and a few more...

1402717384_moretrackpanels.jpg.bc19a07f1b177634dc842e46b3122afc.jpg

more of the yard has been ballasted

1756290810_yardballasted.jpg.a03b7ea5e2d0f405e28810aed2c53744.jpg

and a bit of the exit from the yard onto the main lines

1779521335_mainlinesandyardentrance.jpg.a7d3e6c4e90e5c4416f2928c95d09695.jpg

and down into the fiddle yard

1094467376_trackintothefiddleyard.jpg.17bbc45cae84c3c63697572510f950f0.jpg

still to do.. sort out cesses, tidy edges..weather as required..

Baz

• Like 13

• RMweb Premium

Another busy day with Red Leader finishing the mpd boards (complete with pits), sorting out the mpd track and adding the start of the colliery railway. Then a fair bit of woodworking (only curtailed by runningnout of wood) meant that the basic floor frame for the station supports was put in place.

I now need to addcork to the mpd boards and get more 2 by 1.

Pictures to follow...

Thanks for all of your hard work Graham!

Baz

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, BoD said:

Good luck with that…

…. have you arranged the re-mortgage for it?

The pack of 6 I bought last week wasn't too expensive but contained 3 relatively "straight" pieces and 3 very wobbly ones. I shall endeavour to buy some more.. apparently less is being used in the building trade.. could be everyonevnow has their building work completed??

Baz

• Informative/Useful 2

14 hours ago, Barry O said:

The pack of 6 I bought last week wasn't too expensive but contained 3 relatively "straight" pieces and 3 very wobbly ones. I shall endeavour to buy some more.. apparently less is being used in the building trade.. could be everyonevnow has their building work completed??

Baz

Or they can't afford it.

I've just begrudgingly paid £3,500 for a new garage roof, it had too be done unfortunately

• Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
On 07/09/2021 at 08:02, Barry O said:

Baz

I popped into the local-ish branch of Howdens last week to order some skirting board.  'Very sorry sir but we can't deliver it until next Tuesday'. And it was duly delivered yesterday morning so whatever else is going on in builder land there seems to be no difficulty getting hold of Torus pattern skirting board.  But I did notice a few empty shelves in Gibbs & Dandy yesterday - mainly plumbing items.   But I haven't tried to buy 2x1 lately.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, The Stationmaster said:

But I did notice a few empty shelves in Gibbs & Dandy yesterday - mainly plumbing items.  

Our local non-chain diy man seems to be OK for timber but a few of the hardware items are in short supply as are some of the ooh nasty chemical based substances especially at the chain stote amd their 'trade' offshoots. And why do some suppliers have to source galvanised clout nails from the Far East?

Edited by TheSignalEngineer
Fat finger syndrome
  • Friendly/supportive 3

On 07/09/2021 at 06:55, Barry O said:

Another busy day with Red Leader finishing the mpd boards (complete with pits), sorting out the mpd track and adding the start of the colliery railway. Then a fair bit of woodworking (only curtailed by runningnout of wood) meant that the basic floor frame for the station supports was put in place.

My apologies for delay in posting the few pix wot I took, some of which might now look familiar...

20210909_005027.jpg

First job was 'steady as you go' sawing of the slots for the pits, pre-marked at the end of last visit.

20210906_113410.jpg

Suitably reinforced with 9mm beneath, the remaining supports could be fitted around them prior to final fixing down. 

20210909_005128.jpg

A view taken to emphasise the single track from the fiddle yard, climbing up out of its 'ole.

20210906_173850.jpg.b5706463eda0466c44140600d5b6afca.jpg

Another view of that support framework for the main station (minus sock). Maybe not readily apparent from this view, but the station will be angled slightly away from the back wall to meet the door jamb.

20210909_005251.jpg.4c003b29ff8611d2a7067fa5eb74e831.jpg

And finally, that little bit of late-afternoon tracklaying. The furthest away track is effectively the exchange siding where an inbound rake of empties can be deposited. The NCB loco then shunts across to one of the nearer two roads, in rafts of 5-6, for onward conveyance to the quarry. Fulls from the quarry are similarly shunted back across to the exchange siding to make up an outbound departure.

The curved point apparently leading off the baseboard is for the two-road NCB loco shed, which should be a nice little feature.

Edited by LNER4479
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Bit more ballasting completed and I have now fitted cork to the MPD boards completed by Red Leader last week. 

time for a break  from ballasting!

Baz

Edited by Barry O
just a piece of cork.. not a number of them!
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold
20 minutes ago, Barry O said:

Bit more ballasting completed and I have now fitted corks to the MPD boards completed by Red Leader last week. 

time for a break  from ballasting!

Baz

I’ve actually started mine too.

Amongst lots of other things.

Really must update my thread thingy.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium

Guess what?

Ballasting virtually complete for now.

Some walls are being crafted for the route to/from the fiddle yard. Pit walls and steps to make and fit (plus weathering) but first a trip to spy on what @Worsdell foreveris up to in his neck of the woods.

Baz

• Like 7

• Barry O changed the title to Leeds London Road (was Barnbow East) .. scenic infrastructure in progress!
  • RMweb Premium

Bit more scenic work and ballasting done. Still a fair bit of tidying up to do one the Ballasting. 

2087743851_DownintheholeonLeedsLondonRd.jpg.5d1b986795863087f6fa732b72d6ee52.jpg

I am using Slaters embossed plasticard for the walls.

1029051446_Ballastedaroundthegoodyardentrance.jpg.e3461b4c5cf9f35e0669d258a53df425.jpg

Not sure why it shoes some of the ballast as a bit "orange" as it is all dark coloured.. must be the sun beaming into the track going down to the fiddle yard!

Baz

• Like 6
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1