Leeds London Road . Yard magnets and control panel

Barry O

• RMweb Premium
26 minutes ago, Michael Edge said:

It would look a lot better with the edge next to the cess straightened and neater.

Yes that is the major part of the revisit..as well as the places it has "sunk" between the sleepers. Should be done today all neing well..

Baz

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

best laid plans etc...

Instead of tidying the ballast up.. I have been checking couplings... lots and lots of them ... and when I thought I had finished... I found some more.....:o

BUT they are just about done now so time to restock the fiddle yard and.. do some more testing......

:D

Baz

• Like 7
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Where did I get all of these wagons from??

Years of building kits and bodging rtr..that is where. The layout needs a variety of stock...no problem..

What I need though is a fruit warehouse as I can run the banana train ex Herculaneum Dock ..it should go to York.. but not in my history of the line..

Baz

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
17 minutes ago, Barry O said:

Where did I get all of these wagons from??

When you’ve covered the ‘first half million’ you will probably have enough.

• Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, BoD said:

When you’ve covered the ‘first half million’ you will probably have enough.

Reckon I have about 400+ 2agone..mind you some are used on.other people layouts..Grantham,, Chapel en le Frith, Hrrculaneum Dock,Shap and Wentworth Junction...must stop building wagons..

Baz

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

stock check completed... wagon count is 548 plus about 50 kits to build/finish.. ooops!

I won't need all of the "Spares"  on Leeds London Road...time for a sale perhaps??

New Ballast being ordered.. the  granite is not of a consistent size and it is really having a major impact on train noise!

Baz

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Started tidying up the ballast..

340816264_Tidyupballast.JPG.c5a1e9b6d1537c638c48205a29aebc4c.JPG

now to start to weather it...

340776052_TidyupBallast2.JPG.8acb7be8c06231ff8764fbeae0baa9ac.JPG

that will get rid of the glue stains- not sure that Railmatch arylics and dilute PVA get on very well!

Baz

Edited by Barry O
  • Like 10

• RMweb Premium

I had to check out a couple of DCC sound fitted locos today so, while I had the DCC kit out, I plugged it into the layout and listened to Pinza running around the layout with beautiful Deltic sounds... followed by a Brush Type 2 and a Sulzer Type 2... what a difference the sound makes.....

Baz

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
14 hours ago, Barry O said:

I had to check out a couple of DCC sound fitted locos today so, while I had the DCC kit out, I plugged it into the layout and listened to Pinza running around the layout with beautiful Deltic sounds... followed by a Brush Type 2 and a Sulzer Type 2... what a difference the sound makes.....

Baz

Waste of money. You do your own pretty good Deltic noises (and HSTs).

• Funny 3

• RMweb Premium

Another step forward today. A turntable (motorised ) has been ordered for use on the main MPD.  All we need is for some baseboards and track.. but when we get out of Lockdown/Tier 3 it should come together nicely....

Baz

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Barry O said:

Another step forward today. A turntable (motorised ) has been ordered for use on the main MPD.  All we need is for some baseboards and track.. but when we get out of Lockdown/Tier 3 it should come together nicely....

Baz

Can't you reuse one of the old Leeds Vic etc. t/ts? Or are they all accounted for?

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, St Enodoc said:

Can't you reuse one of the old Leeds Vic etc. t/ts? Or are they all accounted for?

t/ts?

Oh, turntables.

I must get my eyes tested.

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Michael Edge said:

I've still got one (Brunswick shed) and one is now in France (Upperby shed).

I think you'd told me that and I was just winding Baz up (wot, me?). I've forgotten where the third one went though.