RevolutioN Announeces N Gauge IPA Wagons

MGR Hooper!

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, Steadfast said:

I've just given a few of mine a test run. Lovely smooth runners, cracking detail on the models. Decoration is superb, I think these are the best Revolution models I own. Whilst they might not have the wow factor of the huge KUAs, they are lovely little wagons.

Only thing to watch is the long term longevity of the stakes on those so fitted as they look to be moulded as part of the side and liable to snap if damaged, rather than separate parts, but I'll just have to make sure they don't go down the stairs like the HOAs did :D

Looking forward to getting them loaded, weathered and building a layout for them.

Jo

Thanks for the kind words; glad you’re enjoying them.

We do have spares of most components if anyone does break a stake and need to remake... but please email the address given in the wagon instruction sheet don’t PM here!

cheers

Ben A.

• RMweb Premium

This week has been like Christmas come early!.... in the space of 48hrs I received my KUAs (expected) followed 48hrs later by my IPAs (unexpected!).... these IPAs are absolutely delightful wagons - in fact, they might be my favourite Revolution product yet, perhaps even edging out my beloved KUA :blink: !!!

This is the first I’d seen of the IPA in person and I must say the detail is fabulous and the weighting is spot-on - I’ve said this before but the weighting has been a somewhat self-limiting factor with other Revolution wagons; the HOA especially.... but these IPA are perfect - I have a rake of 26 of varying design (mainly covered though) and that is comfortably handled by a Farish 66 or 60 - so much so I reckon I’ll be in for another covered quad set :yes: !

.... now just waiting for my 92s to arrive to pull the IPAs!!!

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

I think I'd agree on the IPAs, they're lovely, and they run beautifully. Definitely agree on the weight, I was a bit worried after finding my HOAs a little heavy, but they seem spot on! I'm going to screw that up by sticking a load of cars on them probably now of course! 

Even more excited about the 92s to haul them!

• Like 2

Hi Folks

If you are interested there is a chance to see the IPAs in action in my latest video. It features Pendolinos and other Revolution wagons. Also to whet your anticipation if you have ordered Class 92s, there are some CJM 92s and Avocet.

Here is the link:

• Like 2
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold

Another corker from Revolution! I could add the usual superlatives but it seems pretty pointless, the wagons speak for themselves.

0BFED201-CF83-45E7-87ED-10B1CACC00A7.jpg.cc0708225ceae527f69708558d8035b0.jpg

C516E75F-4FFE-4545-9FA7-CB4C0BA3711A.jpg.3676f8a0805f54781bbf0a3207c02c99.jpg

D457925D-E512-4671-88CF-530BF219F613.jpg.34386cf6233e0d0956a0e2900ea12b74.jpg

06721A87-9C42-4635-AFB6-A73DFE8165BC.jpg.4236d9127bedb629430c541833cf2a2c.jpg

Tom. 

Edited by TomE
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My order from Kernow arrived today, and wow! such beautiful little wagons. My set of six might not be enough! 

Not being too familiar with the prototype, I am impressed that the underside detailing varies between wagons. 

I have nowhere to test run them until I build my new layout next year, but they feel nicely solid so should look good behind my 92.

David

2383A0F9-273D-48D2-A55A-88FD866F2798.jpeg.3a1b4f9cfdd69ff831fa2be32555e8d9.jpeg

• Like 8

On 27/09/2020 at 15:00, gedlee said:

Hi Folks

If you are interested there is a chance to see the IPAs in action in my latest video. It features Pendolinos and other Revolution wagons. Also to whet your anticipation if you have ordered Class 92s, there are some CJM 92s and Avocet.

Here is the link:

Really nice layout and some fabulous stock, including of course the IPA's.  The rake, totalling 12 two axle units looks really good.  So glad I went for the same quantity when their "big brothers" arrive.

Plenty of time to enjoy them during lockdown!.

Best Wishes

Christopher.

Thanks Christopher,

I have weathered them now to match my other stock and I like them more and more as I use them. The detail is amazing and the running qualities are superb! I have run them empty, with plastic cars and with metal Transit Vans. Perfect running no matter what the load.

I guarantee, you will enjoy them!

Cheers,

Ged.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, The Black Prince said:

I recently moved from 00 to N.. obviously missed out on the early bird but have managed to pick a significant number of wagons from Kernow and Trains4U.. is there any chance in the future of the double deck variant ? 

They would also go quite well with the 92.. ;)

Hi there,

Welcome to N!

The difficulty with the double deck versions is that Bachmann did a rather nice version in 00 a few years ago and I think they'd be crazy not to offer it in N... however if you are interested we are hosting a Facebook Live tomorrow evening (see our website for details) when some other new items that might interest you are being unveiled.

cheers

Ben A.

• RMweb Premium

Whilst not a patch on Revolution's (which I think are their best wagons; I've got six quad sets and they're flawless) I've had a bit of a stab at the double deck ones...

50506281797_20c2f4ae4d_z.jpgIPA by njee20, on Flickr

I literally printed the decals out last night, will try and get them on in the next couple of days!

• Like 6
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, The Black Prince said:

Thanks Ben, I look forward to it! 

They look great, are they 3D printed? 

Certainly are, yep. The bodies are one piece with the side screens separate. 

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I've got a bunch of the Revolution IPAs closed and open and a load of Ford Transits to go on the open ones. Has anyone got any suggestions for how to attach the Transit vans to the open wagons without making a permanent fixture? I'm thinking a blob of Black Tack or four glue dots but wondering if I'm missing something!