Tom,

Some way back, there was discussion about post and wire fencing. I'm not sure if you finally resolved this question, but it might be worth taking a look at Fen End Pit's latest post in his blog, if you haven't already seen it.

Dave.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

11 hours ago, 9793 said:

Cheers Rob

No weathering as such, I’m just messing around with this Bachmann PO and looking to turn it into a Ex LMS version.

8F8076FC-A60C-4C76-AEE0-669BFB664311.jpeg.3c11385c263c8fd16db9d1244b0f2e1d.jpeg

Tom,

There is an annoying bit of planking 'groove' missing on the side next to the diagonal strapping - easy to carve out but also easy to forget!

Tony

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
22 minutes ago, Rail-Online said:

Tom,

There is an annoying bit of planking 'groove' missing on the side next to the diagonal strapping - easy to carve out but also easy to forget!

Tony

Interesting. So is that a Bachmann moulding error then?

4 hours ago, Rail-Online said:

Tom,

Tony

Ah yes, I see it now. I admit it's not something I'd paid any attention to on the previous two I've done, so I'm happy to plead ignorance. As I've mentioned before, there are things I'm happy to overlook, and other areas I will address. My main focus is that there is a coherent style to everything.

Edited by 9793
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, jwealleans said:

A great many LMS RCH 7 planks had two commode handles on the end door - I can't recall whether Geoff covers that, but I'm almost sure it's in the LMS Wagons volume which covers them.

Just another detail you might consider.

Ah yes I'd noticed them in the Essery book, but interestingly they aren't visible in two BR examples in Geoff Kent's book.... on that reckoning I may leave them out.

4 hours ago, Dave Holt said:

Tom,

Some way back, there was discussion about post and wire fencing. I'm not sure if you finally resolved this question, but it might be worth taking a look at Fen End Pit's latest post in his blog, if you haven't already seen it.

Dave.

Hi Dave

I've decided I will be adding the wire...but for the moment I've hung fire on work on Cwm Prysor. I need to move Cwm Prysor back onto the other side of the shed....ironically where it started off. Why? Well....it's a case of should I wish to extend the layout and do something else with it in the future... Cwm Prysor must be on the other side of the shed. What that may be, isn't worth going into at this present time, I'd have to be very financially secure. Hopefully now my new weathering business is set up, that is a possibility. 

However the job needs to be done now rather than later, so until Cwm Prysor is moved when a friend visits in two week, I've halted work on the layout. The Bala boards should hopefully be arriving May/June....by which time the majority of Cwm Prysor should be completed.

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

5 minutes ago, Pteremy said:

I was going to draw your attention to the Fen End Pit Blog - the laser cut post approach look like a good money spinner for someone!

I’ll take a look after tea Pteremy! Sounds intriguing :)

Nothing much to report at the moment! Having a few days off while I'm not teaching, and before I start commission weathering work next week. However, a week today I pick up the Cwm Prysor crossing keepers house, along with some PW huts and out houses! 

Exciting times!

DSC04627.jpg.227ebfb3ef1f385ecfb8bcf256f08cfb.jpg

• Like 13

58 minutes ago, Worsdell forever said:

You have no choice but lovely walks where you live...

Anyway, well done and hope to see you at the weekend. 

Thanks Paul, I'll be there on Monday stewarding.

Fantastic news on the weight loss and beating diabetes, Tom. That's so good to hear.

I love that photograph of the Cwm Prysor crossing keepers house. The palette of colours in that view are serene. The sky runs from gold to lilac and the golden light is taken up by the foreground grasses. Magical.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Martin S-C said:

Fantastic news on the weight loss and beating diabetes, Tom. That's so good to hear.

I love that photograph of the Cwm Prysor crossing keepers house. The palette of colours in that view are serene. The sky runs from gold to lilac and the golden light is taken up by the foreground grasses. Magical.

Thanks Martin!

That photo you are referring to was taken last December in the late afternoon! Lovely time of year.

By next Monday evening, we should have a photo of model version on the layout!!

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium
On 15/04/2019 at 19:48, 9793 said:

Non modelling update, but I'm on such a high.

Back from the Doctors. It looks like I've officially reversed my Type 2 Diabetes and no longer need metformin!

Current weight, 18 stone 9 (22 stone a year ago and 26 stone, 7 years ago).
Oh and as of this morning....I'm into 40 waist jeans! :D

To celebrate, Lass and I went for a lovely short walk this evening!

Great stuff Tom, well done keep up the good work. 

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, jwealleans said:

That’s because you’re a clean-living, well brought up boy, Tom.

Just like yourself Mr Wealleans! Hope you are prepared for our stewarding on Monday.....