Limited Editions and Special Commissions

MarkSG

Dapol make a lot of special commission and limited edition wagons, eg for clubs, shows, societies, etc (in fact, I suspect it's a significant part of their business model). Does anyone know if there's any definitive, or even reasonably comprehensive, list of all the special commissions and limited editions they've produced?

Hello MarkSG

On the Dapol website I have found the following on the below link:

https://www.Dapol.co.uk/special-commissions

From the link, by clicking on the gauge you want, takes you to a page of traders that have had special commissions, then clicking on the trader shows details of the trader and the special commissions along with the date that it was released.

Thanks

SEEYA
ANT

Hello MarkSG

You could try looking at Warners Publishing, Ramsay's British Model Trains Catalogue (9th edition) in 2 volumes by Pat Hammond.

Though it covers lots of model railway stock produced over many years, I don't know if it covers special commissions.

Thanks

SEEYA
ANT

Edited by ANT

• RMweb Gold

Hello MarkSG

You could try looking at Warners Publishing, Ramsay's British Model Trains Catalogue (9th edition) in 2 volumes by Pat Hammond.

Though it covers lots of model railway stock produced over many years, I don't know if it covers special commissions.

Thanks

SEEYA

ANT

9th edition looks to be 2 years old, is there a 10th edition ?

• 3 months later...

Several N commissions in 2018 from Swansea MRc, E Surrey N Gauge group,. Dapols Club Special. several of us enjoy collecting and using Turton's Books for background. Some are fictious liveries of course. I am surprised that more preservation groups do not do commissions as can do short runs. Several done in OO too.

• 4 weeks later...

Just bought a Special from Llangollen Raiway- N gauge a cream GPV with Welsh Dragon on side. -quite attractive a souvenir. Hope it is successful and raises some funds. Gets difficult to track commissions and nearly missed this one.

Do they have an online shop or do you have to pay them a visit?  I can't find a link to an online shop on their website.

Do they have an online shop or do you have to pay them a visit?  I can't find a link to an online shop on their website.

Not aware of on line shop. I phoned number on website and did order over phone or can post. £13.95 + p+p £3.25 or £4. Very helpful lady , Nikki. 

There is also an OO version.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Guagemaster have listed several 7 plank commissions on order from Dapol in N

Simply Southern has just issued Gasson tent supplier- GPV -very colourful and features in  Private Owners of SE-in N

Medway Queen project has just issued GPV as tool van for their project. Looks good but fictitious livery. N again