RevolutioN/Accurascale Announce N Gauge Cemflo

MGR Hooper!

http://www.revolutiontrains.com/revolution-brings-cemflo-to-n/

Revolution Trains is teaming up with highly-regarded new modelmakers Accurascale to offer the PCV “Cemflo” wagon in N gauge.

The wagons were built for Associated Portland Cement Manufacturers (APCM) and introduced in 1961, lasting in service until 1988.

image1-1-1024x576.jpeg

Photo courtesy John Boyes/APCM

They were famously associated with the long-distance flow between Uddingstone, near Glasgow, and Cliffe in Kent but were also widely used elsewhere by Blue Circle.

The models will be available in both pre- and post-TOPS liveries, with several different running numbers.

The Cemflo is Revolution’s third wagon aimed squarely at the popular Transition Era and follows our well-received Class B tankers and forthcoming Sturgeon engineer’s flat, and reflects Revolutions enthusiasm for collaborating with other manufacturers to bring models produced in other scales to N gauge enthusaiasts.

cropped-accurascale_web_logo_x250.png

Accurascale have made a big impact on the 00 market since launching their first model, the HUO hopper, and their 4mm Cemflo is already well underway.  This CAD rendering shows the 00 model, and we anticipate as far as possible similar levels of detailing in the N gauge model:

0104-1024x768.jpg

Image courtesy Accurascale

We believe this model will offer customers not just an interesting and distinctive model, equally at home behind steam or diesel traction, but also the chance to bring an exciting new manufacturer into the N gauge fraternity.

If successful we look forward to further collaborations with Accurascale, but as ever we need supporters to step forward and order to ensure this model proceeds.

Edited by MGR Hooper!
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Whilst these were not built until a few years after my preferred modelling period, I might make an exception for a couple (price dependant). I also have a soft spot for these from the ancient Hornby offerings, that I had as a child. 

All we need is someone to do an R-T-R DP2 and we can recreate the Thirsk crash.  It was a rake of cemflos that fell off the track just as DP2 was approaching with fatal consequences.  The prototype was found not to like continuous welded rail the hard way, tragically.

I'm up for a rake of these.  Then I need a pair of Class 33s to haul them (though a York 9F might do).  These were the wagons that took green Class 33s on occasions to Tyne Yard.  Just right for Croft Spa.

Les

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Were these used on the cement trains in West Cornwall, I suspect not as I have not found any pictures yet?

Not as far as I can tell. The Chacewater cement trains in Cornwall changed from the CPV type to the PCA type with the depressed centres some time in the mid-1980s. It doesn’t stop you buying some though! The “Chacewater” cement train on my layout will be a mix of the Farish “Metalair” PCAs and the recently announced Realtrack PCAs.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • RMweb Gold
40 minutes ago, Crepello said:

Can the various triple pack options be amplified please. What would I be getting if I ordered Triple Pack A for Pre-TOPS?

Hi there,

On the order page, when you make a selection a graphic appears showing the particular wagons in the pack.

cheers

Ben A.

Edited by Ben A
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi millerhillboy,

It's very difficult to give a definitive answer because It largely depends on how quickly people order.  The sooner we reach the minimum "safe" order number then the sooner we can ask Accurascale to crack on with the tooling.

Of course, once we reach that point it's over to them, but their track record in 4mm suggests they won't dawdle.

cheers

Ben A.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

An update from RevolutioN:

IMG_8697-1024x576.jpg

Revolution Cemflo is ready to go!

Revolution Trains has opened the order book for its forthcoming Cemflo/PCV cement wagon, produced in association with Accurascale.

The models will feature NEM couplers in kinematic sockets and numerous separately fitted parts. We believe they will maintain the high standards set by our award-winning Class B tankers.

CAD design work is now complete and tooling will commence once enough orders are received.

On offer are pre-TOPS versions in silver with the attractive Blue Circle name boards in four triple packs (A, B, C and D) making a total of 12 differently numbered models available.

TOPS versions are also being offered, in silver with no name boards, in three different triple packs. These are more suitable from the mid 1970s on. Each wagon features subtle differences in the colour, style and position of the number.

In their original livery the wagons could be seen with steam locomotives and diesels across the network. One of the most celebrated workings of the 1960s was the traffic between Cliffe, in Kent, to Uddingstone, near Glasgow, a turn which often involved pair of Class 33 locomotives reaching as far north as Dconaster – something of a rarity in the days of steam.

These models are available to order now for £79.50 for each triple pack.  As ever, production will only go ahead if enough orders are received.

For more information see www.revolutiontrains.com . If you require any further information or photographs/images please contact us.

IMG_8698-1024x576.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5

Could just be me, I may have missed previous announcements but pleased to note that these can now be pre-ordered, my account at RevolutioN duly logged into and a triple-pack of pre-TOPS duly added to my other items.

Might I suggest it may be worth RevolutioN raising the profile of this one a little bit??

Roy

• Agree 1

On 05/10/2019 at 19:29, Roy L S said:

Could just be me, I may have missed previous announcements but pleased to note that these can now be pre-ordered, my account at RevolutioN duly logged into and a triple-pack of pre-TOPS duly added to my other items.

Might I suggest it may be worth RevolutioN raising the profile of this one a little bit??

Roy

Agree - very much a niche model. I got my order in some weeks ago now for 3 x triple packs, but am nervous about it getting across the line.

If people cast their minds back a couple of years, at one stage the B class tanks were no certainty.

• RMweb Gold

Hello all,

We've taken to only opening the order books once CAD is done, as at that point the factory can have a much clearer idea of the production costs of the model.  So although announced a while ago, the order book has only been open for a few months.

As bingley hall pointed out, the Class B took considerably longer to get to the line than most of our modern stuff, and so far while the Cemflo isn't quite as slow it has still been overtaken by modern stuff announced more recently.

I think we have to accept that for whatever reason the "concept buy-in" for crowdfunded models is stronger among those modelling the present day; possibly because, historically, there has been less choice.

Having said that, we definitely want to produce the Cemflo (and in time other models aimed at the transition era) so we will certainly be continuing to push this.  If you know of a fellow transition era N gauger who might be interested please let them know!

cheers

Ben A.

Edited by Ben A
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...