North Ballachulish

Persephone

Any layout which has a flypast from a Phantom gets my attention!

The Phantom is one of a few aircraft which graced the skies on low flying exercises in the Glencoe area in the period the layout is set in, 1970 - 1972. Other examples will appear! (23 Squadron Raf may be in attendance at Halifax if I get it airbrushed in time

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 9 months later...

IMG_20200217_201332.jpg.840a057bb9977a8db8ff5f852ac957a8.jpgTwo new locos are joining the fleet for North Ballachulish's first outing to Scotland this weekend at the Model Rail Scotland show in Glasgow. 5099 (SLW) and 6129 (Dapol) join the loco roster for the first time. 

Edited by Persephone
  • Like 4

• 5 months later...
  • RMweb Premium
On 28/04/2019 at 12:03, Persephone said:

A few images from York show taken on the phone. Now with added backscene! Next out at Expo EM Spring in Bracknell

Such a shame that got cancelled, as it's only 15 mins away from me.  Hopefully I can get to see this layout "in the flesh" in future.

• 3 years later...

Well as of today the layout is no more. Newcastle was to be it's last show, but the cancellation rained on our last weekend away with it which was a shame but hey ho.

Whilst the layout had fared well, it's owner and operators less so and the process of van hire in particular was wearing, and soon after Ally Pally this year, I decided we'd do Newcastle and cancel the rest. A severe health issue just after Easter cemented that decision.

Most has gone to good use, the boards and legs will form part of another club members layout, the stock and buildings will be put up for sale (watch out for the classifieds ) some of the fiddleyard timber has already been chopped into kindling for our log burner and the rest has gone to the dump!

To quote the Grateful Dead, "What a long strange trip it's been" but it's been a blast.

IMG_20220109_115445.jpg

IMG_20220109_134854.jpg

IMG_20220109_121943.jpg

IMG_20220109_121736.jpg

• Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 9

• RMweb Premium

Och that’s a shame . Am I right in thinking I saw this at Model Rail Scotland ?  I’m actually sitting in Appin , just down from Ballachulish now , in fact the Connell to Ballachulish Railway is a cycle track at the bottom of the garden !  Health comes first though , wishing you all the best 

Edited by Legend
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1