The bus broken down on the bridge....

Red Devil

Or what to do with a donkeys years old Anbrico Regent III Roe kit. Most of the bus kits I tend to build end up motorised but quite simply this hunk of white metal is a non starter for that.

So a bit of sawing, filing and soldering later it now sports a Britbus chassis with a representative engine lump with the bonnet in an open position, most likely I will possibly fit a steam/smoke generator as a bit of a gimmick/cameo, possibly not for the purist but hopefully will entertain non enthusiast punters at exhibitions.

Much still to do inc sorting correct Sheffield style destination apertures and re instating various beadings etc.

Overall for an eight quid purchase I'm quite happy with it and it's not just a generic diecast. 

post-7067-0-65962800-1534971064_thumb.jpg

post-7067-0-19066500-1534971090_thumb.jpg

• Like 13
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

Not just a London thing, this has been common practice in the north east for as long as I can remember. 

Or what to do with a donkeys years old Anbrico Regent III Roe kit. Most of the bus kits I tend to build end up motorised but quite simply this hunk of white metal is a non starter for that.

So a bit of sawing, filing and soldering later it now sports a Britbus chassis with a representative engine lump with the bonnet in an open position, most likely I will possibly fit a steam/smoke generator as a bit of a gimmick/cameo, possibly not for the purist but hopefully will entertain non enthusiast punters at exhibitions.

Much still to do inc sorting correct Sheffield style destination apertures and re instating various beadings etc.

Overall for an eight quid purchase I'm quite happy with it and it's not just a generic diecast. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

A bit of work done to this recently, window vents and fuel filler altered to prototype Sheffield position and styles, after first coat of primer beadings etc MEKed to the paint then over primered,

on lower deck, 'shelf' for destination panel filed into white metal so when fitted the destination blinds aren't flush with the panel but slightly recessed.

Next up get busy on the upperdeck along the same lines, beadings and panel lines etc.

Remaining bit of bonnet fitted and chassis now ready for spraying. Lower deck obviously had first coat of Sheffield cream, overall I'm enjoying messing with this 30 year old (plus?) dinosaur, something good about doing a full refurb to a hunk of white metal! 

post-7067-0-11117800-1536945143_thumb.jpg

post-7067-0-70753900-1536945158_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 14/09/2018 at 18:13, Red Devil said:

A bit of work done to this recently, window vents and fuel filler altered to prototype Sheffield position and styles, after first coat of primer beadings etc MEKed to the paint then over primered,

on lower deck, 'shelf' for destination panel filed into white metal so when fitted the destination blinds aren't flush with the panel but slightly recessed.

Next up get busy on the upperdeck along the same lines, beadings and panel lines etc.

Remaining bit of bonnet fitted and chassis now ready for spraying. Lower deck obviously had first coat of Sheffield cream, overall I'm enjoying messing with this 30 year old (plus?) dinosaur, something good about doing a full refurb to a hunk of white metal! 

post-7067-0-11117800-1536945143_thumb.jpg

post-7067-0-70753900-1536945158_thumb.jpg

Hi Mark,

I have to ask what paint are you using for the Sheffield Corporation Transport Cream???

Am now in receipt of all the bits for my overheads and the tram is long overdue a re-paint.

SAD:(

19 hours ago, salmonpastures said:

Hi Mark,

I have to ask what paint are you using for the Sheffield Corporation Transport Cream???

Am now in receipt of all the bits for my overheads and the tram is long overdue a re-paint.

Hi mate, tend to use Ford Ivory and Ford Ontario Blue rattle cans, if yo're brush  painting both cream and blue are available from Precision....

Looking forward to the overhead questions!

• Like 1

Thanks for that Mark,

It will have to be brushed as I don't fancy masking all the windows out for a rattle can!!!

The trolley pole has arrived,,,mmm,,, I'm glad I did not go for the kit!!!!

As mentioned before all the other bits have arrived and are sitting there waiting to go!!!

Am off to Stevenage show tomorrow and will get some more bits,, solder paint,, new Antex tip etc  from Eileen's and intend to crack on with the overheads next week,,,, keep yourself free for a couple of hours most evenings!!!! 

Happy New Year,,,

• Like 1

On 25/09/2018 at 00:24, RThompson said:
On 23/08/2018 at 16:55, northernblue109 said:

Not just a London thing, this has been common practice in the north east for as long as I can remember.

Unfortunately modern bus seats do not allow you to remove the bases unless you have a screw driver.

Modern buses also now have hazard warning lights. The seat cushion was to indicate to the driver behind not to pull up too close as the buggered one in front weren't going anywhere anytime soon.

• RMweb Premium
16 minutes ago, kevblokey said:

Modern buses also now have hazard warning lights. The seat cushion was to indicate to the driver behind not to pull up too close as the buggered one in front weren't going anywhere anytime soon.

Usually open the engine cover these days (all modern buses being rear-engined)