Poole - 4th November 2018 - Featuring Bournemouth West Layout

steve45

Poole club are pleased to announce that this years show is to feature Bournemouth West of this parish, the first time it has been exhibited locally to the prototype

Details of the show:

• Sun 4th November 2018
  • Poole Grammar School, Gravel Hill, Poole, Dorset BH17 9JU

OPENING TIMES:  SUN 10:00am - 4:30pm
ADMISSION:  Adults £5.00    Children £3.50  Family £10.00  

This year's show is sponsored by Model Railway Solutions https://modelrailwaysolutions.co.uk/ and again we will be having 3 halls of layouts, traders and demonstrators. We are also pleased to have the amazing Bournemouth West at the show recreating this iconic terminus of the Somerset and Dorset Railway. There will be lost more to tell you about this year's show and this page will be update in due course.

Free onsite parking and light refreshments are available

List of Traders Attending :

Aspire 

Ian Shave 
Model Railway Solutions Shop and Baseboards 
Railroom Electronics 
R&t Model Railways 
Ray Heard 
The Second Hand Railway Book Shop 
And Our Own Club Stand

List of Layouts Attending :

Arnold Lane O 
Bournemouth West OO
Earl’s Court Model Railway OO 
Exton Quays OO 
Hillbrow OO9 
Holcome O 
Horsethief Bridge N 
Pottendorf HO 
Shillingsford OO 
Stephens Lane MPD O 
Trenance OO 
Twa Dale Estates O 
Ntrak Modular Layout N

List of Demonstrations :

Andy May 

DCC & Computer Control 
Slim Gauge Society

List of Other Displays :

The Spetisbury Station Project 
The Swanage Railway

Steve

Edited by steve45

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Seems as I'm not gonna be able to make it now, this 'chemo' lark is giving me too much grief. But good luck at the show.

Sorry to hear you are not well Paul, I hope you feel better soon.

Kind regards

Steve

Poole club are pleased to announce that this years show is to feature Bournemouth West of this parish, the first time it has been exhibited locally to the prototype

Details of the show:

• Sun 4th November 2018
  • Poole Grammar School, Gravel Hill, Poole, Dorset BH17 9JU

OPENING TIMES:  SUN 10:00am - 4:30pm

ADMISSION:  Adults £5.00    Children £3.50  Family £10.00  

This year's show is sponsored by Model Railway Solutions https://modelrailwaysolutions.co.uk/ and again we will be having 3 halls of layouts, traders and demonstrators. We are also pleased to have the amazing Bournemouth West at the show recreating this iconic terminus of the Somerset and Dorset Railway. There will be lost more to tell you about this year's show and this page will be update in due course.

Free onsite parking and light refreshments are available

List of Traders Attending :

Aspire 

Ian Shave 

Model Railway Solutions Shop and Baseboards 

Railroom Electronics 

R&t Model Railways 

Ray Heard 

The Second Hand Railway Book Shop 

And Our Own Club Stand

List of Layouts Attending :

Arnold Lane O 

Bournemouth West OO

Earl’s Court Model Railway OO 

Exton Quays OO 

Hillbrow OO9 

Holcome O 

Horsethief Bridge N 

Pottendorf HO 

Shillingsford OO 

Stephens Lane MPD O 

Trenance OO 

Twa Dale Estates O 

Ntrak Modular Layout N

List of Demonstrations :

Andy May 

DCC & Computer Control 

Slim Gauge Society

List of Other Displays :

The Spetisbury Station Project 

The Swanage Railway

Steve

According to the flyers and other publicity,the show opens at 10.30am not 10.00! Still looking forward to it!

According to the flyers and other publicity,the show opens at 10.30am not 10.00! Still looking forward to it!

Yep, we got the time wrong on the banner, I think anyone turning up at 10 should get in, sorry about the confusion

Seems as I'm not gonna be able to make it now, this 'chemo' lark is giving me too much grief. But good luck at the show.

Yes, good wishes from the B'm'th West team Paul,when you are feeling more like it give Steve or Roger a call and we will make sure you are able

to view (and play) with the layout should you wish  at MRS.

Regards,

Chris K

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about that Paul- I wish you all the best and hope to see you in the not too distant future- if you fancy a relaxed couple of hours come and see us at the 009 open at Wimborne on 1st December best wishes
Steve

https://dorsetrailwaymodelling.blogspot.com/

Edited by The Dorset Wanderer
  • Like 1

A big thanks to all the exhibitors, demonstrators, traders, sponsors and club members for all the hard work that went in to making this the best show that Poole has seen in a long time.

We had a lot of very positive feedback and will be back next year with another great show.

Well done everyone. :thankyou:  :thankyou:  

• RMweb Gold

Had fun at Poole and James who organises it caught up with Graham, who organises the Wimborne show, and myself looking at the initial hall plans. It’s so nice when local shows are looking to complement rather than compete and judging by the number of WRS members there I’m not the only one ;)

• Like 1

Thanks for the comments guys, I've just returned home from a few days in Dorchester hospital cancer unit, it seems they were worried I might have 'spinal compression', luckily it turned out false, it seems the Myeloma has taken over my old sciatica spot - we must be thankful for small mercies, and it's good to know the much maligned, and hard working NHS is so efficient. :sungum:

edit. as a footnote, I watched the video, I'm impressed by the weathering on the locos especially the 'spam-can' - spot-on.

Edited by bike2steam
  • Like 1

Thanks for the comments guys, I've just returned home from a few days in Dorchester hospital cancer unit, it seems they were worried I might have 'spinal compression', luckily it turned out false, it seems the Myeloma has taken over my old sciatica spot - we must be thankful for small mercies, and it's good to know the much maligned, and hard working NHS is so efficient. :sungum:

edit. as a footnote, I watched the video, I'm impressed by the weathering on the locos especially the 'spam-can' - spot-on.

Hi Paul, 

Pleased you liked the video, did you notice the realistic smoke from the 'spam-can' at the end - pretty special eh?

Glad to hear that the NHS are looking after you, I hope they get you out and about soon and definitely for the Wimborne show.

Best regards

Steve