Jump to content

Andrew P

Seven Mills Sidings

Recommended Posts

Good luck on your new venture

 

Possibly a new TOPS.... 70D, 70E or 70F ????

 

Jim

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Well good luck to you both with the house move to the sunny South coast, I'm aged about midpoint between you and Dee but my wife Di and me have decided to stay put hence my 20ft x 12ft man cave.  I must add that this was after the house was rewired, new toilet downstairs complete new bathroom upstairs, new kitchen, decorate all rooms tiling where necessary, new carpets throughout, new sofas and furniture in the front room and finally a new king sized bed in our room.   Also 2 bedrooms had fitted wardrobes installed too.

Unless I win big on the lottery we're staying put now

 

Make certain that your new house will be far enough away from and high enough up to be out of reach of the water as It can get wet and windy down there too according to TV land.

 

When do you expect to move, before Christmas '19?

 

Best

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Barnaby said:

Well good luck to you both with the house move to the sunny South coast, I'm aged about midpoint between you and Dee but my wife Di and me have decided to stay put hence my 20ft x 12ft man cave.  I must add that this was after the house was rewired, new toilet downstairs complete new bathroom upstairs, new kitchen, decorate all rooms tiling where necessary, new carpets throughout, new sofas and furniture in the front room and finally a new king sized bed in our room.   Also 2 bedrooms had fitted wardrobes installed too.

Unless I win big on the lottery we're staying put now

 

Make certain that your new house will be far enough away from and high enough up to be out of reach of the water as It can get wet and windy down there too according to TV land.

 

When do you expect to move, before Christmas '19?

 

Best

I know the area well, that's where we moved from in 2005. Our place here is all done up but Family comes first and so what must be will be.

 

We hope it will be before Christmas.

  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Andy, I will be sorry to see you go, but you are right that family must come first.

 

I will look forwards to your updates with all the new projects to come either in 7mm or OO.

 

Hopefully we might get to meet up at the odd show now and again in the New Year.

 

See you bright and earlier Sunday morning.

 

Cheers, Ade.

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Barnaby said:

Make certain that your new house will be far enough away from and high enough up to be out of reach of the water as It can get wet and windy down there too according to TV land.

 

Im still scarred from the climate growing up in Southampton. One year we had nearly 2 inches of snow and they had to shut the schools for 3 days!

 

ps Good luck with the move Andy!

Edited by Hal Nail
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sure I'll survive the Snow, we had a lot worse than that when I lived on Dartmoor, haha, 

 

Anyway, a pic for today.

XDSCF2956.JPG.06923831d00afbaf2a8dcc4ed3257768.JPG

  • Like 19

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All the best to you both for your move.

Hope all goes according to plan and look forward to seeing TOPS2.

 

Keep posting.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, KNP said:

All the best to you both for your move.

Hope all goes according to plan and look forward to seeing TOPS2.

 

Keep posting.

Thanks Kevin, I certainly hope I have room for another TOPS or at least a decent Garage / Workshop, I will need 17.5ft to get SMS in, but if I cant, then that will have to go as well.

 

In the meantime here is another pic from the collection.

XDSCF2991.JPG.dc645b4bc1d11aceeb64d5a2db52562c.JPG

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

 I will need 17.5ft to get SMS in

 

It would fit in Scott's (pitbull) shed Andy. Just saying!:wink_mini:

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Thanks Kevin, I certainly hope I have room for another TOPS or at least a decent Garage / Workshop, I will need 17.5ft to get SMS in, but if I cant, then that will have to go as well.

 

You've had SMS for 12 months now, that is practically retirement age for your layouts.

 

Might be easier to sell it on that move it south, keep the stock for your next project

  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

You've had SMS for 12 months now, that is practically retirement age for your layouts.

 

Might be easier to sell it on that move it south, keep the stock for your next project

Your right, but I will wait and see what property is available once this place is sold, it could be all over in 3 Months, or take 7 Months just to find a buyer like Mum's has done, and then another 3 Months for the Solicitors to sort out the paperwork.

 

I like SMS and it's good to operate, so keeping it is my preferred option at the moment.

