Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

On 02/08/2019 at 18:35, Andrew P said:

Just for YOU Paul, and any others that might like it.:good:

Andy

That's pretty amazing thank you.

Cant wait to get my hands on a  Heljan version now!

Paul R

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

28 minutes ago, pwr said:

Andy

That's pretty amazing thank you.

Cant wait to get my hands on a  Heljan version now!

Paul R

Yes Paul, the Heljan one should be superb.

• Agree 1

20 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Hi Al' I'm gutted that I shall miss your November Shin Dig as I'll be away on Holiday, but hopefully you and George T will post some nice pics somewhere for me to get excited over, and I can catch up with you again soon.

Thats a shame, think we have a couple of other bits in the pipeline to announce in due course. We've got our stand at Telford in a couple of weeks time if you're there. Not sure what we'll have with us yet mind. 

Al.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, D6775 said:

Thats a shame, think we have a couple of other bits in the pipeline to announce in due course. We've got our stand at Telford in a couple of weeks time if you're there. Not sure what we'll have with us yet mind. 

Al.

Yeah, not sure if I'll be at Telford or not this year Al.

10 minutes ago, Adrian Stevenson said:

Hi Andy, I am going to go to Telford on the Sunday after I get home from Egypt. You are most welcome to come with me.

Cheers, Ade.

Cheers Ade, Thanks very much, when do you go away, as I'll try and let you know before then?

24 minutes ago, Adrian Stevenson said:

We are off a week today!

24 minutes ago, Adrian Stevenson said:

We are off a week today!

I'm off to Portsmouth for my Grand Daughters Wedding next Friday morning for a long weekend, so I'll try and remember to ring you before then

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

A really good running session this morning, and also I decided to PART UN-WEATHER one of the Rats and the 47. I wanted dirt left where the wash plant wouldn't get to, although the roof of the Rat will need re doing next time I have the kit set up. 

I need to carefully re do around the numbers as I was afraid of lifting them off.

UDSCF2419.JPG.3d95ff7eb49bf0ca06b73bfb4e96da8d.JPG

UDSCF2418.JPG.7d6a686d5bfbeaa00d4e6ce36357982f.JPG

• Like 10

Andy what is it that you use as ballast "under" the ESSO oil wagon, it looks all dark and most suitable for a work yard.  I don't think it was painted after laying down.

I haven't read back to your track laying posts I just thought I'd ask.

That photo is quite evocative of a working subject, it looks grand.

cheers

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Barnaby said:

Andy what is it that you use as ballast "under" the ESSO oil wagon, it looks all dark and most suitable for a work yard.  I don't think it was painted after laying down.

cheers

Hi Barnaby,  Its quite a mix. Firstly I use Gaugemaster OO and a bit of N Ballast, and add some Woodlands Scenics Fine Ash into a mix.

Then I added some more W/S Fine Ash between the Tracks and as required to darken it but not to Black, which the Fine Ash would do if used on it's own.

The great thing with the Gaugemaster Ballast is that it's already 2 or 3 colours so it becomes less bland than just the normal one colour Ballast.

Hope that helps mate..

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 3

1 hour ago, Barnaby said:

cheers

Also, have a look at about half way down Page 80, where I describe how I did the Sidings, but if you substitute the Green flock for more Cinders its the same process.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Andrew P said:

A really good running session this morning, and also I decided to PART UN-WEATHER one of the Rats and the 47. I wanted dirt left where the wash plant wouldn't get to, although the roof of the Rat will need re doing next time I have the kit set up. 

I need to carefully re do around the numbers as I was afraid of lifting them off.

UDSCF2419.JPG.3d95ff7eb49bf0ca06b73bfb4e96da8d.JPG

UDSCF2418.JPG.7d6a686d5bfbeaa00d4e6ce36357982f.JPG

don't forget the bucket and broom to hand wash those yellow warning panels 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1