RevolutioN Announces N Gauge VEA Van

MGR Hooper!

• RMweb Premium

Towards the end of their life they saw little use by anyone other than the MoD - taking ammunition, explosives etc from Royal Ordnance Factories to MoD depots was a main use.

Even early on following conversion, I suspect most non traffic needing a van was in longer, newer, vans - VGA, bogie ferry vans etc.

• RMweb Gold
15 hours ago, steve1023 said:

Are there plans to do weathered versions of these. I thought there was talk of that in the beginning. 

Hi there,

In the first run there are no weathered variants, though we are hoping Sonic will be able to produce these later.

cheers

Ben A.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

They look like fairly fresh repaints into the Civil Engineers 'Dutch' livery for the version without side doors, i.e. where only the small parts at the ends were painted yellow. It would be nice to see this variation done in the future. I seem to recall a few reference shots for this variation on Paul Bartlett's site.

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

Hi,

Just had 4 emails from Hattons, they read:

Our latest information from the supplier suggests this item will arrive with us between October 2019 & December 2019

:lol:

Additional: I've now been able to check my pre-order and the emails relate to product numbers NVEA 001E/002A,B,C.  Unless there are more emails to come it would appear NVEA 001A/002D,E/005A,B,C may be with me sooner.

These were all pre-ordered at the same time, as soon as Hattons put them up on their website. Puzzling until I get some clarification from them.

Having taken a little time for calm reflection I have now completely resolved the issue in the traditional manner, although I'll be at the back of the queue I'll happily be sure of receiving my VEAs without a foggy timeframe.

Regards, Gerry.

Edited by steam-driven boy
Additional Info.

I went to order some on the RevolutioN website, and noticed how many different running numbers are listed under each livery! Very impressive!

But do the different numbers have different livery details? (like the Hazchem stickers, etc). The preview image doesn't seem to change when you choose a different number, so I feel like I'm picking some out just at random!

I'd kind of prefer some without/fewer Hazchem logos so they could at least plausibly look like they might have been carrying something other than military matériel (even if that's the only things they carried in the later liveries, in reality)

J

On 28/08/2019 at 01:13, steam-driven boy said:

Having taken a little time for calm reflection I have now completely resolved the issue in the traditional manner, although I'll be at the back of the queue I'll happily be sure of receiving my VEAs without a foggy timeframe.

Regards, Gerry.

So when will you be receiving them?

• RMweb Premium

Hi b h,

If you follow the link I posted on the 25th you will find:

The VEA vans produced in conjunction with Sonic Models are due to be unloaded anytime now and we expect to receive them by the end of next week. We’ll get them shipped out to our retailers and customers as soon as possible – if you have ordered direct from us and would like to save a bit of postage by collecting at TINGS then please drop us an email by 31 August* (so that we know not to send your order out!) and we will confirm if it is possible. If you place an order between now and TINGS and would like to collect at TINGS then please put a note in your order in the delivery notes and we’ll bring them along for collection and refund your P&P.

(*my bold)

If I could get to TINGS I'd jump back up the queue I guess, but seeing that my order direct with RevolutioN is now so recent and they traditionally work through them by date when time allows it could be a few weeks beyond TINGS, but from experience I do know for certain it will be dispatched as promptly as is practicable.

I'm sure anyone reading my most recent post will gather that in my view the "foggy" timeframe that part of my original order would have been completed by was entirely :lol: considering how long ago it was placed.

Regards, Gerry.

On 27/08/2019 at 16:54, justin1985 said:

I went to order some on the RevolutioN website, and noticed how many different running numbers are listed under each livery! Very impressive!

But do the different numbers have different livery details? (like the Hazchem stickers, etc). The preview image doesn't seem to change when you choose a different number, so I feel like I'm picking some out just at random!

I'd kind of prefer some without/fewer Hazchem logos so they could at least plausibly look like they might have been carrying something other than military matériel (even if that's the only things they carried in the later liveries, in reality)

J

All but one of the number livery combinations are in https://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/vea

Whether the models have the promised different details I have no idea.

Paul

• Like 2