Grundy Street

georgeT

17 minutes ago, MarshLane said:

Sorry to hear that George you seemed to getting on really well until the recent mojo issue.  Any plans for what you'll do next - presume your staying with O Gauge ... that 'Dutch 31' looks fantastic ... Jinty has done his usual superb job with that!

Rich

''T'' Gauge and a big Red Bridge in Scotland?:fie::man_in_love_mini:

• Funny 3

Hi guy's, The trouble is that l had made some massive mistake's from the outset,  (1) was that l had bought ten yards of track that was a different gauge to Peco  (l did not know this at the time) therefore l had to bend the ends slightly to make them join together,  (2) l never used any fishplate's as they just wouldn't fit, even then l still carried on with laying the track, and in the end l had a small yard of some sort, but it was very limited to what l could do, loco's could bring stock in but then they were trapped in the dead end's, (3) was the cassette system it just didn't work as l could not lift a class 37 plus three wagon safely as planned, as it was just far too heavy to lift yet l still carried on regardless, yes l did enjoyed the building of the building's,  (4) not having really  planned the layout properly, it was doomed to fail, l had an interested buyer but he declined after realising the work involved in separating the board's and having to scrap the cassette's and make two fiddle yard's to make it a through station, so now he is going to buy the building's separately so l have got some finance for the next venture whatever that is, l still have 'Abbot's Mead' so all is not lost..... live and learn.

• Friendly/supportive 10

Hello George, it's a shame to learn of the demise of Grundy Street, but I would like to thank you for posting progress and all the photos showing your methods and processes for creating your great buildings. As a novice, it has given me a valuable insight on how to approach the task.

Thanks again

Paul

Edited by PaulBee
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Hello Paul. Thank's for the kind word's mate at the end of the day l had just got tired of 'Grundy Street' with all it's problem's which was all mainly because of NOT planning and thinking ahead about thing's, l just went willy-nilly along thinking all would work out in the end, but l was wrong, very wrong, as l had some major problem's.

The building's have all been sold now so all was not in vain, and now they live on, plus l now have a little finance to fund the next project, l have always liked the idea of laying a paper template down of the whole track  layout, but l don't understand 'Templot' enough to do this. 

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Yes, paper is a good idea.  In my case I scanned track and downloaded Peco turnout templates and had them 'loose'. 10 years or so ago Andy told me to stick them down and put the track on it ... I did not realise at the time how good that would have been ... I do now!

Good luck on your next.  Peter

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, georgeT said:

Hello Paul. Thank's for the kind word's mate at the end of the day l had just got tired of 'Grundy Street' with all it's problem's which was all mainly because of NOT planning and thinking ahead about thing's, l just went willy-nilly along thinking all would work out in the end, but l was wrong, very wrong, as l had some major problem's.

The building's have all been sold now so all was not in vain, and now they live on, plus l now have a little finance to fund the next project, l have always liked the idea of laying a paper template down of the whole track  layout, but l don't understand 'Templot' enough to do this. 

You can download any Peco point template from here https://peco-uk.com/collections/turn-out-crossing-plans

Choose your guage on the left side of the page and the template on the right, download then print them out.

It's not quite Templot but it will give you an idea of a track layout before committing to actual track.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

58 minutes ago, Donington Road said:

You can download any Peco point template from here https://peco-uk.com/collections/turn-out-crossing-plans

Choose your guage on the left side of the page and the template on the right, download then print them out.

It's not quite Templot but it will give you an idea of a track layout before committing to actual track.

Cheers for that buddy..

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Great to see you today George, and nice to chat.

Let's see what you come up with for your new purchases - I reckon you got a great deal there!

All the best mate,

Al.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello Al, lt was great to meet up with you on Saturday, and l really enjoyed our chat, l don't know what direction l am heading at the moment as l am having thoughts of making a small layout in 'OO' for a change...

• Like 3
  • Funny 1

1 hour ago, georgeT said:

Hello Al, lt was great to meet up with you on Saturday, and l really enjoyed our chat, l don't know what direction l am heading at the moment as l am having thoughts of making a small layout in 'OO' for a change...

OO!? No! I enjoyed your O gauge diesels.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, 47606odin said:

OO!? No! I enjoyed your O gauge diesels.

Thanks 47606odin but l am keeping all the O gauge steam/Diesel stock, l just need a little break from the big stuff and l fancied building a small country station with some nice southern steam locos on it, as l already have a School's and King Arthur, and soon a Class 700.  l need some country atmosphere with trees and some fresh air ?.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2