37's and 47's as the Shed is only 8.5ft wide, so a bit tight on the overhangs.

But the BONUS IS, I will have not one, but TWO totally different Layouts to play with. :sungum:

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Sorry mate, cant be done, at least not with 37's and 47's as the Shed is only 8.5ft wide, so a bit tight on the overhangs.

How about a motorised fiddle yard on bogies that swings round between the two ends? If each end was on separate tracks then it could be made to turn a right angle on the spot theoretically!

How about a motorised fiddle yard on bogies that swings round between the two ends? If each end was on separate tracks then it could be made to turn a right angle on the spot theoretically!

Come on, I cant even cut a bit of wood strait, let alone do anything technical, ahhaha :no:

• Like 1

Andy, with regards to the Great Welsh Meet Up there will be security searches and X-ray scans on entering & leaving the building.

Best regards

Craig

I'd better come in naked then! :nono:  :nono:  :nono:  :scared:  :scared:  :scared:  :scared:

Thanks Don, Yes I could reverse 21 X 16T Minerals over them with no issues, and no wheel drop in the V's, I enjoyed it, and could do about one point in an evening, so not to bad.

SMS is more about Play Value and somewhere to run noisy Locos.

Hi Andy,

I will look forward to this one now you're fully ensconced in the Big Boys scale.

BTW will you be issuing ear defenders to the neighbours ?  :jester:

Grahame

Come on, I cant even cut a bit of wood strait, let alone do anything technical, ahhaha :no:

Oh ! I think you need to wait at least three or four days minimum to allow all those layout support timbers to recuperate from having ALL the previous screws and nails removed.

Maybe Clive could come around with his previous medical knowledge and give them a once over medical just ensure they are up to it !

Dr. Kildare

• Like 2

Hi Andy,

I will look forward to this one now you're fully ensconced in the Big Boys scale.

BTW will you be issuing ear defenders to the neighbours ?  :jester:

Grahame

Naaa, Wack it up to MAX and let them enjoy it, hahah. :nono: 10 Locos ticking over, what is there NOT TO LIKE?

Oh ! I think you need to wait at least three or four days minimum to allow all those layout support timbers to recuperate from having ALL the previous screws and nails removed.

Maybe Clive could come around with his previous medical knowledge and give them a once over medical just ensure they are up to it !

Dr. Kildare

I'll tell you what Doc, when my mate Lee built the frames, he sure as heck made a cracking job of them, not a bit of movement.

BTW, In case anyone is wondering where he is now, he and his Wife have bought two Heavy Horses and Show them.

• Like 1

Just let the weather forecasters know mate just in case the neighbours think they got it wrong and complain about the THUNDER over Swadlincote !  :jester:

M.Fish

• RMweb Premium

I'll tell you what Doc, when my mate Lee built the frames, he sure as heck made a cracking job of them, not a bit of movement.

BTW, In case anyone is wondering where he is now, he and his Wife have bought two Heavy Horses and Show them.

So Lee is another 'orse widower and by the looks of things apprentice stable boy.....I know how he feels. :no2: :no2:

Got to be down the stables early tomorra cos we have company later in the day and Mrs M has to have her ride on the big one.

I think it’s been done, anyway. Can’t remember who, what, where, when, but it’s been on the exhibition circuit.

Quite by chance I was looking through some early S7 Group Newsletters this morning and there it was! Severn Mill was a layout by Peter Kibble that appeared at York in 1998 and, no doubt, elsewhere too at that time.

Dave

Quite by chance I was looking through some early S7 Group Newsletters this morning and there it was! Severn Mill was a layout by Peter Kibble that appeared at York in 1998 and, no doubt, elsewhere too at that time.

Dave

Thanks Dave, Spelt with an ''R'' as in River Severn, or as mine, like the number Seven?

So Lee is another 'orse widower and by the looks of things apprentice stable boy.....I know how he feels. :no2: :no2:

Got to be down the stables early tomorra cos we have company later in the day and Mrs M has to have her ride on the big one.

:nono:  :nono:  :nono:  :nono:  :nono:  :no:  :no:  :no: