ON SHED Bookazine

APOLLO

I saw this today in W H Smiths, No 2, London Midland Region - Western (North) & Midland lines.£7.99 - 96 pages.

https://shop.kelsey.co.uk/category/BOOK/TN  (click on the Books / Trains / on shed tag)

For me this is a a first class production, very well illustrated, with potted history, allocations etc, mainly in colour with some pull out pages, plans etc. Better than most other Bookazines I've seen lately.

Most content is early blue / green (1968 on) with some earlier photos with steam / diesel shots - a must for modellers of this era. Lots of large colour photos (of mucky diesels !!), and some rare shots of soon to be closed sheds after steam finished. It's in a shed division chapter format - starting with D10 preston division, working south from Carlisle, then on to LMR divisions in the Midlands (D14 London, , D15 Leicester & D16 Toton etc).

There is some interesting stuff at the end re proposed but never built diesel sheds etc.

I have just ordered by post from the above link Vol 1 LM south and Vol 3 eastern region south - both £7.99 post paid from Kelsey, and am looking forward to receiving them.

Brit15

Edited by APOLLO
  • Like 1