We will Have our new plate with us at the show

GWR/BR 705 for the Hattons Model

SR/BR All smokebox No's for the B4 & P Class's

& all the Names for the Lord Nelson Class

LNER/BR All smokebox No's for the upcoming Hornby J15 & J36 

Edited by 247 Developments
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Personally I think the 'Germans' are inappropriate to the event, but I would like to see Ivan's P4 models.

Our test track has four P4 circuits and one 00/H0 so anything that visitors might like to run will be welcome whether in P4 or 00/H0!

Edited by Re6/6

• RMweb Gold

Our test track has four P4 circuits and one 00 so anything that visitors might like to run will be welcome whether in P4 or 00!

We can even do P87, as long as you temper your aspirations with regard to getting over the pointwork without derailing.

• RMweb Gold

We can even do P87, as long as you temper your aspirations with regard to getting over the pointwork without derailing.

There are two straight lengths of 5 metres with no pointwork so P87 locos can stretch their legs!

Here are some pictures of some of the layouts that will be in attendance at Scaleforum:

post-7769-0-54480100-1535819567_thumb.jpg

Brunswick Yard by Pete Degnan is a fictitious location somewhere in the Midlands around 2010 to the current day depicting a wagon repair depot a small maintenance depot. The layout at the moment is still a work in progress project and when fully built will have a 3ft fiddle yard on each end. The stock being assembled for the layout roster will consist mainly of DRS, GBRF and Network Rail examples.

post-7769-0-87984800-1535819596_thumb.jpg

Kerrinhead by Gavin Clark. Fictitious ex Lancashire and Yorkshire branch line set in the mid 1920s and located in the hills between Yorkshire and Lancashire.

post-7769-0-81904900-1535819913_thumb.jpg

Flintfield. The much admired GER branch line terminus built by Vincent de Bode returns to Scaleforum. Pre grouping Great eastern in all its glory

Edited by Portchullin Tatty
  • Like 7

Our test track has four P4 circuits and one 00/H0 so anything that visitors might like to run will be welcome whether in P4 or 00/H0!

So I could bring my Roco N&W Mallet then?  (Not DCC BTW.)

A bit of light relief from the Plain and Simple Chassis Construction Demo bench.

I can only do plain and simple 'cos that's how I am........................

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

So I could bring my Roco N&W Mallet then?  (Not DCC BTW.)

A bit of light relief from the Plain and Simple Chassis Construction Demo bench.

I can only do plain and simple 'cos that's how I am........................

As long as it runs on 16.5mm or 18.83mm (approx) gauge track, you will be able to run it.

If it's of a different gauge to the above and you haven't brought your own track, then we will be able to admire it over a hot beverage.

Originally posted on Scalefour forum:
I will be at Scaleforum for both days and will be staying in Aylesbury on the Saturday night. It would be nice to tap into the social side of the show as I will be there on my own. I would be grateful to hear from anyone in a similar situation who fancies a chat over a pint and/or meal.

Chris
Edited by chrisf

Even though it's still well over a week away I am trying to sort out what tools, bits etc. to bring for my chassis demo.  Going by the list I've made I might as well just pack up the whole contents of my modelling room and bring that!

The exercise has at the very least made me tidy up a lot of accumulated rubbish - and I've found a few things in the process that I'd lost/misplaced/forgotten about!

And still can't find a few others..................................

• Like 1

Even though it's still well over a week away I am trying to sort out what tools, bits etc. to bring for my chassis demo.  Going by the list I've made I might as well just pack up the whole contents of my modelling room and bring that!

The exercise has at the very least made me tidy up a lot of accumulated rubbish - and I've found a few things in the process that I'd lost/misplaced/forgotten about!

And still can't find a few others..................................

A couple of bottles of water and some throat lozenges...

When I've demoed previously at Scaleforum or Scalefour, I scarcely touched a tool, and spent my whole time talking.  Of course, the one tool that someone specifically asks about will be the one that you decidied to leave on the workbench at home...

Enjoy the weekend, and I'm sure that I'll see you there :-)

Cheers

Flymo

The Scalefour Society is delighted to announce that Exactoscale will be a trader at this year's Scaleforum show on 22 & 23 September.

Exactoscale Products is not a company but an informal cooperative group of modellers who will supply components to the modelling community.  At Scaleforum, they have been given a small space to launch Exactoscale Products and explain their future plans.

Exactoscale will make sales (cash only) of P4 carriage and wagon wheels together with a limited selection of items from the range of track products.

Exactoscale do not envisage normally having an Exactoscale Products stand at exhibitions.so this represents a possible one-off opportunity to acquire material and have a conversation about the range.

After Scaleforum, wheels will be available from early October from Scalefour and EMGS Stores only,  Timescales for bearings and back-to-back gauges are not yet clear but these
are an important part of the range and will be made  available as soon as possible.
4mm scale products will be available from the Scalefour and EMGS stores and 7mm
scale products will be available from the Scale 7 Group stores.

Updates on the process of getting Exactoscale Products up and running will be posted on the Scalefour Society’s webforum and, in the next Scalefour News and EMGS Newsletter.

Yet another reason to visit Scaleforum.  We look forward to seeing you there!

https://www.scalefour.org/scaleforum/2018/

Cheers

Paul Willis

Scalefour Society Deputy Chairman

I don't appear on the list of Demonstrators - but, as it stands and some Omnipotent Being willing - I'll be there!

Water bottle and peppermints close to hand..........

Hi Paul,

You are most certainly in there!  Have a look on page 11 of https://www.scalefour.org/downloads/2018/scaleforum2018guide.pdf

"Paul has been modelling to P4 standards for many years and will be showing his approach to chassis construction; a pragmatic one which draws on the principles put forward many years ago by Mike Sharman. Paul will be showing how, using readilyavailable components, an absolute beginner in P4 can complete a running locomotive chassis in a reasonable time."

Sounds perfect - Pragmatic P4...

Cheers

Flymo

• Like 2

Hi Paul,

You are most certainly in there!  Have a look on page 11 of https://www.scalefour.org/downloads/2018/scaleforum2018guide.pdf

"Paul has been modelling to P4 standards for many years and will be showing his approach to chassis construction; a pragmatic one which draws on the principles put forward many years ago by Mike Sharman. Paul will be showing how, using readilyavailable components, an absolute beginner in P4 can complete a running locomotive chassis in a reasonable time."

Sounds perfect - Pragmatic P4...

Cheers

Flymo

Yes, I know I'm in the guide but I'm not mentioned on the webpage linked in post 22 above.

The words in the guide are Terry's.  I'm just going to sit and chat about being plain and simple - which shouldn't be to difficult seeing as how I've had a lifetime's experience.

BTW - how long is 'a reasonable time'?