PSL Roadrailer project - detail CAD for resin cast or 3D print

I have received new reference material today from e-bay France ! - a copy of the July 1990 US Model Railroader !

gallery_34954_4571_1543271.jpg

.... my quest goes on - I now need the December 1976 C&O Historical Newsletter !

Edit : - got one off e-bay in the US !

Edited by rowehillmaster

.... and the wheels tuck away nicely    :sungum:  

gallery_34954_4571_90057.jpg

.... also good news,  I have located a surviving one in the USA at a small railway museum in Sparta Michigan   - and through some e-mail dialog I have had with a lady at the Sparta Township Historical Commission, a kind gentleman is going to get me some detail photos of the coupler mechanism etc  for me  :yahoo:

Edited by rowehillmaster
  • Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

I have the original roadrailer manuals, passed to me from the former project manager. Also pressed steel literature etc. Happy to share!

Regards

Peter Stanton

.... please can you get in touch ? - I am struggling with getting enough info on the brakes - perhaps the 'manuals' may give me some help.

Regards Andy

• 2 weeks later...

Will the body be hollow orvserator seperate sections to join ?

If it one solid piece it will add to the cost.

Seperate doors at the back at least would be good as it would provide an easy solution to have the rear doors open

.... here is the latest -:

gallery_34954_4587_180595.jpg

..... this is just the beginning of the kit,

LongRail

Posted 09 November 2018 - 08:54

Will the body be hollow orvserator seperate sections to join ?
If it one solid piece it will add to the cost.
Seperate doors at the back at least would be good as it would provide an easy solution to have the rear doors open

...... at present I have not gone for openable doors, but it is hollow - I may look at doing it but it will involve more scale fudging to make it possible.

I am doing the pre production, and production variations now.

gallery_34954_4587_243207.jpg

.... looking for ideas as to what other modelers do or what people actually want from a kit ? - the scalecraft kit version has 16 rivet heads of around a scale .75 inch diameter spaced approx 4 inches apart (this gives the idea of it looking something like real but is not) -  in reality there are 38 .375 inch rivets spaced 2 inches apart - will this just be unrealistic at a scale size - in my test they are barely visible at 7mm scale to the naked eye, but look good with a magnifying glass ! then at 4mm they are there but barely visible even with the magnifying glass.

Do people just want a reproduction of the scalecraft kit, with more correct details in certain areas - for exmple the roofline, wheels tucking under etc. ?

Edited by rowehillmaster