RevolutioN Announces Crowdfunded N Gauge Class 128

MGR Hooper!

• 7 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

From the link posted on April 29th above:

“Once the factory have made the CAD corrections we will finalise the versions we are offering and open the order book (not all variants are shown above eg 55991/2 kept their corridor connections to withdrawal in late 1990 but lost their split headcode boxes) .“

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, woodenhead said:

Any news on the order book, my wallet is itching to spend

On the N Gauge Forum it says that final CADs are being double checked; tweaks and revisions have taken a bit longer than expected.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Hallo Mike and Ben,

Why not include the WR full yellow ends with all grey roof in your livery selection? Yes I would prefer that one to the early WR livery, but excluding my wishes that would surely sell well, wouldn't it? We have seen from your other products you only produce a livery if the numbers tally, so by offering it as a pre-order, you have nothing to lose.

es grüßt 

pc

• RMweb Gold

We’ve learnt the hard way that offering too much choice doesn’t help I’m afraid and does cause more work in the long run. We don’t want to repeat the 321 situation in terms of liveries. 

Having said which the focus has been on getting the CAD right rather than livery choices. Before we open the order book we will look again at the liveries but honestly I expect fewer rather than more livery choices as the eventual outcome!

Cheers Mike

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Round of applause 1

3 hours ago, red death said:

We’ve learnt the hard way that offering too much choice doesn’t help I’m afraid and does cause more work in the long run. We don’t want to repeat the 321 situation in terms of liveries. 

Having said which the focus has been on getting the CAD right rather than livery choices. Before we open the order book we will look again at the liveries but honestly I expect fewer rather than more livery choices as the eventual outcome!

Cheers Mike

As long as there is 1970s blue, always gotta have a proper blue period model, in Midland region form.

• Agree 2

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Hi,

It would seem that some either missed the Revolution newsletter email from last week, or maybe didn't scroll down far enough...

Class 128 - the order book will open very soon. All the final CAD amendments are being worked on and as soon as we have a final confirmed price we will open the order book. 

https://us8.campaign-archive.com/?u=f24e36cafcafabf07d09722c1&id=15be484b64

Regards, Gerry.

• Thanks 1

Don't seem to have received that newsletter (unless I accidentally deleted the e-mail!) good news re: the 128s, hopefully not too long then before the order book opens. 

I have tried to find the info on the RevolutioN website but failed, can Ben or Mike (Or Paul) please remind me what the spec for this model will be - is it to be Next 18 DCC compatible and will there be a factory fitted speaker?

Roy

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, Roy L S said:

Don't seem to have received that newsletter (unless I accidentally deleted the e-mail!) good news re: the 128s, hopefully not too long then before the order book opens. 

I have tried to find the info on the RevolutioN website but failed, can Ben or Mike (Or Paul) please remind me what the spec for this model will be - is it to be Next 18 DCC compatible and will there be a factory fitted speaker?

Roy

Hi Roy,

You might find the newsletter in your spam folder.  I am not sure why - sometimes mine end up there!

The answer to your questions is yes and yes.

cheers

Ben A.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

More Information Released by Revolution Trains.

Information from https://www.revolutiontrains.com/express-delivery-class-128-liveries-and-options/

Revolution Trains has confirmed the liveries and unit numbers it is offering of the Class 128 diesel parcels unit.

Midland Region versions (55987-990)

M55987 green with single whiskers and centre head code boxes and M55990 BR blue with full yellow ends, centre domino head code boxes

image.png.56024e1f3314f6ad6869c464b8db072c.png

Western Region versions (55991-996)

W55994 green with single speed whiskers and split head code boxes and W55991 Blue FYE with marker lights and corridor

image.png.3350ef085903071413edcfea9db9888d.png

55992 RM red with corridor and 55993 RM red no corridor (NB not 55994 as shown below)

image.png.9d9e07e53740e0af984803d82c874127.png

The factory is currently making the final CAD changes and once complete we will open the order book. Obviously CAD has taken longer than we anticipated – for which we apologise – we wanted to be sure that the CAD covered all the many variants of 128s (a surprising number for a class of 10!).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Shame the early blue variants are not being offered now although they were muted in the original artwork to gain expressions of interest, so come on before its too late put your hands up now. I will go for W55991 in early blue for sure, speaking on behalf of the silent minority I suspect of course.

Kevin

• Like 1

Hello, Mike and Ben

It's not particularly clear from the CADs posted earlier, but can you confirm if W55991 in blue 'with marker lights' has the marker lights in the headcode boxes, which appears to be the case on the drawing on your website, or is it marker lights with headcode boxes removed? The former might be the more expensive option for me...

And as for the cartics, possibly a retirement present to self... Wallet's groaning already

Regards

Steve

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, stevea said:

Hello, Mike and Ben

It's not particularly clear from the CADs posted earlier, but can you confirm if W55991 in blue 'with marker lights' has the marker lights in the headcode boxes, which appears to be the case on the drawing on your website, or is it marker lights with headcode boxes removed? The former might be the more expensive option for me...

And as for the cartics, possibly a retirement present to self... Wallet's groaning already

Regards

Steve

Hi Steve,

When we open the order books we’ll illustrate them with CAD images of each variant, so it’ll be completely clear what you’re ordering.

cheers

Ben A.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1