BRM October 18

Andy McV

post-1-0-98808800-1536402309_thumb.jpg

Hello all,

BRM October edition, which is out now features some great content this month with the added bonus of the May/June issue of Traction included - the print edition follows on September 13th. Here's what you can look forward to:

Five fabulous model railway layouts!
Porth St John (00)
Ambleside (00)
Titheridge Junction (N)
Hebble Vale Goods (EM)
Gwendraeth (0)

Practical projects to improve your railway modelling:
Build a Slater's  Conflat 'A' container wagon
Make your first plastic kit properly
Fit an electronic flywheel
Upgrade a classic Autocoach
Batch paint model railway figures

Model railway news, reviews and features:
The latest railway kit reviewed
Bachmann H2 Atlantic
TMC Plate and Bolster wagons
The best track cleaning products 
Bachmann Motorail Carflats
Exclusive TMC interview
A day at Brighton Toy Museum

BRMTV DVD, featuring:
Layout of the month - Elmfield (N)
Unboxing a new Janus
Track cleaning tips
DCC wiring advice

post-1-0-45576300-1536402323_thumb.jpg

And don't forget that the digital edition of BRM also includes extra image galleries and videos, a bonus layout article 'Dovington Camp' (00) and two more trackplans - 'Elgin' and 'Owdham Central'. 

Digital extras include extra video content includingf TMC's bolster and plate wagons, Phil detailing a GW autocoach, Howard exploring behind the scenes at TMC whilst Howard and I look at a track-cleaning solution and into some drains!

All told it's over 250 pages of top railway modelling content. Click here to buy your copy for as little as £3.99 and to subscribe. That's all for the moment, but I'll add a few previews shortly.

post-1-0-28103300-1536402336_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-92411100-1536402370_thumb.jpg

Thanks

Andy  
Edited by Andy Y
  • Like 6

Is it me or is the digital version messed up? I get to page 77 (Autocoach digital extra) and then it jumps to the Swindon Shed article in Traction, after which it stalls at digital page 88 (another digital extra).

Yes, I flagged up several errors in the running order yesterday but it was too late in the day to get them fixed. I believe it was an issue with the compiling software. Thinking about it mine stalled to at a couple of points in the page flipping so I went to the overall view (by clicking on the page number at the bottom of the screen) and clicked on the next page that I needed to get to. The Swindon Part 2 article is duplicated from the included edition of Traction too and there are some disconnects between the articles and the relevant additional digital content pages.

Please bear with us and it will get fixed on Monday. There's a huge amount of content in there for the seventies D&E enthusiast, especially those with an interest in the Western Region.

Is it me or is the digital version messed up? I get to page 77 (Autocoach digital extra) and then it jumps to the Swindon Shed article in Traction, after which it stalls at digital page 88 (another digital extra).

Yes, I flagged up several errors in the running order yesterday but it was too late in the day to get them fixed. I believe it was an issue with the compiling software. Thinking about it mine stalled to at a couple of points in the page flipping so I went to the overall view (by clicking on the page number at the bottom of the screen) and clicked on the next page that I needed to get to. The Swindon Part 2 article is duplicated from the included edition of Traction too and there are some disconnects between the articles and the relevant additional digital content pages.

Please bear with us and it will get fixed on Monday. There's a huge amount of content in there for the seventies D&E enthusiast, especially those with an interest in the Western Region.

The advantage of a paper copy, :O  except maybe on a windy day!!!! :no:  :no:  :sungum:

• RMweb Gold

And a paper copy can’t be fixed after publication .......

Don't all Editors wish we could? (SLS Journal Editor) NB Edited to make the point about digital advantages.

Edited by john new

• RMweb Premium

Nice edition chaps, well done.  

Only one little problem... literally...  The layout operators portrayed on pages 62 and 73 seem to be either 8-year-olds, or hobbits... with a width across the shoulders of about 12 inches!   OK so its not a big deal (groan) but does give a false perception of the layout size.

My God, what is that abomination on page 23?!?

It's what you get when people say they want four locos with sound and lights for less than £150. You know you want one as a talking point in your lounge at Christmas.

• RMweb Gold

Another excellent issue. The photos of Porth St John were superb. Having said that, can I respectfully add to what others commented last month: Isn't it possible to place the button adverts outside the photos? I know that they are meant to catch our attention - and they certainly do,  but they are so distracting that they have the exact opposite effect on me: I immediately come to dislike the advertiser! A step too far, I think chaps  :)

• Administrators

While I was in Oz 4 years ago, I spotted this beauty (or "beaut" as the Aussies would say) on the wall of a workshop otherwise containing some very nice layouts.

Dsc_1371.jpg

I was envious. It's doubtless a rare thing, Scotsman didn't run with that particular tender for very long.

Joking aside, kitsch IS cool nowadays, so perhaps we are missing something?

• Like 1

While I was in Oz 4 years ago, I spotted this beauty (or "beaut" as the Aussies would say) on the wall of a workshop otherwise containing some very nice layouts.

attachicon.gifDsc_1371.jpg

I was envious. It's doubtless a rare thing, Scotsman didn't run with that particular tender for very long.

Joking aside, kitsch IS cool nowadays, so perhaps we are missing something?

Its a pity its just a bit too tall for the Cakebox Challenge....

• Like 1

Hi don’t know if this is in the right place with me being new to the forum but I purchased my first ever railway modelling magazine this morning BRM and it’s brilliant loads of advice and different scale layouts. So pleased.:)

• Like 5