Grundy Street

georgeT

58 minutes ago, georgeT said:

Thanks, Get behind me Satin,  means stop me from temptation, just impulse, buying things you don't really need, because they are a bargain....

And pics that tempt others, haha.

Great set of pics mate, those Tractors really look the business on GS mate.

47 minutes ago, shortliner said:

SHOCK! HORROR!! You are surely not going to display yourself to the naked gaze of the assembled throng - That would really be something we can't unsee!!!  And on a family oriented forum, too !!!!

Now there's a thought, where did l put my throng...

• Funny 1

Been a bit busy today making a stand for locos to stand on between duties so much better than on the bench getting in the way, also l made a lighting rig, simple but effective, needs tiding up now...

DSC04862.JPG

DSC04860.JPG

DSC04859.JPG

DSC04858.JPG

• Like 9
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

9 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Nice Jobs there young George, Layout looks much brighter now.

Morning Andy, Yes its a lot brighter now and much easier to un-couple three links etc etc, need to finish off some green stuff now, also decided to model a closed freight yard in which locos can rest between duties...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, PeterBB said:

At last, managed to a) find it b) view it c) get it back onto my 'followed topics".  Looks really good George.

Cheers, Peter

Welcome aboard Peter you are most welcome, have you got a thread on here somewhere ?.

• RMweb Gold

Hi George, family and club seem to have taken up all my time of late, Swad Lane, having not been able to exhibit it last year was sold for someone else to enjoy, Deesdale Road is currently due out locally in July for its first for some considerable time ... how many layouts these days still use wires to change points?, while Rothleigh and Swithmore (still registered as Rothleigh) has differed yet again as above and by removal of track so have not posted for an absolute age.  Cheers, Peter

• Friendly/supportive 1

Hello Perter, l know what you mean family comes first and we all do what we have to, after all said and done its just a hobby we have and we do it when time and mojo allow, hope you get back to exhibiting soon buddy...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I must admit I do miss Exhibiting, that's why I'm doing a small 4mm Layout again. I got the timber today, and it will be just 10ft x 16 inches, on two boards, a 6ft scenic board that will just fit in the car, and a 4ft Fiddle Yard sector plate board. Watch out for Mason Street (Goods) coming to a Layouts thread sometime soon.

I'm hoping to come up in the next week or so, and see what you've been up to.

Edited by Andrew P
add words
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

I must admit I do miss Exhibiting, that's why I'm doing a small 4mm Layout again. I got the timber today, and it will be just 10ft x 16 inches, on two boards, a 6ft scenic board that will just fit in the car, and a 4ft Fiddle Yard sector plate board. Watch out for Mason Street (Goods) coming to a Layouts thread sometime soon.

I'm hoping to come up in the next week or so, and see what you've been up to.

Before @Clive Mortimore gets in with a comment, might Mason Street see a Bubblecar? I know you missed out on an AEC Railcar with your last 4mm layout.

Are you mixing eras or will this be a blue layout?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, woodenhead said:

Before @Clive Mortimore gets in with a comment, might Mason Street see a Bubblecar? I know you missed out on an AEC Railcar with your last 4mm layout.

Are you mixing eras or will this be a blue layout?

:offtopic: Goods ONLY, plus a Parcels Bay, inspired by this O Gauge Layout George and I saw at the Hazel Grove Show in 2012 when I was Exhibiting Loch Leven, mine is a reversed mirror image and this will be all I will be modelling, and BLUE period / Late 70's only, so far I have a Sound 47, Sound 25 and an 08 that is waiting for a Sound Chip, the only other Motive Power I may need is a 31, and a Heljan 128 Parcels Unit.

1239449092_HazelGrove2012Oct27th28th058.JPG.dabc59376d219c53b0e802b568f6ece5.JPG

Edited by Andrew P
change a number
  • Like 3