RevolutioN Announces N Gauge VEA Van

MGR Hooper!

i just had a closer look at the vans i purchased and they are excellent, underframe detail, picked out lamp iron at the ends, and detail differences like the data panel / stickers / depot plaques even... 

just wish i had m.o.d sidings on my layout now! 

WELL DONE SONIC TRAINS!

a great first model and looking forward to seeing what comes out next! 

tim

• Like 1

On 15/09/2019 at 07:51, Izzy said:

As is usual with Hattons there are excellent shots of each individually  numbered wagon on their site clearly showing the variations. Also shows how good they are......

Izzy

Thanks for heads up, this has altered on the site https://www.hattons.co.uk/stocklist/new.aspx

It is not possible to see how closely my photographs have been reproduced on the models. Remarkable - shame I didn't photograph both sides of the vans (but 35 years and more ago we never thought anyone apart from a few finescale modellers would be copying every word/number on a wagon!)

Paul

• Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...

Postie delivered my VEAs today.  OK so I might've got them sooner but I chose to order through Revolution in order that they could plough the profit into one or other of their current projects.

For small wagons they have lots of detail and there's a bag of bits for the modeller to improve them even further.

The positions of lettering and warning flashes are very well matched to Paul Bartlett's photos.  All of the Railfreight ones are different to each other in some way or other.  Oh and there's nothing wrong with the solitary RFD example I have.

Well done to all concerned and don't do another run for a little bit please.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Originals still extant at Marchwood MOD in public view. I remember seeing them regularly on MOD Bedenham freights. Usual motive power either 33 or 47. I did witness a 73 immediately prior to a special using Gatwick stock of the day. Friends had reported seen both 73 and 74 on the Gosport freights in the late 1960's, and my sighting may have been the first on the truncated Gosport branch since the early  sightings.

On 16/09/2019 at 13:15, bluedepot said:

i just had a closer look at the vans i purchased and they are excellent, underframe detail, picked out lamp iron at the ends, and detail differences like the data panel / stickers / depot plaques even... 

just wish i had m.o.d sidings on my layout now! 

WELL DONE SONIC TRAINS!

a great first model and looking forward to seeing what comes out next! 

tim

You don't need MoD sidings; it's wasn't unusual to see a solitary wagon at somewhere like Hexham or Morpeth.