Seven Mills Sidings, from TOPS to the POD, Page 169 and Bench Road, Stabling and Fuelling Point from Page 245

Andrew P

Yes I do agree there is some very realistic weathering being made on 7mill Siding but there is one "blot on the landscape" that catches my eye every time, the bright fuel tank and bund at the rear of the layout.   it needs your dirty eye applying to it but I haven't followed every step of this build incase it's meant for milk or something similar.

Best

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

4 hours ago, Barnaby said:

Yes I do agree there is some very realistic weathering being made on 7mill Siding but there is one "blot on the landscape" that catches my eye every time, the bright fuel tank and bund at the rear of the layout.   it needs your dirty eye applying to it but I haven't followed every step of this build incase it's meant for milk or something similar.

Best

Your right about the Oil Bund, but at the moment I need to get the  enthusiasm to have a go at it. It will be done at some point.

• Friendly/supportive 1

25 minutes ago, pwr said:

Looking forward to this especially if the 56 is involved!

Paul R

I'm afraid it's not in these 4, it's mainly the 08, Rats, 37 and 40 I'm afraid, but if I do some more tomorrow, I promise to include the 56, and also the 47, as that hasn't seen much action of late either. Also who knows, the 2 x 20's might get a look in as well.:good:

• Thanks 1

That's great, Andy. Filling the blank at the front is making a big difference. Just some capping on the bridge abutments, and you're really getting there. Love the sound of that 08, it really takes me back. All the best for the house move etc. Trevor

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, shedman said:

That's great, Andy. Filling the blank at the front is making a big difference. Just some capping on the bridge abutments, and you're really getting there. Love the sound of that 08, it really takes me back. All the best for the house move etc. Trevor

5 minutes ago, shedman said:

Thanks Trevor, The Road Bridge will be built as a drop on unit either before we move or once settled, but at least the front will look better in pics and Videos once completed.

All my 5 large Plastic Scenic boxes and maybe some Stock, will be going South to one of my Sons for storage in his Garage on 3rd Oct, so no real work will be done after that.

• Friendly/supportive 2

On 19/09/2019 at 09:35, Barnaby said:

Best

Hi Barnaby, You will be pleased to see that this morning the Mojo has returned with a vengeance and the Oil Tank walling has been started, next job the Mortar and then the Tank it self.:good:

IMG_9491.JPG.432d26514347fac588c03a7c08c83ef3.JPG

IMG_9492.JPG.8774372b888f8bd7a23936fbbab92344.JPG

• Like 12

18 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Hi Barnaby, You will be pleased to see that this morning the Mojo has returned with a vengeance and the Oil Tank walling has been started, next job the Mortar and then the Tank it self.:good:

IMG_9491.JPG.432d26514347fac588c03a7c08c83ef3.JPG

IMG_9492.JPG.8774372b888f8bd7a23936fbbab92344.JPG

Blimey that must be some nasty paint you are using as the poor old workmen has had to wear a mask when nearby......

Always suspicious of what unmarked oil drums contain.....have they been checked? - are they safe to have in a confined area like TOPS? 

• Funny 2

6 minutes ago, KNP said:

Blimey that must be some nasty paint you are using as the poor old workmen has had to wear a mask when nearby......

Always suspicious of what unmarked oil drums contain.....have they been checked? - are they safe to have in a confined area like TOPS? 

I thinks the Drums should be red, but a Green Gunge seems to have contaminated them, and the land along the front of the Sidings now as well.

IMG_9488.JPG.abada58bbf9532ca702c45e14fcb530d.JPG

Still I'm told we should all go green:fie::yes:

• Like 17