Grundy Street

georgeT

Well l have started another thread called Pit Street North, total change from my southern haunts as this time its based around the Barnsley area  in the past thirty years, so a whole spectrum of different stock and a myriad liveries, and loads of empty warehouses and deserted factories,and over grown yards, so l have enlisted the help of fellow rmwebber Mark Owen (meowenuk) who has returned to modelling after a long break, and was keen to lend a hand, we have started laying the track in the station area, then my saw packed in so we will have to wait until Wednesday for the new saw to arrive...

post-7716-0-57136500-1536590156_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-07574900-1536590621_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-86819800-1536590979_thumb.jpg

Edited by georgeT
  • Like 10

• RMweb Gold

Are those copper clad sleepers George, to which the track is soldered?  If so, I am looking at that principle for my fiddle yard, and have acquired some copper clad sleepers, so will be interested in seeing how this goes together.

Rich

I don't know, I have a kip for an hour after lunch, and low and behold, there's a New Thread started.

I do like the name mate, dirty old Warehouse's, possibly a Canal side, rusty railings, and brambles, Loads of atmosphere mate.

Superb. :sungum:

Are those copper clad sleepers George, to which the track is soldered?  If so, I am looking at that principle for my fiddle yard, and have acquired some copper clad sleepers, so will be interested in seeing how this goes together.

Rich

Hi Rich,  Welcome on board, the track will be soldered to the sleepers as required you will have no chair's (but l can live with that). also if you cut through the copper clad to isolate the sleeper as near to the inside rail you won't see the cut...

I don't know, I have a kip for an hour after lunch, and low and behold, there's a New Thread started.

I do like the name mate, dirty old Warehouse's, possibly a Canal side, rusty railings, and brambles, Loads of atmosphere mate.

Superb. :sungum:

You can't close your eye's for ten minute's up here in the north Hahahahaha and yes there will be lot's of run down building's

• Like 1

Right up my street this being a Barnsley lad

George

I’ll definitely be watching this project ,excited to see how you get on

Have you a plan ?

My Dovecliffe is a place in Barnsley ,Barrow pit sidings

Brian

Jump on board Brian god know's were we are going,  should be fun at least...

Morning mate, the Set Track Points have far to sharp an angle, I've always used their standard ones which suit my way of modelling, and fit nicely on SMS/ DEY

l hear what you are saying Buddy, but they are big and too long for my plan l want shorter and slightly tighter curves, we'll see ...

• Like 1

Very dirty Martin, very dirty indeed....

We have to work hard to present it the way it was.

I have stayed off my own patch this morning down to Mexborough. Following the satnav from the A1, the rural landscape could now do a tv double for the Cotswolds. Best keep quiet before Escape to the Country doubles house prices ......

l have made two cassettes up today, and decided to use the recess in the cupboard to fit them in, and that will give me extra room on the layout, nothing is fitted yet, still working things out....

post-7716-0-36601700-1536757840_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-41657500-1536758049_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-34397500-1536758155_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-96634100-1536758270_thumb.jpg

Edited by georgeT
  • Like 10

Nice job on those cassettes George, should be nice and sturdy for use.

Jinty ;)

Thanks David,  l will make a few more cassettes to hold short trains and then make some sort of storage system on the wall to hold them...