George Orwell and Collett coach underframes

Correct me if I am wrong on this, but Collett coaches appeared to have two sets of truss rods, whereas Hawksworth coaches seem to have four. Why would this be? Were Hawksworths so much heavier, longer, or what else could be the reason for this? What would the sheep say in Animal Farm?

Correct me if I am wrong on this, but Collett coaches appeared to have two sets of truss rods, whereas Hawksworth coaches seem to have four. Why would this be? Were Hawksworths so much heavier, longer, or what else could be the reason for this? What would the sheep say in Animal Farm?

It depends on the diagram. The Hornby 1925 only have two sets but other Collett diagrams such as South Wales Stock and 1929 stock have four, though the extra length may be the reason.

Mike Wiltshire

It depends on the diagram. The Hornby 1925 only have two sets but other Collett diagrams such as South Wales Stock and 1929 stock have four, though the extra length may be the reason.Mike Wiltshire

Cheers, that helps. Where do you get your underframe info from: I have found it difficult to source.e Edited by 88D