Accurascale on tour

13 hours ago, jools1959 said:

Can I put my 5 Cents worth in?  Either a Class 37 or 47 if a loco, a 185 if a DMU or 397 if a EMU given their both TPE stock 

Unless they were already well along with a 47 back in July when Heljan announced theirs a 47 would be disappointing (not that Accurascale wouldn't do an excellent job, but because I have doubts that even the 47 can allow for 2 new high end models with all the existing models to compete with).

I doubt a 185, but given the existing relationship with CAF a 195/196/331/397 announcement would be possible/interesting on the assumption that there is enough shared tooling to make them all viable.

• RMweb Gold

Hmm, I think I could make educated guesses in two possible directions in view of the fact that it is described as  'something very big' but I'll say no more in case I'm right.  But if it is one of  what it could be by dint of matching the description 'very big' it might happen to suit me (although surely MDOs weren't that big ;) ).

Edited by The Stationmaster
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, adb968008 said:

16 sleeper coaches and a 92 is big, i’m Not quite sure what constitutes very big..

maybe they are making a OO scale Ribblehead Viaduct ?

:-)

Like this one....?

hraset1.jpg.272f45cfa49984192d21821e46a3ab72.jpg

• Like 8
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

After some chat with a mate from York, he came up with this thought. Accurascale are getting a good name regarding wagons, this is going to be "BIG", some people would rightly say that they would never see this in RTR 00 and lastly "Redlands/Lafarge". I can only hope it is this.

KJA_92546_REDA_UpperHolloway_140510 (165)-XL.jpg

• Funny 2

Considering the four lads cover UK and Irish prototypes, I suspect the 'very big' announcement is the Mk3 coach, as that would allow them to produce all Irish and UK variants, which would be a vast range on its own.

I know Hornby are producing the new sliding door version, so that's maybe not a runner, but mixed reaction to the Oxford model would make all other types still viable, I think, when you consider the Accurascale/IRM level of detail. One manufacturer was lined up to do Irish specific versions, but pulled out, and Oxford were considering Irish versions initially, but no movement there as of yet.

If not the MK3, then I suspect that it will be something yellow and permanent way related.

Edited by North Star Depot
Extra points

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, newbryford said:

It's on Accurascale's homepage now......

just to be clear the Class 37 range is not the ‘big’ announcement still to come at the Warley show

• Like 7

29 minutes ago, McC said:

just to be clear the Class 37 range is not the ‘big’ announcement still to come at the Warley show

So, am I correct in assuming that the definitive class 37 is a relatively small announcement and we should expect something from the other end of the announcement scale, at the weekend? :yahoo_mini:

Tongue firmly in cheek.

• RMweb Premium
On 13/11/2019 at 20:26, Accurascale Fran said:

The announcement is OO, not O. I should have clarified that! 

Cheers!

Fran

Nope. Its OO.

PJ10

Edited by PJ10
  • Thanks 1