Dapol Announce O gauge Turbot

MGR Hooper!

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

I'm sure they will be with us very soon I thought late January/ early February was the latest ETA. All good things are worth waiting for though. Until they make everything in the UK there will always be a wait just simple logistics cause delays....

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

I don't normally comment on posts other than my own, but I received two of these yesterday. I'm not an expert in the world of Turbot wagons but these are really impressive models and in my opinion excellent value for money. 

They have a nice weight to them and are very free running. The detail in my eyes is very good. I had one loose buffer with one of them but this was simply glued back on. Overall I am very pleased and happy with them.

I've already started to make my two a bit more individual. I started by painting the buffer shafts with metal coat. I've back dated DB978337 with black axle boxes and I've also painted the hand brake guide black. Next job might be to weather them.

Sort of as they come- I've already painted the buffer shafts in this photo.

20200802_223904.jpg.1a2d949476597f53f7413942b21ebe95.jpg

Very good detail underneath.

20200802_223812.jpg.e3770c5da189e76530fce9231dd41eec.jpg

My two now have some slight variation between them.

20200802_223742.jpg.9ba8975ab3c004ec05a04cc7323633d4.jpg

20200802_223842.jpg.1a9e7333ef0dcaedef5e0f3024a27eff.jpg

Hope this is of interest.

• Like 5
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Thanks for that Paul I had previously had that site listed on my pc as a ref source but since my hard drive crash I've lost a lot of my info., so thanks again.

I'm adding it as I reply for future ref.

And while I add that I've added this also.    http://www.igg.org.uk/rail/4-rstock/004-index.htm

Best

Edited by Barnaby

I have received all three of the dutch livery version. Only one (DB978702) is fitted with a white end step. At first I thought that it might have come out in the packaging for the others (like Dapol couplings do sometimes), but there was nothing there. I checked on Hattons site and looked at the pictures posted for each model and noticed that it is only DB978702 that shows the end step fitted.

Just wondered if anyone knows whether these were built with steps or they were added later, and if so, does anyone know when that would be, and how many were altered?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Robin Gristwood said:

I have received all three of the dutch livery version. Only one (DB978702) is fitted with a white end step. At first I thought that it might have come out in the packaging for the others (like Dapol couplings do sometimes), but there was nothing there. I checked on Hattons site and looked at the pictures posted for each model and noticed that it is only DB978702 that shows the end step fitted.

Just wondered if anyone knows whether these were built with steps or they were added later, and if so, does anyone know when that would be, and how many were altered?

Hello Robin, if you look at the reference photos on Paul Barlett's excellet website (link couple of posts earlier), from the available photos they don't appear to have been built with steps in the 1980s. 

The steps and additional handrails make appearances in Pauls photos dated the later half of the 1990s but not sure when the modification was actually done.

I thought I read somewhere else that this was an EWS modification, so potentially dating this from the second half of the 90s - but don't quote me, as I'm definately no expert! 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1