On 22/01/2019 at 21:23, Phil Bullock said:

The UKF PWAs appeared 68 - many thanks Paul

https://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/ukfvan

There was an Ince and Elton to Plymouth - 6V35 and back from Bridgewater - 6M54 in the 71/72 wtt.

The earliest evidence I can find of the UKF PWAs on these workings is 1974....https://www.rcts.org.uk/features/querycorner/page.htm?id=query/Q16.04 - photos seem rare!

So can anyone advise please when the PWAs appeared - and what was used on this traffic before their appearance ? Was it vent vans?

Many thanks in advance

Phil

Looking at the PWAs on Paul's site, if you go to page 4 there are some with a blue star-like symbols at the right side. This is described as the UKF symbol, but is identical to the Royal Bank of Scotland symbol. I was wondering what the connection is?

For comparison, the bank symbol can be seen here.

13 minutes ago, F2Andy said:

Looking at the PWAs on Paul's site, if you go to page 4 there are some with a blue star-like symbols at the right side. This is described as the UKF symbol, but is identical to the Royal Bank of Scotland symbol. I was wondering what the connection is?

For comparison, the bank symbol can be seen here.

Was it due to the leasing arrangements?

Some of the other wagons, with the LS number prefix, have the Lloyds bank horse and a thistle in a similar position and I believe LS stands for Lloyds and Scottish.

1 minute ago, giz said:

Was it due to the leasing arrangements?

Some of the other wagons, with the LS number prefix, have the Lloyds bank horse and a thistle in a similar position and I believe LS stands for Lloyds and Scottish.

I know they were leased by Lloyds and Scottish, but I am not aware of any connection from them to Royal bank of Scotland.

2 minutes ago, F2Andy said:

I know they were leased by Lloyds and Scottish, but I am not aware of any connection from them to Royal bank of Scotland.

It's definitely the RBS symbol though, isn't it. Some of the same batch seem to have the Procor symbol there instead.