Modellers mecca

dave750t

• Administrators

And they couldn't find someone to mind the shop and answer emails? Or even just put a message on the website.

There isn't a physical shop any more and so no staff other than Lucy as far as I know. .

And Monday was a bank holiday, even when there was a shop they closed for those.

There isn't a physical shop any more and so no staff other than Lucy as far as I know. .

And Monday was a bank holiday, even when there was a shop they closed for those.

Today is Thursday :)

There is no clue on the site that it is a one person operation with no way to contact anyone. They take your money ok though.

• RMweb Premium

Today is Thursday :)

There is no clue on the site that it is a one person operation with no way to contact anyone. They take your money ok though.

Think it through

If you ran a one man business would you advertise you would be away.

Probably not.

Think it through

If you ran a one man business would you advertise you would be away.

Probably not.

Plenty of eBay sellers do. I'm just pointing out my experience of this site. It gives the impression of a business in trouble. Whether or not that is the case is not really relevant. Appearances matter. If customers end up in the situation of a site having taken their money and then giving no feed back on their order then surely that is a problem.

• RMweb Premium

Plenty of eBay sellers do. I'm just pointing out my experience of this site. It gives the impression of a business in trouble. Whether or not that is the case is not really relevant. Appearances matter. If customers end up in the situation of a site having taken their money and then giving no feed back on their order then surely that is a problem.

If ebay sellers wish to say they are holiday is irrelevant

I most certainly never publicly post I’m going on holiday

I think comments like yours “It gives the impression of a business in trouble” is not very helpful and unfounded.

Remember the order placed Monday, it’s now Thursday

If ebay sellers wish to say they are holiday is irrelevant

I most certainly never publicly post I’m going on holiday

I think comments like yours “It gives the impression of a business in trouble” is not very helpful and unfounded.

Remember the order placed Monday, it’s now Thursday

I'm just speaking as I find. Most online sellers process orders in a few hours, at most a day and answer queries promptly. Whether it's helpful or not to point it out, when a site doesn't seem to be working it looks dodgy.

I'm just speaking as I find. Most online sellers process orders in a few hours, at most a day and answer queries promptly. Whether it's helpful or not to point it out, when a site doesn't seem to be working it looks dodgy.

Are you new to model railways or just trolling as that statement is totally false?

Eight posts and seven of them in this thread makes me believe that it's the latter as I knew for a fact that PayPal doesn't issue refunds straight away. It takes weeks to get money refunded from them as you have to open a dispute.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/where-is-my-refund-faq1212

Refunds to credit or debit cards can take up to 30 days depending on the card company involved.

Jason

Edited by Steamport Southport

Are you new to model railways or just trolling as that statement is totally false?

Eight posts and seven of them in this thread makes me believe that it's the latter as I knew for a fact that PayPal doesn't issue refunds straight away. It takes weeks to get money refunded from them as you have to open a dispute.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/where-is-my-refund-faq1212

Refunds to credit or debit cards can take up to 30 days depending on the card company involved.

Jason

I have received a refund today. Please don't accuse me of lying.

You can't get a refund until at least three days. Even then you HAVE to open a dispute which takes weeks. Read the link I just posted.

I have had over 10,000 transactions on PayPal in a professional capacity. I know how it works.

Jason

Stop calling me a liar. I know what my experience was.

You can’t please everyone all of the time.

I once had to deal with an angry customer who demanded a refund because the order they placed at 4:45 on the Friday evening of a bank holiday weekend didn’t arrive until Wednesday morning.

Sometimes emails fail, or the buyer puts in their email address wrong, so they never get notified.

Or there are limited trading days.

The internet (especially Amazon Prime) has given a small proportion of the population a zero patience, zero tolerance, want-it-now attitude. Which is unfortunate as most retailers are run by real people, not robots.

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Stop calling me a liar. I know what my experience was.

Mate you need to climb down and shut up. By your post history you are new to this site and I think you should consider a more careful approach to how you continue your discussions.

You appear to want things right now, just like so many people these days and seem unwilling to accept reasonable comments from others that may well know, through experience, a little more than yourself. 

Give it a rest and before you tell me to #### off, don't bother as I couldn't give a ####.

ATB and enjoy the rest of the day.

Phil 

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Mate you need to climb down and shut up. By your post history you are new to this site and I think you should consider a more careful approach to how you continue your discussions.

You appear to want things right now, just like so many people these days and seem unwilling to accept reasonable comments from others that may well know, through experience, a little more than yourself. 

Give it a rest and before you tell me to #### off, don't bother as I couldn't give a ####.

ATB and enjoy the rest of the day.

Phil 

Well said, Phil.