 

If all I end up with is and 8ft Shed or Room, then all the 7MM will have to go.:cry::no2: I do have the use of one of my Son's Garage, it would take 4 Cars, but he only uses it for storage, and has said I can store some stuff in there until I'm sorted. (pity I cant take it over, then we would be talking a LAYOUT):good:

 

At the moment once New Mills has gone, then I will have room to move some stuff about and start to box everything up ready.

  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you end up only having a limited shed space then consider GAG - Garden and Garage or GAS/SAG - Garden and Shed/Shed and Garden

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Use of a son's garage to store the layout might be very handy while you get things shipshape in a new place.

 

Don

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Hal Nail said:

 

 One year we had nearly 2 inches of snow and they had to shut the schools for 3 days!

 

 

 

No, they did not. I lived through the winter of 62/63. Plenty of snow and ice for weeks but I don't think the school closed for a single day.

 

The buses could not get up the hill from Leatherhead so we often walked the last two miles home. One day, we got to the door to hear rainfall through the letterbox. A burst pipe. Whole ground floor affected apart from a small corner of the dining room where we huddled for the evening.

  • Friendly/supportive 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, Joseph_Pestell said:

 

No, they did not. I lived through the winter of 62/63. Plenty of snow and ice for weeks but I don't think the school closed for a single day.

 

The buses could not get up the hill from Leatherhead so we often walked the last two miles home. One day, we got to the door to hear rainfall through the letterbox. A burst pipe. Whole ground floor affected apart from a small corner of the dining room where we huddled for the evening.

 

No disrespect but I was referring to the great winters of the 80s! We definitely got some time off school because it was a bit slippery - my mocks got postponed one year and I’ve been a big fan of health and safety ever since. Anyway Leatherhead is the frozen north - you guys are made of sterner stuff!

 

Either way it was only a tongue in cheek response to the suggestion that the sunny south is in danger of washing away!

 

Edited by Hal Nail
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Time for the tea time pic today Guys;

XDSCF2958.JPG.3c81a2ee83d4d651feadd9d4f70934ef.JPG

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Always something fishy when I visit GeorgeT, and this time I came home with a Squid, really nicely weathered, just needs the Chains fitting, and then I need to weather my OAA's the same.

DSCF3098.JPG.b7a9e3f78f080cd070bbd353c899f840.JPG

 

DSCF3099.JPG.fbbd500d94be5838342a071939ce7f76.JPG

 

  • Like 13
  • Agree 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good luck with the move Hayling Island is nice   ,you will be only two hours away from Railex here in Aylesbury well worth a visit Sunday is best day thanks for the latest creation.  Chris

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, lmsforever said:

Good luck with the move Hayling Island is nice   ,you will be only two hours away from Railex here in Aylesbury well worth a visit Sunday is best day thanks for the latest creation.  Chris

Hi Chris, Knowing the Island well it's biggest problem is getting on and off in the summer, with just the one Bridge. But as you say, some nice property over there.

I used to go to Aylesbury for business meetings when living and working darn sarff .:good:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Andrew P said:

Always something fishy when I visit GeorgeT, and this time I came home with a Squid, really nicely weathered, just needs the Chains fitting, and then I need to weather my OAA's the same.

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/uploads/monthly_2019_08/DSCF3098.JPG.b7a9e3f78f080cd070bbd353c899f840.JPG

 

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/uploads/monthly_2019_08/DSCF3099.JPG.fbbd500d94be5838342a071939ce7f76.JPG

 

 

Another steal, hahaha nice picture buddy

  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just been chatting on the Old Dog and Bone to Martin / Gismorail, and arranging to meet up for coffee and cake at Telford on Sunday, so really looking forward to that.:good:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And tonight's bed time pic is this little beauty.

XDSCF2985.JPG.fe1a37fa26bced115951d92584460fb1.JPG

 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Andy,

Best of luck for the pending move. Hope it goes smooth and relatively quick. Also the great SMS accompanies you.

I have just had a Class 20 move in, direct from Wigan. Now to save up for a partner for it. Box or disc?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.