The great DBC Class 60 hunt

TravisM

• RMweb Gold

I’m thinking of trying to photograph the DBC class 60’s at work and wondering if there is a good single location, if there is one to photograph most the remaining loco’s at work. I’m not interested in the recently acquired GBRf ones or those dumped at Toton.

The fuel trains from the Humber refineries to Kingsbury near Tamworth are probably your best bet for DBC 60s. My favoured locations are Barnetby, Attenborough Nature Reserve near Nottingham, Broad Rushes bridge at Castle Donington, Barrow-on-Trent, Stenton Jn and Elford loop near Tamworth (depending on the time of day).

A 60 isn't guaranteed - 6M00 has a tendency to produce a shed in my experience - but with RHTT season approaching a few 60s are being reinstated, so this is a good time to capture tugs on these workings.

• Like 1

No more contracts to go to GB at Peak. They have the hopper work. DB have the boxes. Additionally, the Tata Chemicals train from Tunstead is booked a 60, and there seems to be another lingering in the area too. It went to Attercliffe tonight

60065 should be in the Doncaster area, it's allocated shunt loco

Jo

Edited by Steadfast