Ankh Morpork Light Railway

bridgiesimon

• RMweb Gold

I already love this.

There is so much material, (as described so vividly in the many books), that I think it might be very hard NOT TO turn this into a gimmick with "literally" thousands of cameo's being possible!

Even so, I still think there should be gutters and drainpipes, otherwise where will all the gargoyles feed?

(Doh - Even I'm at it now!)

Kev.

This sounds like a brilliant concept, you can really go to town on the details. Is it possible to get appropriate characters in / near 0 scale? You really need Nobby and Colon "guarding" the station....

I am using the wargaming scale of 28mm scale rather than O gauge as I did with Hobbiton End, massive ranges of figures - way more than in O gauge so no lack of opportunities although many of them are in fighting poses they can be converted.

As for Discworld characters a company called MicroArt do an ever expanding range of specific characters. I will then supplement them with other 28mm scale figures from here, there and everywhere. Will need to be careful to choose figures that match size wise to these with careful placement of others.

https://shop.microartstudio.com/en/258-miniatures

There was also a range made by a company called Clairecraft a few years ago, many on Ebay but since Terry's death their prices have rocketed - sellers taking the wizzle me thinks!! £22 for a single figure - mick take!

lots of other figures from companies such as Games workshop, Reaper miniatures, War Games Foundry etc etc etc.

Best wishes

Simon

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Simon  -  can I be the first to offer you an exhibition slot?

(I can probably find a turtle but you'll have to bring your own elephants!)

Is the turtle a celestial being or the one that's an instrument of torture?

• 3 weeks later...

I know I have been a little quiet, I have been busy with all sorts including painting more figures as well as searching for and ordering a few more from Black Cat Bases, excellent looking figures at really good prices - 

http://blackcatbases.com/

Will add a few piccies in a bit when my phone plays ball and sends them!

Best wishes

Simon

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Wouldn't The Luggage be chasing Death chasing Rincewind?  

You also need Lord Vetnari's private saloon, with blacked out windows of course.

Perhaps junior wizards, who have mastered basic fire spells, could be employed as lighters up in the engine sheds.  Or dragons...

Edited by The Johnster

• RMweb Gold

Wouldn't he be the death of luggage also. It's only the death of rats that refused to rejoin him as I recall, and the luggage IS sentient after all, so surly he would be chasing the luggage not the luggage him. I suppose he could be chasing after Rincwind but be behind Death but you would have to be one very brave piece of luggage to chase after Death. I mean what if Death stops and turns around.........

Regards Lez.Z.   

The latest paintings - 

The first few are from a supplier known as gawd knows who!!Cannot remember when or where they came from beyond somebody selling them on Ebay a few years ago - yes I have been planning this project for a while now!

post-3347-0-49175100-1538258016_thumb.jpg

post-3347-0-49146300-1538258052_thumb.jpg

(Terrible chunky crab claw hands but they came with a long wooden pole they are carrying, wondering what to hang from the pole at the mo, possibly a slave?)

This wizard is from the Reaper Miniatures range, a plastic model so not as good detail so had to chop of the bent staff and remake from brass wire and tube. Obviously not totally finished yet but pleased so far.

post-3347-0-83220100-1538258070_thumb.jpg

Finally, my favourite character - Death himself!

post-3347-0-28428000-1538258147_thumb.jpg

I am also going to have a go at making some trolls using offcuts of insulation foam carved and glued together, several piccies collected from different sources to copy etc - found this website and like the idea!

http://www.germy.co.uk/makingelemental.html

Best wishes

Simon

Edited by bridgiesimon
  • Like 19

Splendid idea .................... shamefully I have only just discovered TP's writing (at the tender age of 55) and am within "Equal Rites" atm in my quest to read TP from start to finish this year during my epic Crewkerne - DLR commuting - lots to go yet and I am enjoying it immensely.

My favourite TP "invention" so far is the hovering disc powered soley by the dislike of water of hydrophobic wizards - what a simply brilliant and comical concept.

• Like 1

Splendid idea .................... shamefully I have only just discovered TP's writing (at the tender age of 55) and am within "Equal Rites" atm in my quest to read TP from start to finish this year during my epic Crewkerne - DLR commuting - lots to go yet and I am enjoying it immensely.

My favourite TP "invention" so far is the hovering disc powered soley by the dislike of water of hydrophobic wizards - what a simply brilliant and comical concept.

Good man. Better late than ever. It gets better, hard though that may be to believe :D.

• RMweb Gold

Awesome, I was raised on the abridged Tony Robinson versions but have in the last few years been listening to the unabridged ones, love them. The Vimes ones are my favourite - just finished listening to his story arc again!

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Hi everyone,

Should we ask Andy Y and the Moderators (sounds like a band, doesn't it?) to set us up with an "Ook!" button for this thread?

Regards,

Alex.

(A librarian for all of two months!)

• Like 3