RevolutioN/Accurascale Announce N Gauge Cemflo

MGR Hooper!

• RMweb Gold

Hello all,

Our understanding is that the models should be ready to ship toward the end of this month (certainly before CNY, which always causes a delay in China) and once they are en route we will let everyone know. 

cheers

Ben A.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 2

7 hours ago, Ben A said:

Hello all,

Our understanding is that the models should be ready to ship toward the end of this month (certainly before CNY, which always causes a delay in China) and once they are en route we will let everyone know. 

cheers

Ben A.

Hallo Ben,

I'm in the EU27, and have paid in full on my pre-order. Have you been able to see what changes there will be for us?

From what I have read, you will not charge VAT, and I pay the local rate plus duty (which there may well be as the CoO is China).

Thanks for any Info

es grüßt 

pc

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

Mike knows more about this than I, but my understanding is that when the models are here, and we are ready to ship them, we will reconcile any payments with changes to tax rules that have recently come into force.

cheers

Ben A.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Ben A said:

Hi all,

Mike knows more about this than I, but my understanding is that when the models are here, and we are ready to ship them, we will reconcile any payments with changes to tax rules that have recently come into force.

cheers

Ben A.

Thank goodness you operate a pay on delivery method, I would imagine it would be more complicated resolving VAT issues if you'd taken pre-payment.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

Thank goodness you operate a pay on delivery method, I would imagine it would be more complicated resolving VAT issues if you'd taken pre-payment.

Ha.  Yes, there may be some admin involved - hence 'reconcile' - this is something we will address when the time comes.   Obvs we will make it as straightforward as we can - for our sakes and those of our customers.

(Just for clarity, for those not familar with Revolution and haven't spotted the gag - we operate almost exclusively on a pre-order basis - that is how crowd-funding works!)

cheers

Ben A.

• RMweb Gold
49 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

And with the 92s out of the way and these on the way - what about letting some other models off the leash - the 313 and 128 maybe, please, maybe  :)

These are in development.   Unfortunately, as explained in our website end-of-year report, Covid has impacted on CAD development and this has taken significantly longer than usual.

We have learned that it makes sense to open the order book once the CAD has been completed, as at that stage we can finalise the tooling and assembly costs, so there aren't any nasty surprises.

So once the CAD is finished we will be opening the order book and as soon as the required number of pre-orders are obtained we will commence tooling.

cheers

Ben A.

• Thanks 2

• RMweb Gold

Resolving the VAT issue isn’t complicated but it wasn’t particularly clear what was going to happen until very late on the deal. 

In summary, any new orders placed on our website from anywhere outside the UK should be charged no VAT. Any orders placed before 31/12/2020 by EU customers  but shipped after 01/01/2021 will have had VAT charged which will be refunded before we ship models (though with a couple of the 92 orders we’ve refunded at the same time as despatching the orders).

Cheers Mike

• Thanks 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
Just now, Roy L S said:

Encouraging to note that RevolutioN are expecting delivery of these today. Hopefully not too long before they start to be despatched. 

Roy

Indeed, I received a slew of invoices for these this morning.

Best

Scott.

• Like 3

A HUGE thank you and congratulations to Ben & Mike once again.

The 12 I ordered arrived this morning and they are superb! Fantastic, comprehensive detail as usual with a plethora of small parts.

They run very smoothly and I am pleased that they are lighter than the Class Bs.

I am very, very happy.

Cheers,

Ged.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Mine popped through the door this afternoon. They look like great models. I'll have to wait until Monday to see how they run. Thanks to all involved. 

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

A quick video of my 9 running round. They are lovely models, however what I dod find this morning when taking them out of their boxes was a couple of loose brake wheels and a missing buffer. The brake wheels were an easy refit and I have emailed about the buffer. This does not detract from my first impression of them being lovely models however. 

p.s. I can not explain why they are being pulled by an early crest hall on my running in circuit. 

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium

Even more terrific is the prototypical close-coupling of these wagons. I've fitted mine with Dapol long buckeyes (the short ones are just too short for the Cemflos); even with these, I thought buffer-locking would be a distinct possibility, but happily, they negotiate Peco small-radius code 55 points without problems.

• Like 2

Very happy to receive my cemflos the other day. As others have said these are truly superb, and have a great feel to them weight wise, just right.

I'm looking forward to getting these weathered in due course but it does seem a shame in some ways.

Only grump is having destroyed one of the sleeves already, is there a technique to getting the wagons in and out. I managed to remove the first 3 wagons from their sleeve but managed to rip the sleeve on putting them back in. Not the end of the world I don't suppose.

Edited by millerhillboy
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi millerhillboy,

I am sorry you had problems; the sheaths need to be a fairly tight fit to keep the models secure.  I've just been holding the card sheath with my fingers then using my thumbs to push the clear boxes through so they slide out the other end.

cheers

Ben A.

• Thanks 1