Website troubles

DJM Dave

Hi everyone,

As you know the new web site went online this week with a myriad of problems that we had hoped to work through to get it sorted as we went.

However this has not been possible to do, and the web site will need to be down for maintenance sporadically from today until possibly Sunday of this weekend.

I can only apologise for this, but as you know due to the problems surfacing so far, it has all pretty much been beyond my control. But now we have a plan of action about just what needs doing, (and it's quite a list) this weekend will be busy, but hopefully cure it once and for all.

I appreciate your patience in this whole matter.

Many thanks

Dave

Can i suggest you adopt HTTPS whilst your doing this so the general site is also secure on relaunch and not just the payment portal.

Hmm. Wouldn't want to discourage casual visitors from seeing what Dave has to offer. I know it's not difficult to design the thing so that logging in is optional, but I can't really see much benefit in that.

- Michael

• RMweb Gold

Hmm. Wouldn't want to discourage casual visitors from seeing what Dave has to offer. I know it's not difficult to design the thing so that logging in is optional, but I can't really see much benefit in that.

Using HTTPS does not mean you have to login. It secures the transmission of the traffic between the site and the client by encryption at the transport layer. You also get certificate authentication so you know you are on the right site.

Getting this for password reset in Google Chrome and Internet Explorer.

@php do_action( 'woocommerce_resetpassword_form' ) ?>

{{ __( 'Save', 'woocommerce' ) }}

@php wp_nonce_field( 'reset_password' ) ?>

Edited by Hyper Aus

• RMweb Premium

The benefit is that it avoids well intentioned automatic warning messages from some browsers saying that the site is insecure. Such messages could put people off looking at the site.

Like RMWeb? :jester:

Keith

Hi everyone,

i'm delighted to say that the web site is now up and running.

Orders for the OO gauge APT, N gauge APT (expression of interest) King and Class 92's are there for customers to order.

It is SSL certificated and the payment option to start with is Stripe, and is secure, however the site will also feature Lloyds click safe in a few weeks as this takes a little time for Lloyds to review the site, check it, issue the link software, and integrate it, plus checks. 

You will then have a choice of how you pay if you want it?

Pages are still missing detail and pictures and i will be filling these in over the coming weeks.

E-mails will start going to all customers / expressions of interest etc today, notifying them of the situation and the new web  site.

Cheers

Dave

• Like 4

Hi everyone,

i'm delighted to say that the web site is now up and running.

Orders for the OO gauge APT, N gauge APT (expression of interest) King and Class 92's are there for customers to order.

It is SSL certificated and the payment option to start with is Stripe, and is secure, however the site will also feature Lloyds click safe in a few weeks as this takes a little time for Lloyds to review the site, check it, issue the link software, and integrate it, plus checks. 

You will then have a choice of how you pay if you want it?

Pages are still missing detail and pictures and i will be filling these in over the coming weeks.

E-mails will start going to all customers / expressions of interest etc today, notifying them of the situation and the new web  site.

Cheers

Dave

That's great news, Dave. Congratulations on your tenacity!

- Michael

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

A few of those buttons are still hiding until you move your mouse across them:

The 'Log In' button for the account log in.

The 'Save address' button for when you update / create billing / delivery addresses.

Using: Chrome Version 69.0.3497.100 (Official Build) (32-bit)

• AY Mod locked this topic