Accurascale on tour

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Hi Fran, 

I hope you and the team at Accurascale are well? 

I am aware that you and the team are not working in the office at the moment due to the coronavirus. If the London Festival of Railway Modelling Show does go ahead next weekend at Alexandra Palace will you be attending as planned? 

I ask because at most of the shows that you now attend you announce a new or some new products in your range. I would hate to think that we were going to miss out on potential new announcements. In that case if the show is cancelled or you opt not attend even if it does go ahead will you still make any new announcement/s via your website, RMWeb and through your social media accounts next weekend or will you wait to announce any new products until the next show that you plan on attending? 

Obviously the priority for everyone at the moment is to stay well and keep safe and I understand if you opt not to Alexandra Palace, but I am just interested to know your thoughts on how you will potentially announce new products in your range. 

Thank you very much in advance. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

• RMweb Gold
34 minutes ago, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

Hi Fran, 

I hope you and the team at Accurascale are well? 

I am aware that you and the team are not working in the office at the moment due to the coronavirus. If the London Festival of Railway Modelling Show does go ahead next weekend at Alexandra Palace will you be attending as planned? 

I ask because at most of the shows that you now attend you announce a new or some new products in your range. I would hate to think that we were going to miss out on potential new announcements. In that case if the show is cancelled or you opt not attend even if it does go ahead will you still make any new announcement/s via your website, RMWeb and through your social media accounts next weekend or will you wait to announce any new products until the next show that you plan on attending? 

Obviously the priority for everyone at the moment is to stay well and keep safe and I understand if you opt not to Alexandra Palace, but I am just interested to know your thoughts on how you will potentially announce new products in your range. 

Thank you very much in advance. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

Given that the team have generally given us notice of a new announcement, I would presume that one was not being made this time.

Roy

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, Roy Langridge said:

Given that the team have generally given us notice of a new announcement, I would presume that one was not being made this time.

Roy

Hi Roy, 

That's true and it could be that their are no new announcements from Accurascale at Alexandra Palace. But, with this been a bigger and more well known show than some others I just imagined that their would be at least some additional new announcements to their existing range e.g. Class 37 or maybe a complete new model announcement, for something that we haven't seen yet. Maybe, maybe not. We will have to see...

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

• RMweb Gold

They've probably got more Class 37 variants up their sleeves than most of us can count so I wouldn't be surprised if they can keep announcements going for a very long time.  But don't forget that if they are producing anything new (beyond livery variants) they seem to work on the basis of there being something tangible for us to see.  And tangible things might well come from China which sort of injects a delay in present times as that country gets itself back to work.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, The Stationmaster said:

They've probably got more Class 37 variants up their sleeves than most of us can count so I wouldn't be surprised if they can keep announcements going for a very long time.  But don't forget that if they are producing anything new (beyond livery variants) they seem to work on the basis of there being something tangible for us to see.  And tangible things might well come from China which sort of injects a delay in present times as that country gets itself back to work.

Look at the PTA thread. A new sample has arrived from China. The Chinese factories have reopened. The virus outbreak is under control there and on the decline.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

We will indeed have a new announcement this week. Froth away!

Cheers!

Fran

I had a feeling that you would keep up the announcements. Let's face it when are you lot not keeping us on our toes. 

I can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve this time. 

• Friendly/supportive 2

I either hope it's something amazing or something I aren't bothered about. I have enough on pre order to not need to buy something else (along with my intention of getting a 92 on pre order) but if it's a "can't be missed" then I'll be happy to get the £££ out!

I don't think anybody (other than Hornby) will be touching mk4s with a barge pole, too big a risk IMO as I would be amazed if they don't do the whole rake. There is more reason than ever to do so:

1. New 91, their tooling

2. TFW running mk4s with 67s, which Hornby have the only OO tool for (that I am aware of) and a good one at that.

3. Grand Central running mk4s with 90s, which Hornby have a tool for (although not the best one available so most would be hoping for a Bachmann one or respraying)

I.e. far more area of appeal than just ECML.

I think it will be a 2021 announcement. Maybe a bit too big an announcement for summer.

Edited by TomScrut

6 hours ago, BR Blue said:

Look at the PTA thread. A new sample has arrived from China. The Chinese factories have reopened. The virus outbreak is under control there and on the decline.

Not what Stationmaster was saying - like it or not while the Chinese factories have re-opened they all had an unscheduled additional 3 weeks of closure, and even now not all factories have resumed full operations (Rapido on Friday sent out out a newsletter that indicated of their 2 factories one is at 100%, the other is only 67% - and a third party factory that they sometimes use elsewhere in China is struggling to get workers back).

So China is not close to being back to normal.

Thus if a manufacturer, making plans back in say October, expected to have something to physically show this weekend they might be out of luck if the first sample is now arriving in 2 weeks (thanks to that additional 3 week holiday).

It's great that Accurascale will have something to announce this weekend, but there will be repercussions still as China works at recovering from the lost 3 weeks and the resulting shipping mess - there are hints that some customers outside of the model train market, whose product is time critical (think say holiday, or a season - like beach toys for the summer) might be cutting it close on getting their product.

• Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, mdvle said:

Not what Stationmaster was saying - like it or not while the Chinese factories have re-opened they all had an unscheduled additional 3 weeks of closure, and even now not all factories have resumed full operations (Rapido on Friday sent out out a newsletter that indicated of their 2 factories one is at 100%, the other is only 67% - and a third party factory that they sometimes use elsewhere in China is struggling to get workers back).

So China is not close to being back to normal.

Thus if a manufacturer, making plans back in say October, expected to have something to physically show this weekend they might be out of luck if the first sample is now arriving in 2 weeks (thanks to that additional 3 week holiday).

It's great that Accurascale will have something to announce this weekend, but there will be repercussions still as China works at recovering from the lost 3 weeks and the resulting shipping mess - there are hints that some customers outside of the model train market, whose product is time critical (think say holiday, or a season - like beach toys for the summer) might be cutting it close on getting their product.

Wow. You are being picky. I think the key point was tangible things. A new PTA sample has come from China which is pretty tangible. No one is saying there wont be delays. I will say no more.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

We will indeed have a new announcement this week. Froth away!

Cheers!

Fran

Something pre-nationalisation.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, newbryford said:

Another wagon to match the 37/6s.......?

FNA

Oh Yes please these would be great.

My only problem will be purchasing anything new. With footfall into my business dwindling and costs to try and cover over what could be months things are going to be tough. 

Main thing is everyone staying healthy. 

thanks

Mark

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 8

9 hours ago, MRDBLUE17 said:

My only problem will be purchasing anything new. With footfall into my business dwindling and costs to try and cover over what could be months things are going to be tough. 

Main thing is everyone staying healthy.

So true, the economic impact of this will still be echoing at Christmas I reckon :-(

Marcus

• Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, Marcus-Jay said:

So true, the economic impact of this will still be echoing at Christmas I reckon :-(

Marcus

Christmas? What year? The impact of this is going to be felt for many years, and the increase in national debt possibly for a generation. The effect of this worldwide is devastating to businesses of pretty much all sectors.

The virus will sadly kill people, but so will the longer lasting impacts.

Roy

• Agree 5

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, big jim said:

Just tell us now, save the froth 

Sadly it has been identified that froth may be a carrier of the Covid-19 virus. The government will announce later today that anybody seen frothing will be quarantined for a period of at least 7 years so as to protect the rest of the modelling community. Whilst such measures are regretted, the impact on electrons and keyboards must be considered the first priority.

Roy

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 2