Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

9 hours ago, Adrian Stevenson said:

The 37 looks great.

Just having a bacon sandwich to set me up for the show. See you later.

Cheers, Ade.

Haha, it was a good day and a good show mate, hope you enjoyed it too.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
On 11/05/2019 at 19:28, Clive Mortimore said:

Yes:yes: 

And No. :nono:

Mainly we would have to carry your train set up that hill after the show......you ain't going to get any expenses. :rtfm:

Serious head on I am on the committee but not the Showcase team. I will have a chat with them and introduce young Andrew to them. 

One of the good things about Swadlincote is that there is entry direct from the road at the same level ion you have the main hall and there is access from the 'back' for one of the other halls so, no need to carry everything up the hill if its done correctly.

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, PeterBB said:

One of the good things about Swadlincote is that there is entry direct from the road at the same level ion you have the main hall and there is access from the 'back' for one of the other halls so, no need to carry everything up the hill if its done correctly.

I think YOUNG Clive meant carry everything for the Layout up the hill to my humble abode, up Darklands Road and beyond.

I've never seen inside the said venue yet so I'm hoping to be amazed at what Swadlincote has to offer.

Good to see you at the Derby Show today Peter, I'm still waiting for you to buy me a coffee, haha.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
29 minutes ago, PeterBB said:

Hi Peter

As the old fella says it is getting the layout home, I ain't carrying up that hill. :nono: He is already moaning he has walk up it to get home when he visits this year.

• Funny 2

5 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Hi Peter

As the old fella says it is getting the layout home, I ain't carrying up that hill. :nono: He is already moaning he has walk up it to get home when he visits this year.

I got me a Bus Pass, but there all Parked up on the Bridge.:D

• Funny 5

Like the new back scene Andy ...the master artist strikes again really does changes the whole atmosphere of the layout . Very clever the way you have managed to make it appear that the ground is falling away from the track bed gives more depth to the whole scene.

Glad you enjoyed the Derby Show, I went on Saturday with the normal suspects and had a most enjoyable day. Still working on the signals on Chumley End and hope to show the results later this week ...I hope. 

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Thanks Martin and Kevin.

The other day I bought an ''OO'' Gauge Trackside Low Loader as I needed a Load for the Warwell on my ''OO'' Mason Street. The Lorry is of no use to me but the Load looks pretty good.

IMG_7750.JPG.8a54998f838eee1c175ed60ef59063db.JPG

IMG_7751.JPG.ea07d6154988e4f1baa1a0f76d8e1f6d.JPG

BUT as a bonus, it also looks quite good on the Hattons ''O'' Gauge MOD Warwell as well.

IMG_7752.JPG.fadfdf9c6ece26f1e080c84be1420bd8.JPGIMG_7752.JPG.fadfdf9c6ece26f1e080c84be1420bd8.JPG

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold

Hi Andy, I accidentally found a useful way of loading up a large number of photos without having to resize beforehand. Load up 3/4 photos in the post then before saving, refresh the page - that pointy arrow that nearly goes in a full circle at the top of the screen. I found it automatically reduces the photo size and then allows you to added more. Keep refreshing the page until it runs out of room or you've uploaded as many photos as you need, then save the post. Hope this makes sense.

• Informative/Useful 6

1 hour ago, georgeT said:

l thought my work bench was bad Hahahahaha

That's NOT a workbench under there mate, that's Seven Mills Sidings, :o,    I think.:pickeat:

Edited by Andrew P
add words
  • Like 1
  • Funny 6

As I've just said in Grundy Street, it needs a little work to tidy it up and also re weathering, i.e. why would the windows be dirty and the cab fronts clean? The windows would be the first thing to be cleaned. plus it needs some exhaust soot on the roof as per this example.

image.png.46fd0487c28c12cb32c285968025d1cf.png

Edited by Andrew P
add words

• RMweb Gold

Bit late for my time period (showing my age, I class 56 & 58 etc as ‘modern’)!  It’s very nice but leaves me confused: it’s not blue!

Paul.

P.S. I have learned something from that photo - I didn’t know 56 worked stone trains through Westbury.

Thanks.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 5BarVT said:

Bit late for my time period (showing my age, I class 56 & 58 etc as ‘modern’)!  It’s very nice but leaves me confused: it’s not blue!

Paul.

P.S. I have learned something from that photo - I didn’t know 56 worked stone trains through Westbury.

Thanks.

I saw a few passing through on the Kennett Line and through Newbury I also saw some pass Chichester with Stone when they were in Blue.