4 hours ago, kandc_au said:

Tom,

Another option is to lower Cwm Prysor......climb to Capel Celyn on the opposite side and climb to Bala above Cwm Prysor :)

Khris
I had better hide!

Nice, but I think I would prefer to save for a second shed and model Trawsfynydd when the time is right! :)

• Like 2
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Evening all! Back from an enjoyable day operating Phil Greaves's Ellesmere (apologise in advance of any of the operating cock ups I made!)

Question for anyone who might be able to help. I've found out today that Cambrian have discontinued the Herring (GWR Ballast C110) kit. I have three but could do with another 3. If anyone wants to offload any, please let me know. I'll need them for Arenig Ballast trains.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, 9793 said:

Evening all! Back from an enjoyable day operating Phil Greaves's Ellesmere (apologise in advance of any of the operating cock ups I made!)

Question for anyone who might be able to help. I've found out today that Cambrian have discontinued the Herring (GWR Ballast C110) kit. I have three but could do with another 3. If anyone wants to offload any, please let me know. I'll need them for Arenig Ballast trains.

There may be an etched kit for the P22 available towards the end of this year.

Gordon A

• Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
59 minutes ago, 9793 said:

Are you intending to cut down the mightiest tree in the forest?

https://youtu.be/TQQ32lEqCS0

• Funny 2

59 minutes ago, 9793 said:

As my local stockist for Cambrian kits now appears to be on the far(ish) side of the neighbouring county, I've been picking some up (new) on eBay. If I see any Herrings will drop you a message with the relevant link.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dseagull said:

As my local stockist for Cambrian kits now appears to be on the far(ish) side of the neighbouring county, I've been picking some up (new) on eBay. If I see any Herrings will drop you a message with the relevant link.

Much appreciated!
Intrigued if another kit is going to be produced though! :)

Now I can use an interpretation of Arenig (off scene), they are rather important when showing Herrings being transported from Arenig to Bala, and onwards towards either Ruabon, Barmouth or the Coast. Arenig produced ballast for the entire Shrewsbury District of the Western Region.

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, 9793 said:

Much appreciated!
Intrigued if another kit is going to be produced though! :)

Now I can use an interpretation of Arenig (off scene), they are rather important when showing Herrings being transported from Arenig to Bala, and onwards towards either Ruabon, Barmouth or the Coast. Arenig produced ballast for the entire Shrewsbury District of the Western Region.

Coals to Newcastle next...

• Funny 4

Really do not understand what is happening with Cambrian Kits. If their intention is to build stocks up to be able to despatch orders by return, then looking at what is available on their website, this would seem far from the case as an awful lot of items are out of stock and have been for some time. Some of these I would have thought are / were good sellers and the Herring was a relatively new mould.

Ho hum, hopefully not another Coopercraft, Ian Kirk style loss of rolling stock!

I was looking at H & A Models stand yesterday and they seemed to have plenty of Cambrian stock with the new labels on  - certainly everything I was looking for.  It may be he's not updating the website or is less interested in selling direct.   My contact at Peter's Spares said he's fulfilling orders and there weren't any problems.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

Thanks for the info Jonathan on availability of Cambrian Kits, it would appear that I’ve done them an injustice for which I apologise. Being in the Antipodes, I always used to order directly from the source.

I don’t want to detract from what is a great thread by Tom, it’s already increased the sales of ‘The Bala Branch’ by one.

From what I gather there are issues with the kit breaking in production so it’s been withdrawn for the time being.

I’ve got 3 I suppose which can be run when built, but another 3 at least would be ideal.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, 9793 said:

I’ve got 3 I suppose which can be run when built, but another 3 at least would be ideal.

My plan is to make do with either some Hornby Trout and/or Heljan Dogfish, until the kits are available again, assuming they aren't reissued before I really need them.

On the other hand, it does rather look as if the Herring would be a popular choice for a quality RTR production. Not sure where such a wagon currently stands in the 'wish lists'.

• Agree 1

The Accurascale announcements today are no use to me - as a modeller interested in the Western region, 1958-66. But they do suggest that maybe a new business model is emerging in which knowledgeable 'enthusiasts' drive the products produced, to a high degree of accuracy. So I wish that a similar enterprise focused on GWR/WR would emerge. One that would systematically address the interests (and 'wishlists') of GWR/WR modellers. And of course the same business model could apply to any field of interest - LMS/NE/Scotland - the only limitation being the likely market. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, kandc_au said:

Tom,
I'm having withdrawal symptoms!
You gone on strike? :jester:

Khris

Nothing to report really. Clearing the shed ready for Bala boards in a few months and some tweaks to the Bala plan.

Also feel I've been posting a little frequently of late. Best to post when I have to something to say.

• Friendly/supportive 9