Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

9 hours ago, georgeT said:

A big thank you Andy for coming up to Manchester today with Jeff to paint the back scene on Marks layout it has made such a big difference,  thanks again buddy...

Thanks George, and thanks for numbering the Whistler and re doing the Duff. Pics of those two later.

But here is a pic of Marks Backscene, I'll put some more on his Layout thread later.IMG_9017.JPG.5553b31b032d3da0551f347ddc408db5.JPG

Edited by Andrew P
add?
  • Like 15

Every good Boys Day out should start with a good breakfast, and so here we are at Wetherspoons, William Wood VC in Hazel Grove.

Left to right, Ian, Mark and wife Helen, Cath, (George's BETTER half) George and  Jeff / Binny, luckily most of the empty breakfast plates had been cleared away.

IMG_9010.JPG.49b88226ba59df7dc3b0f726b8b787b9.JPG

Edited by Andrew P
add?
  • Like 7

4 minutes ago, Adrian Stevenson said:

Looks great!

Thanks Ade, it took a lot longer than expected and so I need to go back and finish the other half of the Layout at some point, PLUS re do some bits here that I'm not 100% happy with.

1 minute ago, Jintyman said:

I think you'll find the front half of the Traveller was worse than anything from Dagenham.

Jinty ;)

Yeah your right there Jints, the 1000 Pick Up I had was very draughty around the ankles, haha:yes:

• Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
12 minutes ago, Jintyman said:

I think you'll find the front half of the Traveller was worse than anything from Dagenham.

Jinty ;)

When I worked for the National Blood Service we use to do a lot of blood donor sessions in the various Ford factories and offices. When we were on their sites we would eat in their restaurants/canteens. The food was meant to be the same standard across the company, so a friend of mine who worked for Ford's told me. Well the food in the head office at Warley, Brentwood was wonderful, in the tractor factory at Basildon or the electrical plant at Ponders End good wholesome workers nosh..........the engine plant at Dagenham, I think the chips were fried in the same oil they put in the engines. 

• Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Yeah your right there Jints, the 1000 Pick Up I had was very draughty around the ankles, haha:yes:

The 1000 was OK, and was also drivable after someone side hit it and rolled it over, but the Herald was another story ... looks like you had a grand day out.

• Thanks 1

A 1000 Pick Up, 2 Scramble Bikes, and 5 Gallons of Petrol in cans, and a big tool box in the back, front wheels as light as a feather, worn track rod ends, lower King Pins shot, a draught up the right trouser leg, useless heater, AM Radio, made the Sunday drives from Portsmouth to Devon and back on old single carriageway A30 and 303 roads a complete nightmare.:o

Edited by Andrew P
add words
  • Friendly/supportive 2

18 minutes ago, PeterBB said:

The 1000 was OK, and was also drivable after someone side hit it and rolled it over, but the Herald was another story ... looks like you had a grand day out.

Hi Peter, Yes it was a great day out, but a bit knackering as Jeff and I had to move a load of stuff out of Mum's Bungalow on the way home. 2 x Beds, Wall units, Cooker and 3 piece suit etc.

• Friendly/supportive 3

7 minutes ago, georgeT said:

Those locos look the bizzzzzzz, when are you going to start the weathering project ?

PS. Most of my happiest memories were in my Moggy 1000 ? Hahahaha

Cheers mate, and you cant recline the seats In the Moggy Pick Ups, and the Mini Pick was even worse, :o:nono:haha.:D

I do need to make a start on the weathering, but I need some Data panels for the Duff and Whistler first.

• Like 1