6 minutes ago, jwealleans said:

Locked, loaded and primed for action.

I see it’s just us on the door when we’re on duty.... is that a sign of confidence, or have they moved us to where we can do least damage?

I wouldn't like to guess!! At least we aren't on at 10 for the mad rush!

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
21 minutes ago, 9793 said:

York was always one of my favourite shows. I will be there in spirit. I hope you enjoy it as much as I used to.

2 hours ago, St Enodoc said:

York was always one of my favourite shows. I will be there in spirit. I hope you enjoy it as much as I used to.

I genuinely mean it when I say, it's the highlight of the modelling year for me.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, jwealleans said:

Locked, loaded and primed for action.

I see it’s just us on the door when we’re on duty.... is that a sign of confidence, or have they moved us to where we can do least damage?

3 hours ago, 9793 said:

Glad I've got a layout there and don't have to give you two my hard earned... :lol:

• Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 minutes ago, Worsdell forever said:

Glad I've got a layout there and don't have to give you two my hard earned... :lol:

How rude! We've his card marked now Jonathan! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Martin S-C said:

I will be at York on Sunday with a pal who has just returned to the UK from Australia. Where will you guys be?

Yeah we are both there on Monday only I'm afraid Martin. Mr Fleming is there all weekend though.

Edited by 9793

1 hour ago, Andrew P said:

That looks nice Tom, superb weathering, and I for one LIKE the what if.

Cheers Andy!

I must admit I've never been really into diesels, but this Class 24 was a joy to work on.... As it happens, I do know that a Class 24 was used on the demolition train between Barmouth and Bala around 1967/68. I have some footage somewhere.

With my client's full permission... I've had some fun today, as you can see!

Edited by 9793
  • Like 15
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

2 minutes ago, leopardml2341 said:

It's not a question of going mad, Tom; more seeing the light :D

Why does it not surprise me to hear you say something like that Andy! :lol:
I better start saving up for one of my own! :senile: :locomotive:

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, leopardml2341 said:

.....and before you know it:

https://www.2d53.co.uk/llandudnojcn/on-shed.htm

Some nice photos in there at a glance! I'll have a closer look before bed!
If I get one of my own, it will be D5011 in BR Green. I've a photo of her at Llanuwchllyn which I hadn't realised I had, in 1968....so she would only be run as a one off!

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

What a superb loco and very nicely weathered, Tom. Excellent running as well, nice and smooth.

It makes me wonder whether any worked down through Hereford in the late 1960s and might have been 'borrowed' for a rather out-of-the-way goods-only branch!

2 hours ago, Captain Kernow said:

What a superb loco and very nicely weathered, Tom. Excellent running as well, nice and smooth.

It makes me wonder whether any worked down through Hereford in the late 1960s and might have been 'borrowed' for a rather out-of-the-way goods-only branch!

Thanks Tim!
It's an incredible runner! I have it until next Saturday, and then the client comes to pick it up along with a few more HUO hoppers....however he is bringing me a 47 to weather!

I have finally made my mind up on DCC sound, it certainly adds something to the operation. I'll be contacting a certain gentlemen who is operating at York this weekend to see about getting one of my 57XX/8750s sound chipped. 

As for the identity, 9752 comes to mind, she worked the last goods train on the branch in 1961.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I model 1920s GWR and I purchased on of the SLW 24s purely because they would supply it fitted with p4 wheels. It has nothing to do with my other models, but I love it. A really top class model. Whenever they do another loco if they do the P4 option I will buy one of them too.

To keep on subject, the weathering on that model is superb, it sits so naturally in the scenic environment which is the ultimate test.

Craig W

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, Captain Kernow said:

I believe they were allocated to Shrewsbury and Croes Newydd in those days, and are hence by no means impossible at Hereford, though they'd have struggled to time anything like a heavy train over Church Stretton; this was a busy main line and they would not have been popular with the signalmen.  Borrowing for an out of the way goods only branch would be a matter for Rule 1, but it would certainly be in line with some of the work they did out of Croes Newydd.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2