Modelmaster waterslide declas bigger than Bachman can numbers?

sn

Just started to renumber a Bachman 'Crab' only to realise that the nearest size of the Modelmaster waterslide numbers (G201 set) are actually bigger than the numbers on the loco provided by Bachman. They appear, to my eye, to be the larger cabside Scottish region numbers that I think Scottish region locos ran with for a while . Any thoughts from anyone on this?

Len

Always used HMRS Pressfix transfers for renumbering BR Steam locos  https://hmrs.org.uk/transfers/br-steam-era-loco-and-coach-insignia-150403.html which are a bargain at the price asked for once you consider what you get compared with the like of Modelmaster and Fox. Size seems okay to me but often the colour does not match so once applied I lightly dab on them with a fine permanent marker of approximately the right shade from a good stationers / art shop

Edited by Butler Henderson

I have the same sheet and the bulk of the numbers work out at 10" so yes for some Scottish numbers, also some applied by Darlington too, I think.

The three rows to the bottom left corner are nearer the standard 8" numerals.

HTH

Edited by Carnforth

I have two different sheets of Modelmaster decals for Engineering Wagons. On one everything is the correct size, on the other everything is oversize. Sounds like a case of poor quality control somewhere in the process. I have used Cambridge Custom transfers instead. Just a shame HMRS don't do them in Pressfix.

Edited by Killybegs

• 2 weeks later...

Personally I wouldn't buy anything from Modelmaster again.  Their website said that payment for my order was received on 31st January, "processing in progress" on 2 February and delivered on 19th August.  Which it wasn't and still hasn't been delivered.  And I've not had a response to my email asking what's happening.

My advice is to avoid like the plague.

I have been renumbering some Bachmann A4s. The early BR models have 12 inch / 4mm high numbers. The middle aged ones are I guess 10 inch high.  I have one body shell where the numbers are even smaller - maybe 8 inch.

I have used Pressfix numbers - I think Sheet No.14 has just been reprinted. More recently I have used some RailTec waterslide transfers which I am well pleased with.  Yes the colours are all slightly different.  Either I erase the whole number or on occasions I have only erased the numeral(s) that needed changing but have then overwritten the whole number using the transfers.

Ray

44050662512_34dc2a578a_b.jpg
All new RailTec Cabside numbers - KingsX plates - Springbok and cabside crests from Fox

• RMweb Premium

Personally I wouldn't buy anything from Modelmaster again.  Their website said that payment for my order was received on 31st January, "processing in progress" on 2 February and delivered on 19th August.  Which it wasn't and still hasn't been delivered.  And I've not had a response to my email asking what's happening.

My advice is to avoid like the plague.

I wouldn't be so rash. He's a good bloke, very fair, and says openly on the website that he doesn't answer emails. He'll chat your ear off if you ring him, and find you a solution.