SCALEFORUM 2018

Decapod

Looking forward to the show, although I still need to work out what what I am going to take with me.  Probably another batch of CDAs to improve...

Its been a while since I last made it, so will be good to catch up with people (and of course finally buy a set of rolling bars.)

I will be on the DEMU stand on Saturday.

Can't believe how much I am taking!  I reckon I'm prepared for all eventualities but even then someone will probably ask me something I can't give/show an answer to. :scratchhead:

Can't believe how much I am taking!  I reckon I'm prepared for all eventualities but even then someone will probably ask me something I can't give/show an answer to. :scratchhead:

Such as what is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow? Or what is your favourite colour? :onthequiet:

• RMweb Gold

Such as what is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow? Or what is your favourite colour? :onthequiet:

African or European ?

Edit to add -  What day are you there Ruston ? I'm heading over on Sunday midday(ish)

Edited by chris p bacon

Have a great time. It's a bit far for me to just drop over. Horse if there's a finney A1 on the bring and buy drop me a line...or anything else you know I would like.

If I could afford it I think I would make it every year or 2 but the air fare and school fees put paid to that... just wish Australia was a bit closer.... how about moving scalefour to HongKong, Singapore, Dubai or Bangkok? That would work for me!

Have a great time. It's a bit far for me to just drop over. Horse if there's a finney A1 on the bring and buy drop me a line...or anything else you know I would like.

If I could afford it I think I would make it every year or 2 but the air fare and school fees put paid to that... just wish Australia was a bit closer.... how about moving scalefour to HongKong, Singapore, Dubai or Bangkok? That would work for me!

Scaleforum world tour... Suggest it to the new exhibition manager ;-) layout challenge being overhead luggage space layouts... Imagine the airport security with all those hand built and soldered items..

Scaleforum world tour... Suggest it to the new exhibition manager ;-) layout challenge being overhead luggage space layouts... Imagine the airport security with all those hand built and soldered items..

Having once brought nine coaches and a loco over for a show in the UK as hand luggage, I can confirm that it sends security in panic mode. Every item had to be unboxed and inspected

Well that was a relatively quiet Saturday. Managed 64mpg in the diesel. Some interesting products seen, including a GCR 9P.....

post-6879-0-19358600-1537643245_thumb.jpg

Couple of bargains in the Bring 'n Buy, which is accepting card payments courtesy of PayPal wireless. Emphasis seems to be on trade rather than layouts this year.

Meanwhile, the rain came down.

Edited by Horsetan

• RMweb Gold

Was surprised that it was so quiet today, but still had a great time. Good to catch up with a lot of people I haven’t seen in years.

A little annoyed to have missed the mad rush on GW models rollers in the first 2 hours of the show. An hour searching for a cashpoint followed by my first hour on the DEMU stand and Gw Models had sold out before I could get there! Equally low luck on the bring and buy front, but fulfilled the rest of my shopping list at least.

Cannot wait for next year and a chance to see Balcome

Was surprised that it was so quiet today....

To be honest, I think this might have been hinted at in the programme, which was slightly* light on big layouts.

On the other hand, Howard Bolton's all-singing, all-dancing lever and interlocking frame demos plus working point rodding runs were totally mad genius. That massive frame he had on his table was like some sort of bravura performance; a lot of solder went into that.

post-6879-0-31384300-1537645639_thumb.jpg

....A little annoyed to have missed the mad rush on GW models rollers in the first 2 hours of the show. An hour searching for a cashpoint ....

He does take cheques, you know.

Edited by Horsetan

• RMweb Premium

I got there early afternoon, preferred it to last years show. Nice selection of layouts which all were working well, and a good cross section of trade. Impression was it was attended by punters.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Excellent exhibition, with the B&B being kind to me.  I did think it was a bit light on layouts this year (there was a large area adjacent to the test track that seemed somewhat spare) though for me the range and talent of the demonstrators made up for it.  Thumbs up :)

A good show, I enjoyed it. I did think, though, that the hall was laid out in a very untidy fashion and there were clear spaces available for further layouts. As to trade it was good but I could have done with a quality scenic supplier and why on Earth were Cheltenham invited? Even if you think a box shifter is appropriate for Scaleforum there are much, much better than they.

A good show, I enjoyed it. I did think, though, that the hall was laid out in a very untidy fashion and there were clear spaces available for further layouts. As to trade it was good but I could have done with a quality scenic supplier and why on Earth were Cheltenham invited? Even if you think a box shifter is appropriate for Scaleforum there are much, much better than they.

Did you make your thoughts known to the organisers at the show?

P

Well that was a relatively quiet Saturday. Managed 64mpg in the diesel. Some interesting products seen, including a GCR 9P.....

IMG_20180922_150902.jpg

Couple of bargains in the Bring 'n Buy, which is accepting card payments courtesy of PayPal wireless. Emphasis seems to be on trade rather than layouts this year.

Meanwhile, the rain came down.

And who was showing the GCR 9P then please?

Wibbling furiously...