New AEC GW railcar in 00

locoholic

9 minutes ago, paulbb said:

The custard part of the blood and custard on the BR ones looks decidedly more yellow rather than cream. Think the blood needs to be a shade darker too.

I'd agree that the custard has too much custard powder in it - but the blood looks spot-on.

John Isherwood.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
26 minutes ago, cctransuk said:

I'd agree that the custard has too much custard powder in it - but the blood looks spot-on.

John Isherwood.

I think we've become too accustomed to other makers' rendering of "blood" which has, all-too-often, been significantly too dark.

This looks good to me, also.

John

• Like 2

• Moderators
49 minutes ago, TerryBewdley said:

I haven’t read thru all the posts but does anyone know if there will a sound version?

Heljan don't do sound-fitted versions of any of their range at present.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
On 14/05/2021 at 14:19, rembrow said:

Does Ben know when these will be arriving in Denmark. The Heljan advert in the June RM says they are due in May.

Hattons have updated their pre-orders to show May or June now.

Ben @61661would be able to give the definitive answer, but it looks like they won’t be long. The images look very good.

One question I have for Ben though, where is the motor? On one of the images it looks as if it’s visible in the brake compartment- like the old Lima pancake motor....

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Neal Ball said:

One question I have for Ben though, where is the motor? On one of the images it looks as if it’s visible in the brake compartment- like the old Lima pancake motor....

When the CADs were posted on here the text said - ...A centrally-mounted, low profile motor under the floor will drive both bogies..... So hopefully that is what we will get.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Pteremy said:

When the CADs were posted on here the text said - ...A centrally-mounted, low profile motor under the floor will drive both bogies..... So hopefully that is what we will get.

This was why I was asking:

2126110274_HeljanGWRrailcar.jpg.9ed15b527a344430ec652eb3a1708425.jpg

https://www.Heljan.co.uk/post/oo-gwr-railcars-now-in-production

There looks to be something in the parcels area - unless of course its parcels :-)

• Like 2
  • Funny 2

56 minutes ago, Neal Ball said:

This was why I was asking:

2126110274_HeljanGWRrailcar.jpg.9ed15b527a344430ec652eb3a1708425.jpg

https://www.Heljan.co.uk/post/oo-gwr-railcars-now-in-production

There looks to be something in the parcels area - unless of course its parcels :-)

I remember seeing something about provision for sound being in the guards compartment? Maybe it's a speaker enclosure? Although I agree, it's a bit intrusive.

Hello All,

The OO railcar motor is set low in the chassis between the bogies, driving all four axles. The luggage van area contains the 21-pin decoder interface and open space where a speaker can be fitted. 

Hope this helps

Ben

• Thanks 4
  • Informative/Useful 6

• 1 month later...

Now very confused about the release date for the railcars. The Heljan update released last week had them still 'in production', with an expected release of July/August. If they are in production, as stated, then unlikely to be released in July, however I've just had a Hattons update advising they are expected in early July. It would help to know which is correct as I have two to pay for.

• RMweb Gold
26 minutes ago, rembrow said:

however I've just had a Hattons update advising they are expected in early July. It would help to know which is correct as I have two to pay for.

Clicking on their link and it states July/August delivery.

An update by Rails this morning  advises the railcar are on their way to them

This must mean they are being dispatched to UK retailers from Heljan in Denmark, as the bulk consignments, ex China, go to the Heljan facility in Denmark first.

• 2 weeks later...

The Hattons newsletter for this week, issued today, advised that they are expecting the railcars in the next few days. Kernow at Guildford received them last week, but the Camborne shop and mail order is still expecting them.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, rembrow said:

The Hattons newsletter for this week, issued today, advised that they are expecting the railcars in the next few days. Kernow at Guildford received them last week, but the Camborne shop and mail order is still expecting them.

I can confirm that my example had been dispatched from Camborne today. Hopefully it will arrive in the next day or two and then I will be able to provide pictures.

• Like 2