Accurascale on tour

See every day's a school day, but I wasn't concerned about that element at the time in Beamish - Where it was brewed, and the resultant political, social, architectural, and economic consequences it had - drinking ale was mind blowing enough, for me. 

But, as a conservation architect by trade, It now behooves me to do a bit of serious research before I innocently point to a strange pump/tap and decree "pint of that, please" in a casual manner. 

This rolling stock surveying business has taken an unexpected, and interesting twist!! 

Thanks Mark, as ever. 

RM 

• Agree 1
  • Funny 3

At a time when we need our manufacturers to produce items that are really expensive, poor on detail covering obscure subjects that no-one wants, you just know that Acccurascale are going to announce something that almost every modeler will want, blowing away everybody's 2019 model railway  budget plans!

Edited by JSpencer

7 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

Oh it will haul them alright :)

What can operate on third rail, haul night sleepers and also freight.

i`m confused now , i did say Class 73 and not Class 37 , if they are wanting to model something prototypical the new MK5's need 73/9's  - Unless we are talking a Class 88 for the TP stock but then that's Diesel/Electric not 3rd rail?

Edited by sulzer71

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

There is another electric locomotive that hauls sleepers and it is said that it's name is mentioned in the latest edition of Model Rail.

I am waiting for Accurascale to confirm it as it has other repercussions.

Ooops....pictures too...

11 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

On the DJM thread, it has been said that March 19 Model Rail indicates the next Accurascale model is the 92 plus Mk5s.

I have tagged @071, @Patrick to confirm if this is the case as it has repercussions for DJM but if it is in print then the cat is well and truly out of the bag.

Interesting although i have no interest in electric traction for my layout , 73/9's would have been ideal , oh well 

So not one of these then:

Clay-Guin-NCL2.jpg.f70d8f52e5f0f467d1d757e1b54d78a9.jpg

Nuts! With these coming from Newcastle's Guiness warehouse that was situated within 20 yards of the ECML, I thought we might be getting something beer related. Competion for the the brewery that was located a 20 to 30 yards from the train.

P

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

Well, so much for my day off! We have the announcements here: https://accurascale.co.uk/blogs/news/a-bunch-of-mark-fives-from-accurascale-and-revolution and here: https://accurascale.co.uk/blogs/news/accurascale-announces-class-92-in-oo 

I am going to form separate threads for them in a couple of minutes and I think it would do everyone a favour if we keep comments for each in each thread, mods, us, and people searching for info. so please bare with me!

Cheers,

Fran

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

Just a very quick thank you to everyone who stopped by at our stand over the weekend at Model Rail Scotland. It was great to meet so many new faces and we were certainly kept very busy of the three days of the show! It was great to see so much enthusiasm for our Mark 5 and Class 92 announcements and of course on our Deltics, PCAs, cemflos and HUOs in both scales.

I have about a billion messages and emails to catch up on once we get back to Dublin later tonight after the weekend, in case people are waiting for a reply!

Our next show is at Alexandra Palace next month which we’re really looking forward to! 

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

Just a quick note to say that we will be revealing our next model at Ally Pally in a few weeks, where we should have a pre-production sample on view all going well.

As for clues? It’s not a locomotive and it’s OO. That’s all yer getting!

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, 071 said:

Hi everyone,

Just a quick note to say that we will be revealing our next model at Ally Pally in a few weeks, where we should have a pre-production sample on view all going well.

As for clues? It’s not a locomotive and it’s OO. That’s all yer getting!

Cheers!

Fran

Anyone got a list of cement wagons that have not yet been modelled ?

;-)

Edited by adb968008
  • Funny 3

Just now, The Stationmaster said:

I wonder if it will actually be something for me this time round?

Just wait for next month's Model Rail and you'll be sure to find out.

It's not a locomotive doesn't mean anything now, as last time round wasn't a locomotive it was a whole train!

Maybe it's an APT or a Class 91 and Mk4 stock.

Maybe it's a Toplight

Maybe it's an MGR wagon - it would suit previous form and be popular no doubt

• Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

Just wait for next month's Model Rail and you'll be sure to find out.

It's not a locomotive doesn't mean anything now, as last time round wasn't a locomotive it was a whole train!

Maybe it's an APT or a Class 91 and Mk4 stock.

Maybe it's a Toplight

Maybe it's an MGR wagon - it would suit previous form and be popular no doubt

In fairness a 91 is a loco. So we can scratch that one off the list :) And Cavalex have just announced it and judging by the PGA they have done they will make a fine job of it and the Mark 4s!

APT? Not a chance! Though don't be surprised if someone else does.

Toplight? 'fraid not. 

MGR? Not this time, but a lot of people have been asking us for HAAs recently....

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, 071 said:

In fairness a 91 is a loco. So we can scratch that one off the list :) And Cavalex have just announced it and judging by the PGA they have done they will make a fine job of it and the Mark 4s!

APT? Not a chance! Though don't be surprised if someone else does.

Toplight? 'fraid not. 

MGR? Not this time, but a lot of people have been asking us for HAAs recently....

Cheers!

Fran

The APT and 91 were firmly tongue in cheek - I need to sort my 'stream' out on RMWeb though, I only learnt of the Cavalex 91 last night via the N gauge forum!

Toplight, come one guys what about the GWR, you're so BR centric, everyone does something from the GWR.

HAA - it will happen, it's got your name all over it for the future - clearly a six-pack opportunity