Accurascale on tour

1 hour ago, Axlebox said:

Seeing as I need so many I should count double...so thats 4 of us...

But I need more than you... and I forgot to count in that Mr DLI. That makes six of us. That should drop the cost substantially?

2 hours ago, Porcy Mane said:

That makes six of us. That should drop the cost substantially?

Yep, by @classy52's reckoning on the previous page, you've hammered it down to a mere £12,500! :good:

Edited by truffy
pervious? perviest? previous!

5 minutes ago, truffy said:

Yep, by @classy52's reckoning on the pervious page, you've hammered it down to a mere £12,500! :good:

Cheap @ twice the price.  (As long as it's the diagram I want!   Me! Me! Me! )

Now how many can I put you down for?

P

3 hours ago, truffy said:

For as many as would’ve been seen on the SR in 1938! :D

... but in this instance it will be very worthwhile to see such cute wagon. A good application of Rule 1.

I'll put you down for five.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Porcy Mane said:

... but in this instance it will be very worthwhile to see such cute wagon. A good application of Rule 1.

I'll put you down for five.

Sorry, wagons don't count for rule 1, and it's not even cute.

Just put me down for the number that would’ve been seen on the SR in 1938.

53 minutes ago, classy52 said:

Now what comes after cement?...yes of course sand :preved:

Cement wagons done, now its time for WBB Minerals PAA-B covered hoppers or NACCO/GBRf IIA-F wagons :good:...just say'in 

Oh blimey, more overtime....

• Funny 2

1 hour ago, classy52 said:

Now what comes after cement?...yes of course sand :preved:

Cement wagons done, now its time for WBB Minerals PAA-B covered hoppers or NACCO/GBRf IIA-F wagons :good:...just say'in 

Whilst I like my PCAs.... I would love some of these. They look ace IMO:

81 70 7829 008-4 Kingsthorpe 270616

66621 powers north along the slowline at Cossington, MML towards Sileby Junction on 27.7.16 with 6M92 1223 West Thurrock Sidings  - Tunstead Sdgs empty JGA bogie cement wagons owned by Ermewa and used by Tarmac

JGA VTG 11707 wagon seen in the consist of 6H50 Willesden to Tunstead at Dudswell on 22-3-12. Copyright Ian Cuthbertson

11714 Northampton 090816

DSC_0923  11th May 2016 Berkhamsted

Such cool looking wagons

Although I'd be keen for some IIA-Fs too tbh. Or them GBRF aggregate wagons with the Cemex branding

Edited by TomScrut
  • Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Well Model Rail Scotland is looming this weekend so I'm going to guess their new announcement will actually be another new tooled diesel locomotive...a Class 50.

Neither of the other manufacturers have got it right in N, OO or O thus its too good of a challenge to ignore for these lads...its those cab end windscreens boys, watch out they'll get ya! :devil:

11 minutes ago, classy52 said:

Well Model Rail Scotland is looming this weekend so I'm going to guess their new announcement will actually be another new tooled diesel locomotive...a Class 50.

Neither of the other manufacturers have got it right in N, OO or O thus its too good of a challenge to ignore for these lads...its those cab end windscreens boys, watch out they'll get ya! :devil:

They'll be doing a 91 (joking)

Given their current locomotive choices the 50 is a candidate. Everything so far has had a decent amount or time coverage, which makes sense really.

Although I would be keen for an 88!

Could be anything though couldn't it? Multiple unit perhaps as a bit of a curve ball?

11 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

They'll be doing a 91 (joking)

Geez would love that, put the other mob back in their yellow box for depriving us an up to date high fidelity model....8PIN anyone :jester:

Given their current locomotive choices the 50 is a candidate. Everything so far has had a decent amount or time coverage, which makes sense really.

That's why this particular one popped in my head, would be a challenge though especially with those cab ends.

Although I would be keen for an 88!

I think Dapol hold the license for that or maybe not but I think Accurascale would leave that to Dapol.

Could be anything though couldn't it? Multiple unit perhaps as a bit of a curve ball?

Yep totally agree, this is why I know look forward to Accurascale announcements more than the other 2 main players.

47 minutes ago, classy52 said:

The class 88 thread it is discussed at length about Dapol doing it. The consensus seems to be that nobody (we are aware of) has the license for the 88 as DRS weren't dishing that out at the same time as the 68, and that there wouldn't be that much tooling compatibility either (although my view is there is more than what a lot of others think)

I think the viability of such a thing may depend on what the 93 looks like

Edited by TomScrut
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, JSpencer said:

I would expect something Scottish based or at least common in Scotland. An extension to the range of tractors that they intend to produce?  

Maybe another Exclusive edition of the already announced sub-classes of 37, but I wouldn't expect another sub-class to be announced.  My guess is that getting the existing models out first would be better rather than risk cannibalizing your own sales as people cancel an existing 37 order for one of the "new shiny" announced ones.

Could entirely be wrong, but suspect it won't be an engine (unless maybe steam but that seems unlikely).  Ideally they really need to get one of the existing engine models out so that people can see what they can do and give confidence to those waiting in the sidelines.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

A DRS 88 would be a fantastic option (personally) given they are already doing the design work for the pantograph systems should they wish to include the operation aspect as they are on the 92 and they must have a relationship with DRS to model their liveries - as would Dapol? It would also tie in nicely with the PFA's.

Downside to the 88 is that its potentially a small(ish) market pull only being 10no prototypes and in one livery unlike the 37's.

KXA's could be another interesting announcement given the KUA's & PFA's. 

What ever they announce I'm sure will be of superior quality and market appeal.

Regards

Ali,

Note to self, check this topic frequently tomorrow for any announcements. :)