Torkard Lane

It's been a long time since I've been able to concentrate on modelling but I am giving it another go with this inglenook goods sidings. The board is approx 4' x 1' and a recycle of an old layout I had before. Not much to show yet as the track design is still not decided but I thought I would start a post just to get me going.

post-6689-0-56562900-1536428306_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks Luke, i'am thinking late 60's early 70's. Love green/blue diesels especially type 24's and probably going to make it a small factory off a branch line somewhere in the midlands. At the moment trying to work out a design, Neptune Road is a big influence as well as many others. I don't want to appear I am copying but I think that's inevitable. I just want to enjoy building and playing something.

Thanks Luke, i'am thinking late 60's early 70's. Love green/blue diesels especially type 24's and probably going to make it a small factory off a branch line somewhere in the midlands. At the moment trying to work out a design, Neptune Road is a big influence as well as many others. I don't want to appear I am copying but I think that's inevitable. I just want to enjoy building and playing something.

I'm a big fan of green diesels and 24s too though I'm still to get one. Neptune road I very well modelled and an inspiration to me too. Just a quick note, you'd be pressed for space if you are planning at building a 5-3-3 inglenook and headhunt on that 4ft baseboard if you're shunting with the early diesels. You may be able to do it but you'd have to cut down on the point work.

Made up the other half of metcalfes mill and warehouse this morning that I had hidden away part done. Pic below is just a thought on where to position them, will decide when the small factory kit arrives. I will add gutters and drainpipes and weather them in a bit when I can.

post-6689-0-74298400-1536499275_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

Hi!

Very nice work, I like it.

It's always great when I see a new Inglenook Sidings...

I designed mine so that I can play also without rules.

Various loading points are designed on the tracks. In addition, another track comes in the foreground.

How I did that you can watch here:

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/131496-paulhausen-ost/&do=findComment&comment=3250147

Maybe you would like to supplement your layout accordingly?

I wish you a lot of fun and success in the further construction!

Best regards, Thomas

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

No photo updates just yet, but I struggle with attention with my hobbies. With this Corona virus stopping me going out  I've tried to start this project up again.  Did a bit of ballasting today so hopefully I might get some more done on it , pics to follow tomorrow. 

• Like 2

It's been a busy few weekends with the layout, updated pics below. Stuck down the buildings and put some fencing in place. Painted the base a cream colour but has dried quite light, will try to darken when I do that bit with the usual weeds and greenery added.Plenty still to do but that's not bad going for me.

IMG_20200411_171552839.jpg

IMG_20200411_171608244.jpg

IMG_20200411_171558519.jpg

Edited by torkardlane
Added photos
  • Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

I do like the "blind" windows in your warehouse building - I may shamelessly steal be inspired to copy include in my own warehouse!  I also really like how the Inglenook trackplan isn't obvious, by organising the "marshalling" siding to serve the factory.  Nicely composed set of buildings.

Steve S

• Thanks 1

Thanks Steve been enjoying this one. I think we all take inspiration off this forum so many great layouts to help us with our own. I've still got plenty to do including fitting a bridge at the left end and more detailing work. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Kevin, its slow progress. At the moment iam still working so only weekends to do anything and with the glorious weather we keep getting the shed is a wee bit hot to stay in for long( can't believe iam moaning about  weather already).  Still a lot more weathering and details to get on with and will post more updates when they happen.

• Like 1